Breakfast Ideas please

Replies

• Mommahaley1216
    Mommahaley1216 Posts: 2 Member
    I eat 2 cups of sauteed kale (small amount of veg oil, salt, pepper and garlic powder)
    2 sunny side up eggs and 1 slice of whole grain toast!
  • JLL8119
    JLL8119 Posts: 2 Member
    I make a batch of breakfast sandwiches every week. I make a mix of egg white, chopped onion, peppers, asparagus, pretty much any vegetables that I have on hand. Then I press 1/2 oz turkey sausage or bacon in the bottom of a muffin tin; then pour the egg mixture on top. I bake it in the oven for about 18 minutes at 350 degrees. I take the egg patties and put them on Thomas Light Multi Grain English Muffin with 1/4 slice of American cheese and I have breakfast for 6 days. Just zap them in the microwave (wrapped in a napkin) for 42 secs.
  • Benelum
    Benelum Posts: 2 Member
    A couple of ideas. #1 When frying Bacon. Cover with water in skillet and bring to a boil. Boil until all water is gone, turn down heat & fry bacon slightly. Will not become dried and over done. Drain on paper towel as there will be more grease this way.#2 As for my breakfast below 300 calories and has protein and fiber. I usually fry 2 eggs & make a cup of Oatmeal. I think the eggs and oatmeal go good together.
  • Ksm7767
    Ksm7767 Posts: 19 Member
    Overnight oats! You can flavor them however you want but I just do oats, almond milk, and peanut butter.
  • marinaalexandreas
    marinaalexandreas Posts: 1 Member
    protein pancakes - help get a good amount of protein in in the morning so that you don't have to worry about it as much throughout the day (really good with some blueberries etc)
  • happypotato
    happypotato Posts: 1 Member
    Since I am very lazy when it comes to food, this is what I usually do:

2 Weetabix "bars"
    frozen raspberries
    unsweetened cereals
    oat milk
    sometimes I add some honey

It is very filling and I find it delicious :)
  • Leannep2201
    Leannep2201 Posts: 441 Member
    JLL8119 wrote: »
    I make a batch of breakfast sandwiches every week. I make a mix of egg white, chopped onion, peppers, asparagus, pretty much any vegetables that I have on hand. Then I press 1/2 oz turkey sausage or bacon in the bottom of a muffin tin; then pour the egg mixture on top. I bake it in the oven for about 18 minutes at 350 degrees. I take the egg patties and put them on Thomas Light Multi Grain English Muffin with 1/4 slice of American cheese and I have breakfast for 6 days. Just zap them in the microwave (wrapped in a napkin) for 42 secs.

I do something similar! I use two pieces of toast instead though, and cook an egg in the microwave. I also add a piece of low fat deli-sliced ham and a processed cheese slice, chuck it all together, and viola- a breakfast sandwich! I don't eat a lot of bread during the day, so feel ok with the two pieces of toast for breakfast. And I find it very filling!
  • paigele
    paigele Posts: 123 Member
    Try this "sauce" on your food any time (including breakfast) I c whole milk greek yogurt with 1 tsp turmeric powder. YUMMY
  • luvluv1234
    luvluv1234 Posts: 79 Member
    I spread four tablespoons of hummus on a bowl or plate. I chop up a whole tomato and add that on top. Then i top with Grillmates smokehouse maple spice. 180 calories and surprisingly filling!
    Or I have four pieces turkey sausage cut up really small and mixed in with a scrambled egg for 270 calories. :)
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,030 Member
    edited May 2017
    Since I am very lazy when it comes to food, this is what I usually do:

2 Weetabix "bars"
    frozen raspberries
    unsweetened cereals
    oat milk
    sometimes I add some honey

It is very filling and I find it delicious :)

@happypotato
    I'm not familiar with 'oat milk'

Edit: So I Googled it just now... http://ohsheglows.com/2013/01/10/homemade-oat-milk-easy-fast-cheap/ Sounds wonderful, I can see the benefits for those that can't or choose not to drink regular milk.

I'm glad I saw your post so I could learn about this! :smiley:
  • caitlynnosborne
    caitlynnosborne Posts: 4 Member
    I alternate between these few!

Whole grain english muffin
    PB2
    Banana sliced on top

Greek yogurt
    Mixed berries on top

Oatmeal with cinnamon mixed in
    Banana sliced
    Spoonful of regular peanut butter
  • devash1762
    devash1762 Posts: 34 Member
    1 cup of Cheerios, 3/4 cup 1% LF milk. Breakfast is at work so I eat this around 9:30. I also found using fiber powder in my foods, keeps me fuller longer. I put 2 tsps in my coffee. It has no flavor, no gooey or thick. I wish I had the patience to make scrambled eggs in the morning, I know it is a snap, I just don't want to dirty pans first thing in the amen.
  • simppl
    simppl Posts: 6 Member
    here's a possibility: 1 slice food for life Ezekiel 4:9 bread or 1/2 of their English muffin toasted, 1 tbsp. cream cheese (regular bar, no low fat, no whipped etc.) topped with slice of fresh tomato or fruit such, as strawberries sliced or 2-3 slices fresh peaches. I love barry's bakery French twists and if my carb limit allows might include 2 of these.
  • raleighgirl09
    raleighgirl09 Posts: 686 Member
    Bowl of fruit with greek yogurt on top

2 sunny side eggs with a sliced orange on the side

1 piece of toast with avocado, sliced tomato and a sunny side egg on top

1 piece of toast with almond butter, a sliced banana on top and a drizzle of honey or coconut flakes on top of that

A quest bar if I'm in a rush

Banana pankcakes (1 mashed banana, 3 tablespoons of oats, and an egg. Mix in bowl and cook like pancakes)

Also like Qia oatmeal with berries or a banana on top and some nuts or seeds so its not too bland

Smoothie!! (frozen berries, banana, spinach and protein powder is my go-to)

Small steak and eggs with a side of cottage cheese

(sorry some of them have sugar from fruit but I thought I'd throw them in their anyways)

AWESOME - thanks!!!!!!!
  • raleighgirl09
    raleighgirl09 Posts: 686 Member
    JLL8119 wrote: »

Pure. Genius.
  • BookableOne
    BookableOne Posts: 2 Member
    edited June 2017
    I have been having overnight oats too, slightly different to the other recipes on here though. I just layer yogurt (I like to use Skyr for low fat, high protein yogurt), frozen berries and then oats, and then just repeat that for as many or as few layers as you like.

I usually end up with about 50g oats, 80g berries, 150-200g yoghurt (3 layers of yogurt, 3 layers berries, 2 layers oats in between). Leave overnight in the fridge and then mix up just before eating. Lovely cold, especially in the summer, and very tasty and versatile!
  • sebabdh
    sebabdh Posts: 1 Member
    edited July 2017
    Evita casi todos los carbohidratos y alimentate de grasas
    No yogurth, deberia ser natural o directamente del animal
    No pan/ menos pan de molde que es peor
    ningún producto que te diga sin azúcar,
    por que tiene aun mas pero en otras versiones.
    No avena, NO granos, por que así engordan al ganado.

yo desayuno unos 4-6 huevos en la mañana y salame o tocino, queso frutos secos ( no maní ya que es un carbohidrato) EL CUERPO NO NECESITA CARBOHIDRATOS si tienes una alimentacion a base de grasas.

e intenta de dejar el carbohidrato(azucar) y veras los cambios
  • BeTheBestMeEver
    BeTheBestMeEver Posts: 25 Member
    Zucchini fritters or zucchini pancakes...
    Yesterday My Sister Made these... They Tasted Yummy . We don't like Onions or Scallions so we didn't add those. ctrbcnlh1sow.jpg

Ingredients

Produce

1 1/2 oz Onion or two medium scallions

Refrigerated

2 Eggs, large

Baking & Spices

1/2 tsp Baking powder
    1/2 cup Honeyville almond flour
    1 1/2 tsp Lemon pepper
    1/4 cup Oat fiber 500 or bob's red mill gf baking mix or more almond flour or coconut flour
    1 tsp Salt

Oils & Vinegars

1 Oil

Dairy

1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, grated

Other

1 pound zucchini or Summer squash or both ((450 g))

• timtripp63
    timtripp63 Posts: 1 Member
    I've been having the same simple breakfast for years, and have yet to tire of it. A cup or so of berries (I use frozen for convenience and microwave them for a bit to thaw them). 1/4 cup of flax seeds, ground, and almond milk (I make my own).
    I've recently started working with a trainer, who wanted me to increase my protein intake, so I just started adding a scoop of vanilla protein powder.
  • crgaines
    crgaines Posts: 6 Member
    Try the sweet potato home fries and eggs recipe from Cooking light. I only eat half of the sweet potatoes and use egg beaters. It is very filling. You can throw in a piece of center cut bacon and still be around 300 calories.