Weekly Post 23.04. - 29.04.17

Options
2»

Replies

• flossyruby1
    flossyruby1 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    I agree with Mama...logging everyday is the only way to stay accountable and avoid amnesia with regards to diet. Heck, I have to write down a reminder to take a shower most days.
  • Meghan509
    Meghan509 Posts: 1,964 Member
    Options
    Hi guys,
    Sorry I don't log in much over the weekends. :)
    I log what I eat, every day so that even on non-light days I can stick to around 1400 or so. But, I am trying to lose as much as I can since I still have quite a bit to lose. I just find it keeps me accountable. I also like seeing "Meghan has logged in for X amount of days" LOL. But, with that being said next week when I am on vacation I probably won't log much at all. Maybe just coffee, so I can keep my number of days going. But, we really won't be following any type of diet for that week.
    The only time I don't log something is if it is a "cheat meal" or a meal out like a burger and fries on Friday night. I had logged pretty much the whole day but not my dinner. I find it doesn't make sense to log it if I don't really know how many calories it is and it is an indulgence. I was back on the wagon the following AM and at the gym to burn that burger off. :smiley:
  • Meghan509
    Meghan509 Posts: 1,964 Member
    Options
    Thanks for that article Cindy. Very interesting. I skimmed it for now. I have saved it to my bookmarks, so I can read it fully. :)
  • 06cindy
    06cindy Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the supportive answers! I guess I'll stick to logging everything.
  • sanjoparolas
    sanjoparolas Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    I only log on light days. On other days I try to make sure I am eating lots of plant-based whole foods and I sometimes use Dr. Greger's Daily Dozen checklist for that.
  • sanjoparolas
    Options
    I do keep track of my daily exercise on MFP though.
  • sanjoparolas
    Options
    For the record, I have been doing this consistently for years and it works for me, keeping me within my goal weight range (although not always on the low end of that range!)
  • 06cindy
    06cindy Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I only log on light days. On other days I try to make sure I am eating lots of plant-based whole foods and I sometimes use Dr. Greger's Daily Dozen checklist for that.

So good to hear! Thanks! I'm not trying to lose much, just 5 vanity pounds or so.