Replies

• Catawampous
    Catawampous Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    Straight up! No additives. :)
  • RalfLott
    RalfLott Posts: 5,036 Member
    Options
    I hate the taste of stevia. Fortunately the Splenda doesn't give me any negative side effects, and I go through 1-2 packets a day on a HEAVY day. I don't stress about those. :-) But vanilla extract may be yummy to try.

FYI, you can get it in liquid form without the junk fillers (little yellow squirt bottle).

A lesson learned the hard way - if you can taste stevia at all (bitter, right?), you're using too much. (Pure stevia is extremely sweet.)
  • Seajolly
    Seajolly Posts: 1,435 Member
    Options
    Tried my coffee this morning blended with ice and madagascar vanilla ghee (the only ingredients in the ghee are clarified butter and vanilla bean, no sweetener). The ghee provided a lovely creaminess to the coffee and tasted delicious! Just a hint of vanilla essence, nothing crazy. I am so glad I've found this lifestyle.
  • macchiatto
    macchiatto Posts: 2,890 Member
    Options
    Several different ways (never black though!). I usually have 16-20 oz of coffee with both breakfast and lunch and I'll either add:
    * 30 ml HWC, with or without sugar-free Torani (or similar) syrup or occasionally Splenda
    * maybe 15-20 ml HWC with 7-8 ml Kerrygold butter or MCT oil

Every once in a while I'll make full-on BPC with butter and MCT or coconut oil (now HWC), vanilla extract and some sweetener, but not often.

If I'm out and about, like at a restaurant or church, I usually go with half and half or whatever is available/sugar-free instead of cream.
  • my4andme333
    my4andme333 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Seajolly wrote: »
    Tried my coffee this morning blended with ice and madagascar vanilla ghee (the only ingredients in the ghee are clarified butter and vanilla bean, no sweetener). The ghee provided a lovely creaminess to the coffee and tasted delicious! Just a hint of vanilla essence, nothing crazy. I am so glad I've found this lifestyle.

I use Madagascar vanilla bean paste in my baking, it has 1g carb per teaspoon just an FYI :)
  • Goddess0921
    Goddess0921 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    My first cup is always BPC. Depending on how much time I have, it's either Kerrygold and MCT oil and half & half with my handheld little mixer, or I do the Rocket Fuel Latte (hemp hearts, cacao butter, MCT oil, collagen powder, half & half) in the blender. After that, it's just black. I never use any sweeteners anymore.
  • Libr3
    Libr3 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I do bulletproof coffee in the morning too, like others have said. MCT oil and ghee. If it's past 2 I'll occasionally pick up a small breve latte, but not very often. I try to avoid Starbucks though, their baristas are terrible. I used to be friends with a few of them and they openly admitted to me that many of them will change people's orders if they want something "unhealthy", such as by giving skim milk to those who order whole/breve, only puting one shot when they order 2, stuff like that. (SO glad I found this community btw, just searching a few keywords in the main one had me ready to delete my account, and as per the guidelines, that is all).

I'm actually trying to drink more coffee right now, to quit the energy drinks, which I have a serious problem with lol
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Options
    Straight up black, but if I am at Tim Horton's for my free hot drinks while on patrol, I'll make it a Dark Roast with 1 sweetener as a treat. I don't like to wreck the true coffee flavour with cream or coconut oil.
  • cottagegirl71
    cottagegirl71 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Black. Have been known to put Bailey's in my coffee in my pre-keto days....anyone know how to make a version of that? HWC and ????
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Options
    You might wanna tweak the recipe a bit - definitely NOT keto friendly, lol.

In a blender, combine heavy cream, sweetened condensed milk, Irish whiskey, instant coffee, chocolate syrup, vanilla extract, and almond extract. Blend on high for 20 to 30 seconds. Store in a tightly sealed container in the refrigerator. Shake well before serving.
  • dulcitonia
    dulcitonia Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    Super strong with just a splash of cream
  • Aquawave
    Aquawave Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Seajolly wrote: »
    Curious how others here take their coffee to fit into their Low Carb lifestyle.

Black, with a touch of vanilla extract.
  • AshStout83
    AshStout83 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    I use two tbs. of heavy whipping cream in black coffee. I was using one tbs., but two is even better. :naughty:
  • TishaGettinFit
    TishaGettinFit Posts: 77 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Black ... like my soul ;)
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    black mostly...sometimes with a vanilla protein powder (sunwarrior plus)...sometimes with a bit of cream as a treat on the weekends...mostly just plain coffee is yum
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    on a snow day I like it with jameson, but it's spring here, so no more of that for a while
  • AlexandraCarlyle
    AlexandraCarlyle Posts: 1,603 Member
    Options
    on a snow day I like it with jameson, but it's spring here, so no more of that for a while

...It's always winter somewhere..... ;)
  • EggToni
    EggToni Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    I miss Bailey's and coffee. Perhaps, the sweetened condensed milk can be substituted with some stevia and extra heavy cream???? And maybe the chocolate syrup can be replaced with baking cocoa? I think I'll try it.
  • anglyn1
    anglyn1 Posts: 1,803 Member
    Options
    With cream and collagen here.
  • auntstephie321
    auntstephie321 Posts: 3,586 Member
    Options
    Black preferred on ice