May Challenge

Options
VeryKatie
VeryKatie Posts: 5,953 Member
edited May 2017 in Social Groups
Hi everyone!

The May spreadsheet is up and running now. You can sign up whenever. If you have anything you needed to add to the April sheet, just let me know and I'll put it in the records spreadsheet.

Let's see... my goals for this month...

1) Do laundry (baby clothes)
2) Pack hospital bag
3) Buy car seat and immediate needs for baby and for me
4) Make meals for after baby comes
5) Landscape backyard
6) Build/coordinate the building of the fence
7) Stop having stupid dreams about the things I'm worried about
8) Stay not stressed :(
9) Eat food
10) Maybe walk at least sometimes.

Don't really care about weight or exercise any more LOL. Today I'm officially the most I've ever weighed. Didn't mess with my head too much so that's good.

Replies

• Kirstie155
    Kirstie155 Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    5/1: 195.2
    Goal: 189

Katie, you have great goals. I love the don’t stress one! Relax girl, you are in the home stretch! You’ll soon have your baby in your arms ❤
    My goal for the month is pretty aggressive, but 189 was my goal for last month, and instead I gained 2 pounds. So, trying again to get to 189. Armed myself with plenty of low carb foods, logging my foods again, and prelogging when I am unsure about a particular food (29g of carbs in a 4oz gala apple?! For real?!...chose not to eat that today, haha!) Planning on eating lots of salads, eggs, chicken and cheese this month and lay off the indulgences. No candy of any kind that isn’t preplanned, and “better candy” like super dark chocolate and sugar free gum. No more starbursts! Do my physical therapy exercises and continue to reduce my pain.

So, in list form…May goals
    1. 189
    2. Eat low carb
    3. No candy!
    4. Do my PT exercises
  • SheilAnneSmith
    SheilAnneSmith Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    5/1: 265.7
    Goal: 253

Last week I lingered right around 263 last week so I don't think my almost 266 this morning is very accurate. I calculated my goals a few days ago based on the weight then, so it may not be quite as big of a goal as it appears but it's still going to be pretty aggressive.

I am banking on the weather being on my side this month, allowing me to get out not only get some good walks in, but also to give us a chance to start working on the garden and cleaning up the mess a long, nasty winter left behind.

Scale Goal:
    253 (250 by June 9)

Non-Scale Goals:
    4 or less days over my calorie goal (I had 12 days over goal in April...gah)
    10k Steps/day (I only hit 10k 9 times in April)

I am excited for better weather to be here and have summer just around the corner. This winter has been long and miserable. I'm so excited to get out and get stuff done.
  • 1fit_mamma
    1fit_mamma Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    @Kirstie155 I'm with you, April was not kind! Hopefully May will be the fresh start we need.

@VeryKatie so good to hear you aren't too worried about weight, I'm sure you are right where you need to be and most new mums would be the biggest they have ever been- you are supposed to put on quite a bit. Enjoy the last few months!!

@SheilAnneSmith so jealous of your weather, in Aus we are coming into winter- not excited. Get out there and enjoy!!

5/1: 204.4
    5/31: 199.4

I think I can lose 5, the only thing that will derail it would be a pregnancy, but I'm sure I can forgive myself for that ;) Just trying to talk myself out of it as it's so unlikely first month :neutral:
  • samlovesthesnow
    samlovesthesnow Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Loving the alternative goals this month!

May 1st 147
    Goal weight end of May 145

Other goals:
    Run the Bermuda Day half marathon (24th of May)
    Don't obsess over TTC this month (no tracking - trying to just "relax")
  • girlalmighty08
    girlalmighty08 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Weigh-ins:

May 1st: 197.2

Goal:

May 31st: 189.0
  • samlovesthesnow
    Options
    @VeryKatie it looks like some of the progress metrs are broken in the spreadsheet. Has something gone wrong in the background calculations? Can you fix it or should I move my data to a different column?
  • VeryKatie
    Options
    @samlovesthesnow All fixed, thanks for letting me know :)
  • krizaten33
    krizaten33 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    May 2. The scale said 175 .my April goal.
    It's a wildly busy month. So... I'd like to manage my stress. Exercise on 10 days . Skip the crap. Feel great for my 33rd birthday. And hit 173 would be lovely. But 174 would rock!
  • samlovesthesnow
    Options
    @VeryKatie Thank you!
    @krizaten33 great goals. Hope you enjoy your birthday when it comes around!
  • jennamae102
    jennamae102 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    May goals....somewhere between maintain and maybe gain a pound or 2? I'll be 14 weeks along at the end of the month, so if I gain a little thats probably fine. I'll check with my doctor next week to see what she advises.

Otherwise, I need to start exercising again. I dropped off the wagon with nausea and exhaustion. I went to the gym on Monday for the first time in a few weeks, and also bought a prenatal yoga DVD to hopefully get some good stretching in!
  • girlalmighty08
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Decided to make Thursdays my weigh-in day so I'm re-posting :) I also had a hunch that I was retaining a lot of water so I'm glad to see my results reflect that being flushed out.

Weigh-ins:

May 4th: 194.6

Goal:

• Kirstie155
    Options
    Nice drop!
  • samlovesthesnow
    Options
    May 1st 147
    May 5th 145

Goal weight end of May 145

Early check in as I'm going away for the next 10 days and won't have access to my scale. Weirdly, two pounds have disappeared in the last five days (must be water), so my challenge now is to keep it off until the end of the month.
    Spartan is over so all my training now is focused on the half marathon on the 24th.
    Good luck this month ladies - I feel like May is going to be a good one!
  • 1fit_mamma
    1fit_mamma Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    You're at goal already? That's amazing @samlovesthesnow!!! Maintaining the loss is great goal for the rest of the month, I'm sure all the training will help with that.
  • Kirstie155
    Options
    5/1: 195.2
    5/8: 194.5
    Goal: 189

So, in list form…May goals
    1. 189
    2. Eat low carb CHECK!
    3. No candy! CHECK!
    4. Do my PT exercises- CHECK!

Doing well so far! Hoping for a bigger drop next week :)
  • pezhed
    pezhed Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    Hello ladies, joining late because the past month at work has been pretty crazy. But I could use some accountability and I missed you all. Have been lightly lurking.

SW (5/7): 123.8
    CW: 124.5
    GW: 122

Not really trying to have any huge losses; have reset calories to maintenance and just want to be comfortably between 120-125 for the rest of forever. Maybe gain some muscle in the process. My non-scale goals are more important now as I have less than 6 weeks before the triathlon.
    - Eat a minimum of 80g of protein as often as possible
    - Swim 3x/week
    - Run 2-3x/week
    - Bike 3x/week
    - Lift 2x/week

I'm not sure how this is all going to fit in but I'm going to try.
  • Kirstie155
    Options
    We missed you too Pez! Those are some hefty fitness goals!! Good luck on your training :)
  • VeryKatie
    Options
    1fit_mamma wrote: »
    @Kirstie155 I'm with you, April was not kind! Hopefully May will be the fresh start we need.

@VeryKatie so good to hear you aren't too worried about weight, I'm sure you are right where you need to be and most new mums would be the biggest they have ever been- you are supposed to put on quite a bit. Enjoy the last few months!!

@SheilAnneSmith so jealous of your weather, in Aus we are coming into winter- not excited. Get out there and enjoy!!

5/1: 204.4
    5/31: 199.4

I think I can lose 5, the only thing that will derail it would be a pregnancy, but I'm sure I can forgive myself for that ;) Just trying to talk myself out of it as it's so unlikely first month :neutral:

heh heh heh I had to go back and read this lol.
  • girlalmighty08
    Options
    Ugh.. up a little this week but I know exactly why. Re-focused now though!

Weigh-ins:

May 4th: 194.6
    May 11th: 195.0

Goal:

• Kirstie155
    Options
    @girlalmighty08 goal buddies for the month! What kind of diet are you eating? Im doing low carb, so lots of salad with avocado and cheese-yum!

You've got this, you had such a great drop on the 4th so don't stress about the scale fluctuating a little bit :)
This discussion has been closed.