May Monthly Challenge

Options

Replies

• TheCupcakeCounter
    TheCupcakeCounter Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    Good morning folks; well its almost noon here. Anyway, I have completed Day 5. The cardio was a little better for me towards the end but those squats with the overhead press and the 5lb dumbbells are my achilles heal. UH!

Have a great weekend!

I'm in the same boat so here is my little work around - drop one of the dumbbells and hold the other sideways with an end in each hand for the press. You will still get some benefit without breaking form.

And don't talk to me about glute work until you do my hump day workout ;)
  • dbackgrammy
    dbackgrammy Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    @SmithsonianEmpress , @TheCupcakeCounter ; @hannahhooter ; you ladies make me laugh. You are working so hard and are an inspiration...yes, you too Hannah, even though you are late to the party. I thought today would be a slow workout day for me...but God had other plans. Drove 6.5 hrs to an Ironman competition (spectator & sherpa) but my vehicle had problems and I had all the bikes and equipment. Made it fine, but the had to walk from the mechanic to my hotel with the medical bags which weigh about 20 lbs each....UPHILL. So i definitely got some upper body workouts today as well as the walking I figured on. Still hoping to do Jillian tonight after everyone beds down for their race tomorrow. You girls are my inspiration and keep me going this weekend. Keep up the good work.
  • hannahhooter
    hannahhooter Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    @dbackgrammy
    You rock! Thank you for your support and inspiration. Sounds like a rough, but hopefully worthwhile weekend for you.
  • SmithsonianEmpress
    SmithsonianEmpress Posts: 1,163 Member
    Options
    Good morning folks; well its almost noon here. Anyway, I have completed Day 5. The cardio was a little better for me towards the end but those squats with the overhead press and the 5lb dumbbells are my achilles heal. UH!

Have a great weekend!

I'm in the same boat so here is my little work around - drop one of the dumbbells and hold the other sideways with an end in each hand for the press. You will still get some benefit without breaking form.

And don't talk to me about glute work until you do my hump day workout ;)

Great suggestion for modification! LOL! I will hit that hump day workout the first Wednesday in June..hold me to it.
  • SmithsonianEmpress
    Options
    @SmithsonianEmpress , @TheCupcakeCounter ; @hannahhooter ; you ladies make me laugh. You are working so hard and are an inspiration...yes, you too Hannah, even though you are late to the party. I thought today would be a slow workout day for me...but God had other plans. Drove 6.5 hrs to an Ironman competition (spectator & sherpa) but my vehicle had problems and I had all the bikes and equipment. Made it fine, but the had to walk from the mechanic to my hotel with the medical bags which weigh about 20 lbs each....UPHILL. So i definitely got some upper body workouts today as well as the walking I figured on. Still hoping to do Jillian tonight after everyone beds down for their race tomorrow. You girls are my inspiration and keep me going this weekend. Keep up the good work.

awwwwh sorry you had a rough start....on a positive note, way to get a workout in :)
  • Mjtckwnow
    Mjtckwnow Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    L1D5 is a rest day for me, I'm planning on shredding 5 days a week.

I'm currently glued to my computer watching the Nike Breaking 2 live stream....they are trying to break the 2 hr marathon time. If you are looking for inspiration for the amazing things the human body can do...tune in and watch :)

I'm feeling motivated! There are always barriers to break through, you just have to believe and put in the work :smile:
  • dbackgrammy
    dbackgrammy Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Mjtckwnow wrote: »
    L1D5 is a rest day for me, I'm planning on shredding 5 days a week.

I'm currently glued to my computer watching the Nike Breaking 2 live stream....they are trying to break the 2 hr marathon time. If you are looking for inspiration for the amazing things the human body can do...tune in and watch :)

I'm feeling motivated! There are always barriers to break through, you just have to believe and put in the work :smile:

Day 6 is going to be a rest day for me. I got one in last night but just don't have the energy today. My daughter was talking about the Nike marathon today. You want inspiring, watch 1500 men and women complete an Ironman competition. That's what I was doing today. My kids rock I have three Ironmen (actually one Ironman and two Ironwomen). 2+ mile swim, 112 miles on the bike and 26.2 mile run....now that's inspiring. Everyone have a great day. For me it's shower time and some rest. Cheering and being a sherpa for these athletes is hard work...lol
  • Mjtckwnow
    Options
    L1D6 shredded!
  • TheCupcakeCounter
    Options
    I ran 3.1 miles and then hauled mulch for 2 hours. 21,417 steps for the day. There was no shredding today. Definitely had cardio, squats, and some weight lifting since I had to then take the full wheelbarrow to the mulch be.
  • SmithsonianEmpress
    Options
    Day 6 complete. Today wasnt that bad. Tomorrow is rest day. Yay! :)
  • hannahhooter
    Options
    Day 6 ✅ last night.
  • trinitymwilson
    trinitymwilson Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    @dbackgrammy you rock and your kids are luck to have you as their mom to support them in such a physical way :)
  • Mjtckwnow
    Options
    L1D7 completed

At the end of the 1st week of 30 Day Shred, I definitely feel stronger doing the workouts and after having done this workout before, I know I feel stronger attempting it this time than in the past - so the past 2 monthly challenges have for sure accomplished something!

Tonight, my husband said...you may not be happy with the scale or how you look but you look strong. There is definition in your legs that wasn't there before.

That's a win!
  • SmithsonianEmpress
    Options
    Mjtckwnow wrote: »
    L1D7 completed

At the end of the 1st week of 30 Day Shred, I definitely feel stronger doing the workouts and after having done this workout before, I know I feel stronger attempting it this time than in the past - so the past 2 monthly challenges have for sure accomplished something!

Tonight, my husband said...you may not be happy with the scale or how you look but you look strong. There is definition in your legs that wasn't there before.

That's a win!

Yes strength is a win. I have a feeling I won't be losing and pounds on this challenge but maybe I'll set myself up for serious lifting for future months. We all are doing awesome!
  • TheCupcakeCounter
    Options
    30 day shred completed Sunday and Monday followed by 2 mile walks
  • hannahhooter
    Options
    L1D8 ✅ (technically my day 4)

Getting ready to go on a 6 mile hike with some friends! So glad it stopped raining here. It's so much easier for me to get out and be active when the sun is shining!
  • SmithsonianEmpress
    Options
    Day 8 complete for me
  • Mjtckwnow
    Options
    L1D8 completed!
  • TheCupcakeCounter
    Options
    L1 completed 5/9/17
    Hubby joined me this morning...he needed a rest before the end of the first cardio circuit AND he dropped the itty bitty 2 1/2 lbs weights he was using on the second set of squats. Because of a back injury I can't do any overhead movements without a support so I haven't been doing the overhead presses with the squats but have used my 18lb body bar on my shoulders for a weighted back squat. He tried using that and couldn't do it at all!!!!

I feel like such a bad-*kitten* this morning!
  • SmithsonianEmpress
    Options
    L1 completed 5/9/17
    Hubby joined me this morning...he needed a rest before the end of the first cardio circuit AND he dropped the itty bitty 2 1/2 lbs weights he was using on the second set of squats. Because of a back injury I can't do any overhead movements without a support so I haven't been doing the overhead presses with the squats but have used my 18lb body bar on my shoulders for a weighted back squat. He tried using that and couldn't do it at all!!!!

I feel like such a bad-*kitten* this morning!

Lol! Too funny. Haha. Nice, body weight. That's AWESOME!
This discussion has been closed.