Lchf macros help please

Options
jennjensp25
jennjensp25 Posts: 29 Member
Hi can anyone help me find my macros ratio please. I've used many sites but they all seem to contridict each other. I'm 89.7kg ,5 ft 5 inch, sedentry to light exercise (I do 100 kettlebell swings a day over 5 sets @ 10kg weight & walk between 2-7 mile a day depending on work )
My average calorie consumption is 800 at a push, MFP is set to 1200 & for first time I'm just short of it.... I have an anorexic mind from previous anorexia years ago so have to push to eat otherwise I'd happily go without. Info and advice greatly appreciated. I've so far in 2 months gone from 98kg to 89.7 so I'm chuffed at that.
I've tried all diets over last few years and this is mst effective so far. I need my macros to get me on track properly.

Replies

• DietPrada
    DietPrada Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    1200 is very aggressive. I put your stats into Ruled Me keto calculator and I get

Based on your inputs, we suggest you eat: 1409 calories. From those, 95g fats, 20g net carbs, and 118g protein - and that's at a 30% deficit which is high

If you HAVE to eat 1200 then just set MFP to 1200 and then go into goals and set your percentages to 5% carbs, 25% protein and 70% fat.

I would suggest you try and eat more though, aggressive weight loss is very hard to sustain and you'll end up with other health issues - not to mention the danger of gaining it all back. It's not hard to up your calories a bit with some butter on your veges, or a spoonful of peanut butter or a handful of almonds (weighed and tracked of course).

Try and aim for 0.5 to 1kg loss a week (normal sustainable weightloss) and be kind to yourself. Maybe try and work on your food relationship a little.
  • jennjensp25
    Options
    Hi. Thank you for your reply. MFP set the 1200 calories not me but it's more realistic to reach that than 1400+. Currently my macros are set to 30g carbs 10% (but I eat under this) 63g protien 20% and 93g fat 70%..... for some strange reason that's closest I can get but it does do it in percentages so I'll alter them. Thank you. Any advice on this woe which coukd help me? Thanks
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    Options
    That's not much protein. Especially with your exercise.
    I'm 5'4" and 64.4kg and eat about 100g protein even without factoring in exercise.

Try this calculator
    https://ketogains.com/ketogains-calculator/

I ran your info with estimated bodyfat based on nothing really, but I got these macros

r8bd1u9xjqgf.png
  • jennjensp25
    Options
    Thanks sunny_bunny. I appreciate that thank you. I'm really struggling with getting the fat up, today I've got 45% fat and 46% protien. Any ideas on how I can up this. Any advice will be greatly appreciated
  • jennjensp25
    Options
    Also quick question. MFP keeps telling me I can't complete food diary cause I haven't eaten enough, I have but it knocks off calories burnt that are synced from my samsung gear so I have like an extra 400+ calories to re-eat??? Am I to eat these of just ignore it all.
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    If you are at a calorie deficit as set, you should eat back at least part of your exercise calories, closer to all of them if it's based on an HRM. What might be easier is to manipulate and not leave a deficit within your daily calories, and let your activity create your deficit... Just don't double dip and create double deficit...if that makes sense.
  • genmon00
    genmon00 Posts: 604 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Thanks sunny_bunny. I appreciate that thank you. I'm really struggling with getting the fat up, today I've got 45% fat and 46% protien. Any ideas on how I can up this. Any advice will be greatly appreciated

hi and welcome!

I always remember this when it comes to eating macros, CARBS are HARD LIMIT, Always aim to MEET PROTEIN and fat to SATIETY. In other words, it's not the HF in LCHF that makes you lose weight but rather the LC (low carb). The fat keeps you feeling constantly hungry or deprived. If you have some stored fat on you already, the body can readily use that so you don't have to meet any kind of fat goal. Good luck and like Ebony mentioned earlier, talk to someone if you feel that you become too restrictive with food.
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Options
    genmon00 wrote: »

hi and welcome!

I always remember this when it comes to eating macros, CARBS are HARD LIMIT, Always aim to MEET PROTEIN and fat to SATIETY. In other words, it's not the HF in LCHF that makes you lose weight but rather the LC (low carb). The fat keeps you feeling constantly hungry or deprived. If you have some stored fat on you already, the body can readily use that so you don't have to meet any kind of fat goal. Good luck and like Ebony mentioned earlier, talk to someone if you feel that you become too restrictive with food.

I agree with this.
    If you're feeling satisfied with the amount you're eating, there's no need to add more fat just because some macro thingy said to. Hit the protein. That's the important one. Keep at it. Slow your carb limit. Just use added fats for cooking and on food like mayo, sour cream and such in normal amounts. No need to pile on the fat. Eating fat is NOT what makes it work. It just helps you feel satisfied so that you can go a long stretch between meals.
    If you are meeting the protein needs and staying under carbs and you find yourself feeling truly hungry between meals, then maybe think about if that previous meal had enough fat. Assuming it had enough protein... then next time you eat that meal, have a little larger piece of meat or add a little more butter or sour cream or salad dressing or whatever applies.

I hope that makes sense.

Most of all, don't stress the details too much. What you want to achieve overall is being more satisfied with less food so that you are able to lose fat without having to feel hungry all the time.
    If you can do that, while not skimping on nutrition, you're doing awesome!
  • AlexandraCarlyle
    AlexandraCarlyle Posts: 1,603 Member
    Options
    Also quick question. MFP keeps telling me I can't complete food diary cause I haven't eaten enough, I have but it knocks off calories burnt that are synced from my samsung gear so I have like an extra 400+ calories to re-eat??? Am I to eat these of just ignore it all.

If you know that what you're doing, works - don't 'complete' the diary. MFP sees things from its own perspective, not yours.
    I used to complete my diary. I don't any more, because I know that what I am doing works. So "kitten" you. MFP!! :D
  • AlexandraCarlyle
    AlexandraCarlyle Posts: 1,603 Member
    Options
    @Sunny_Bunny_ , I wish there was a way to amalgamate all your insightful and wise posts into one thread for constant comfort, perusal and reminder of how great your words of counsel, are.

And thanks to @genmon00 for her reminder too... Jeesh, you'd think I'd have it, by now!
  • jennjensp25
    Options
    Thank you guys I really appreciate your comments. There's no chance in this lifetime I could even eat a quarter of my burnt off calories I really do struggle to get to 900 calories and have push myself. As previously mentioned I was anorexic over 16 years ago and my mind still there although my body isn't far from it. I've gone from one end of the scale to the other. I've explained all this to my GP but no help or referal. Waste of time.
    I live off snacks of pork rinds (pork scratchings in uk lol) less than half a carb per bag high in protien and fat, I have my protein diet whey for breakfast and lunch and meal at evening apart from that I eat meat, broccoli and coliflour for veg, use mayo butter etc.... I don't eat rice bread pasta etc and use hwc and sweetner ..... I have 45% body fat (so doctor says) so I have plenty of fat for my body to use lol enough to hibernate through winter lol...... I have 3 stone to lose to get to 12 stone... at 12 stone I was in a size 10-12 (uk size) jeans and I'd be happy at that. I just seem to struggle with losing weight and I just think alot of the time just don't eat go back to my old ways I'll soon lose it... feeling down. Sorry guys
  • genmon00
    edited May 2017
    Options
    @Sunny_Bunny_ , I wish there was a way to amalgamate all your insightful and wise posts into one thread for constant comfort, perusal and reminder of how great your words of counsel, are.

And thanks to @genmon00 for her reminder too... Jeesh, you'd think I'd have it, by now!

Thanks! And YAS, i agree, we need a @Sunny_Bunny_ advice thread! She's the best! :)
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Options
    You gals are too sweet. Starting my day with a big smile now! ;)
    I'll only take credit for being one tiny cog in this great thing we have here in the LCD forum. It's where I've learned mostly every opinion I share and still learn from every day.
    Thanks for brightening my day! You all super awesome too!
  • genmon00
    Options
    @jennjensp25 No need to be sorry! You are not alone in your food struggles here, there are many wonderful and supportive people in this community who are on the same journey..i think you're incredibly brave for sharing your struggle and we are here to help you :) you can do this!
  • anniemcfanni
    anniemcfanni Posts: 11 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    I calculate you should be 120gm protein, 75 fat , 20 carbs. It should only be based on your height, no other factors come into play. eg. calories/exercise

There are a few good groups on Facebook if you're interested.
  • Dragonwolf
    Dragonwolf Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    Thank you guys I really appreciate your comments. There's no chance in this lifetime I could even eat a quarter of my burnt off calories I really do struggle to get to 900 calories and have push myself. As previously mentioned I was anorexic over 16 years ago and my mind still there although my body isn't far from it. I've gone from one end of the scale to the other. I've explained all this to my GP but no help or referal. Waste of time.
    I live off snacks of pork rinds (pork scratchings in uk lol) less than half a carb per bag high in protien and fat, I have my protein diet whey for breakfast and lunch and meal at evening apart from that I eat meat, broccoli and coliflour for veg, use mayo butter etc.... I don't eat rice bread pasta etc and use hwc and sweetner ..... I have 45% body fat (so doctor says) so I have plenty of fat for my body to use lol enough to hibernate through winter lol...... I have 3 stone to lose to get to 12 stone... at 12 stone I was in a size 10-12 (uk size) jeans and I'd be happy at that. I just seem to struggle with losing weight and I just think alot of the time just don't eat go back to my old ways I'll soon lose it... feeling down. Sorry guys

If you're doing a shake in the morning, an easy way to add calories is to:

A. Use whole milk or half and half instead of water
    B. Add peanut butter (or whatever nut butter you prefer)

Both of these will substantially increase the calorie count. You'll get some extra carbs, though if it's too much, you can do half cream and half water.

A warm drink for breakfast (or at least one that starts hot) would open up a bunch of options for adding straight fat.

If you do coffee, for example, you can do a sort of bulletproof mocha, with cocoa butter, coconut oil, and gelatin. If you want it iced, it is possible to ice it down as long as you've blended it well.
  • RalfLott
    RalfLott Posts: 5,036 Member
    Options
    I calculate you should be 120gm protein, 75 fat , 20 carbs. It should only be based on your height, no other factors come into play. eg. calories/exercise

There are a few good groups on Facebook if you're interested.

Yes, please!