May Monthly Challenge

Options

Replies

• SmithsonianEmpress
    SmithsonianEmpress Posts: 1,163 Member
    Options
    Mjtckwnow wrote: »
    It appears the ladies, as a whole, in our group aren't joining in on our challenge this month. We have got to have at least around 50 or so of us. Oh well :|

There are 120+ in the group, 30+ weigh-in each week, & 10+ actively participate in challenges....but the good news is that this has been a fairly consistent stat since the beginning of the challenge and hasn't dropped down.

Yes this is GOOD NEWS! I need to stay on the positive train. Thanks for keeping me there.
  • SmithsonianEmpress
    Options
    I'm doing the challenge but only doing 30 day shred 3/week since I am limited on time and want to keep up with my running and other workouts. Yesterday I did 30 minutes on the treadmill followed by 1 minute max reps of:
    35lb Russian Kettlebell Swings
    18lb weighted squats
    12lb biceps curls
    25lb American Kettlebell Swings
    12lb med ball sit ups

I also did my Pilates DVD in the evening to work on flexibility

Today I did my "hump day *kitten* kicking workout". 3 circuits at 10 minutes/circuit getting in as many rounds and reps as possible (AMRAP)

Circuit #1
    10 Kettlebell swings
    10 jumping jacks
    10 curtsy lunges

Circuit #2
    10 med ball sit ups
    10 weighted glute bridges
    10 weightes Russian Twists

Circuit #3
    10 Kettlebell deadlifts
    10 high knees/butt kickers (alternated each round)
    10 walking lunges

Also planning on doing Pilates again tonight to loosen everything up for tomorrow. If it works I will do 30 Day Shred tomorrow otherwise it will be treadmill day to keep things loose.

This is AWESOME and INTENSE but it will bring you results. Keep at it. I decided this month to focus on eating, running, T25 and the 30DS. No more no less because otherwise I'd be all over the place. I think next month I'll some gruesome stuff like you.
  • SmithsonianEmpress
    Options
    Day 3 - Level 1 :+1:
  • dmiller4129
    dmiller4129 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Day 3 complete. Man I struggle with those push ups! My goal is to be able to do full push ups for both rounds by the end of level 1.
  • Mjtckwnow
    Mjtckwnow Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    Level 1 Day 3 is a rest day for me - see you back here tomorrow :)
  • dbackgrammy
    dbackgrammy Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    L1D3 shredded.
  • SmithsonianEmpress
    Options
    Day 3 complete. Man I struggle with those push ups! My goal is to be able to do full push ups for both rounds by the end of level 1.

When we did the first challenge after about a week I could do REAL pushups. But now, I am guessing since I haven't done them in a while so I am back to the modified "knee" version. I think I will try the real ones next week too.
  • dmiller4129
    Options

When we did the first challenge after about a week I could do REAL pushups. But now, I am guessing since I haven't done them in a while so I am back to the modified "knee" version. I think I will try the real ones next week too.

I can do the "real" push ups for about half of each of the 2 rounds and then I have to drop down to the knee version. It's still early, we can do it!
  • dbackgrammy
    Options

I can do the "real" push ups for about half of each of the 2 rounds and then I have to drop down to the knee version. It's still early, we can do it!

I have the upmost faith in you ladies, @SmithsonianEmpress and @dmiller4129 . You will kick the "real" pushups out of the park!!! For me, this grammy with stick with the "Grammy" pushups and be happy I can get off the ground with them....We can do this. No matter how we get there, we just need to keep moving forward. Keep up the good work ladies.
  • SmithsonianEmpress
    Options
    Day 4 : Level 1 - Complete :smiley: ... I was able to reach my toes today during the cool down ... YAY for baby NSVs!!!
  • TheCupcakeCounter
    TheCupcakeCounter Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    I am knee push-ups all the way. I have tendinitis in both elbows and push-ups and triceps dips get it real bad. Plus I'm 5'9" and pretty proportonate so that is a LONG way down for me :wink:
  • dbackgrammy
    Options
    Day 4 : Level 1 - Complete :smiley: ... I was able to reach my toes today during the cool down ... YAY for baby NSVs!!!

Good job, Jessica!!
  • dbackgrammy
    Options
    I am knee push-ups all the way. I have tendinitis in both elbows and push-ups and triceps dips get it real bad. Plus I'm 5'9" and pretty proportonate so that is a LONG way down for me :wink:

Barb....again, you and I together through this...I am 5'10 and I'm with you, a long way down...knee push ups for this lady.
  • dbackgrammy
    Options
    L1D4 shredded
  • Mjtckwnow
    Mjtckwnow Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    L1D4 shredded!
  • dmiller4129
    Options
    Day 4 complete!
  • TheCupcakeCounter
    TheCupcakeCounter Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    Did 30 day shred plus 1 mile run
  • SmithsonianEmpress
    Options
    Good morning folks; well its almost noon here. Anyway, I have completed Day 5. The cardio was a little better for me towards the end but those squats with the overhead press and the 5lb dumbbells are my achilles heal. UH!

Have a great weekend!
  • SmithsonianEmpress
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Did 30 day shred plus 1 mile run

I ran and THEN did my shred..UH the glute work was gruesome :s
  • hannahhooter
    hannahhooter Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Ok...Day 5 (my day one... I know I'm the worst :neutral: ) ✅

I plan on still moving into level 2 the same day as you guys. My hand weights just came in the mail today and I've not attempted to follow the DVD this week until today either. I've mostly stuck to being under my calorie goal and have tried to still get some exercise in everyday, but I predict very little or no loss this week. My head just hasn't been in it the way it had been before.
This discussion has been closed.