Going to Disney World next week... Snack ideas to bring?

Seajolly
Seajolly Posts: 1,435 Member
So I'll be going to Disney World from next Thursday-Sunday and I plan on eating HFLC as much as possible there, however I am going to treat myself a little bit! What are some easy snacks I can pick up at the grocery store just to have with me so I don't resort to eating an ice cream cone just because I need a snack? :D I notice on HFLC so far (since I've been doing it less than a week) I feel quite ravenous after awhile so I just don't want to be caught in a tight spot and need to grab something quick and there's no good options. Plus I'll be doing a LOT of walking (I average 9-11 miles a day while there) so I need to keep my energy up!

Here's what I'm thinking of picking up at a grocery when I get down there or bringing with me:

- cheese sticks
- salami or pepperoni
- Know Brainer (keto on-the-go coffee creamer packets)

What are some other ideas? Thanks!

Replies

• bcklee
    bcklee Posts: 50 Member
    Thanks for posting this! I'm going in about a month.
  • mjj79
    mjj79 Posts: 415 Member
    I absolutely love the cheese and egg white crisp. Pop them in a bag with ice pack to keep them good. They satisfy my chip cravings!
  • mjj79
    Oops. Recipe:
    1/4 cup egg whites (or the whites from 3 eggs)
    Garlic salt or seasoning of choice
    TBSP water
    Shredded cheddar cheese (about 3-4 TBSP)

Mix egg white, water and seasoning until a bit frothy. Pour just enough to cover bottom of muffin tins. (You want it to be a very thin layer.) then sprinkle with cheese. Cook in 350degree oven for 10, maybe 15 min (I just watch them and take them out when they look crispy. )

I stored in a ziplock back in the fridge and they were still yummy the next day! I also made two big ones in a muffin too pan and used it as sandwich bread :)

Have fun in Disney!!!!
  • Seajolly
    mjj79 wrote: »
    Oops. Recipe:
    1/4 cup egg whites (or the whites from 3 eggs)
    Garlic salt or seasoning of choice
    TBSP water
    Shredded cheddar cheese (about 3-4 TBSP)

Mix egg white, water and seasoning until a bit frothy. Pour just enough to cover bottom of muffin tins. (You want it to be a very thin layer.) then sprinkle with cheese. Cook in 350degree oven for 10, maybe 15 min (I just watch them and take them out when they look crispy. )

I stored in a ziplock back in the fridge and they were still yummy the next day! I also made two big ones in a muffin too pan and used it as sandwich bread :)

Have fun in Disney!!!!

Sounds awesome! Going to try it for sure!
  • mjj79
    Oops. Supposed to say I made the big ones in a muffin top pan...the diameter is about twice that of the regular muffin pan.
  • eneild
    eneild Posts: 198 Member
    Pre-portioned bags of nuts. I also like the peanut and sea salt Rev Glo bars (3G net carbs). Hard boiled eggs.
  • RalfLott
    RalfLott Posts: 5,036 Member
    edited April 2017
    Macadamia nuts <3 - 20 calories per nut, almost all of them from fat.
  • TX_Bluebonnet
    TX_Bluebonnet Posts: 244 Member
    Kudos to those intending to stay on plan! I'm going for a week in early June and will try to make smart choices as often as possible, but it will most likely end up being a high carb vacation for me. :*
  • cstehansen
    cstehansen Posts: 1,984 Member
    Almonds
    Pili nuts
    Walnuts
    Pumpkin seeds
    Sunflower seeds
    Jerky
  • Seajolly
    Kudos to those intending to stay on plan! I'm going for a week in early June and will try to make smart choices as often as possible, but it will most likely end up being a high carb vacation for me. :*

I have an annual pass so I go 6+ times a year so I've pretty much tried all the goodies. :D So I am trying to have some self control this trip... Hopefully it goes well. I turned down deep fried donuts and brownies tonight! o:)
  • ladipoet
    ladipoet Posts: 4,180 Member
    Pork rinds, hard-boiled eggs. Nut butters. Seed butters.
  • TX_Bluebonnet
    TX_Bluebonnet Posts: 244 Member
    Seajolly wrote: »

I have an annual pass so I go 6+ times a year so I've pretty much tried all the goodies. :D So I am trying to have some self control this trip... Hopefully it goes well. I turned down deep fried donuts and brownies tonight! o:)

Ah, lucky you to get to go so often. You have great self control to turn down those donuts and brownies. Well done!
  • MzLazyBones
    MzLazyBones Posts: 63 Member
    Beef jerky, almonds, maybe some macadamia nuts? Have fun :)
  • mmultanen
    mmultanen Posts: 1,029 Member
    If you've been before and had all the treats one of the things that helps me the most in those situations is to remember the food is always there. I know where to get it, it's not going away and I can have it any time I want. Then I ask my self the question, Do I really want the food right now? Most of the time, the answer is no. But if the answer is yes, then I can make a mindful choice to eat the food rather than succumb to an unconscious uncontrolled reaction to food on the part of my emotions or situation. Very rarely in life will you ever encounter a food that is a "once in a life time" food.

Pack things you love that are part of your way of eating so you don't ever have to scrounge or wonder at the nutritional content. Also, splurge on a few way of eating things that you wouldn't normally eat. Something like a Breve (if it's not part of your normal routine) or an amazing steak one night. You're still getting "special" and "vacation" food that way.