Crazy places you've found carbs (and how many)!?!

Options
13»

Replies

• RalfLott
    RalfLott Posts: 5,036 Member
    Options
    dajoloehr wrote: »
    I'm sure someone already mentioned it, but my smoked turkey had icing sugar!! listed as an ingredient.

Icing? Must have been a turkey pot pie....
  • missippibelle
    missippibelle Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    I agree, it's ridiculous, right....? That's why I always make my own. Why pay that much money, when you can make your own for a few cents/pence....? And it takes fewer than 30 seconds - !

Here in the South, you can always find Dukes Mayonnaise. It's the only one I know of that doesn't have sugar as an ingredient. If you order online, it's pretty pricey, so I was happy to find Dukes at my local Publix grocery store. My own DIY-mayo attempts have been less than stellar.

Love Duke's!
  • shadus
    shadus Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    Imitation crab meat... 13g/3oz vs real crab meat 0g/3oz.
  • Lucille4444
    Lucille4444 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Hellman's Mayo has 0 carbs. I think what has more carbs is the mayo-like stuff in a jar they sell as 'salad dressing'.
  • elizarizo
    elizarizo Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    Extra gum has 2g per stick
  • auntstephie321
    auntstephie321 Posts: 3,586 Member
    Options
    Supplements, I remember one magnesium I was looking at way back when they would've been about 6g a day just for those pills. I can fit that in but why.
  • TX_Bluebonnet
    TX_Bluebonnet Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Supplements, I remember one magnesium I was looking at way back when they would've been about 6g a day just for those pills. I can fit that in but why.

Hmm. My bottle of magnesium doesn't list nutritional info so now I'm wondering how many carbs per dose? It's Pure brand. No info on their website either. :/
  • auntstephie321
    Options

Hmm. My bottle of magnesium doesn't list nutritional info so now I'm wondering how many carbs per dose? It's Pure brand. No info on their website either. :/

Maybe there isn't anything else added, if that's possible. Is it a pill or powder?
  • TX_Bluebonnet
    TX_Bluebonnet Posts: 244 Member
    Options

Maybe there isn't anything else added, if that's possible. Is it a pill or powder?

It's a pill. It's 120 mg magnesium glyciate. Other ingredients: vegetarian capsule (cellulose, water), ascorbyl palmitate.
  • auntstephie321
    Options

It's a pill. It's 120 mg magnesium glyciate. Other ingredients: vegetarian capsule (cellulose, water), ascorbyl palmitate.

Sounds the same as mine I take kal mag glycinate it's a tablet and lists <1g carb looks like all from fiber so whatever they use to hold it together
  • WeirdoTwo
    WeirdoTwo Posts: 8 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    I didn't realize mayo had sugar - I never really thought I had to read more than the nutritional label...shows how trusting I am. Ah well, lesson learned!

I hate that I can't find gum with 0 carbs! I guess there is no candy or "quick breath fix" without carbs...

I recently learned that liver has carbs. Went to make it and checked the label for protein/fat per swerving and for some reason glanced at carbs. Makes sense, I guess, considering what the liver does... grr.
  • LowCarb4Me2016
    LowCarb4Me2016 Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    This not exactly what this thread is about but we all know broccoli and zucchini have carbs but it's only been recently that I've noticed they're actually sweet.
  • cierrahc
    cierrahc Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    WeirdoTwo wrote: »
    I didn't realize mayo had sugar - I never really thought I had to read more than the nutritional label...shows how trusting I am. Ah well, lesson learned!

I hate that I can't find gum with 0 carbs! I guess there is no candy or "quick breath fix" without carbs...

I recently learned that liver has carbs. Went to make it and checked the label for protein/fat per swerving and for some reason glanced at carbs. Makes sense, I guess, considering what the liver does... grr.

Some gum uses sugar alcohols as sweetener, which depending on how you look at things are negotiable. Gum is terrible for your teeth anyways, at least that's what my dentist has always told me lol

• auntstephie321
    Options
    This not exactly what this thread is about but we all know broccoli and zucchini have carbs but it's only been recently that I've noticed they're actually sweet.

And for me also never realized how horrible sweet toothpaste was I couldn't stand it seems found one with no sweetener
  • LowCarb4Me2016
    LowCarb4Me2016 Posts: 575 Member
    Options

And for me also never realized how horrible sweet toothpaste was I couldn't stand it seems found one with no sweetener

I haven't noticed that, yet. Interesting.
  • pitbullmamaliz
    pitbullmamaliz Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Cafe Americano from Starbucks has 3 grams of carbs. It's espresso and water. HOW?????
  • AlexandraCarlyle
    AlexandraCarlyle Posts: 1,603 Member
    Options
    Cafe Americano from Starbucks has 3 grams of carbs. It's espresso and water. HOW?????

It's probably in the cup... if it's paper disposable, possibly that's your fibre intake taken care of, too.... ;)
  • pitbullmamaliz
    pitbullmamaliz Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Hahahah!