Small Scale Victory

Options
Goddess0921
Goddess0921 Posts: 91 Member
I've entered into the world of the 180's...

I know for many this is nothing....too fat, still a world away from where they are, a goal they've long ago reached....but for me, this is truly something. I haven't been in the 180's for almost ten years, since I got pregnant with my youngest son.

I almost cried while standing on the scale this morning.

I still have quite a ways to go, but I wanted to share with someone(s) (<--you know what I mean LOL) who I felt would understand my emotions. :)<3

Replies

• Violet_Flux
    Violet_Flux Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    That's wonderful, congratulations!
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    Fantastic work you are doing!!!
  • baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,958 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!!!!!!
  • kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! I know how good that must feel. I'm not one who has had a lifetime of being of overweight but when I finally made my mind up to lose the excess I specifically remember saying to myself "Wow, I haven't seen this number on the scale since..." The 180s for me was a big one because I had spent so much time in the 190s while gaining...trying to keep it under 200 (which didn't happen). I was so thrilled when losing to get out of the 190s. I hadn't seen the 180s since "Jim's surprise 60th birthday party in 2006". I ran to find a picture to see how I looked and it was way better than at 203 pounds. And it felt Good! Kudos!
  • kimmydear
    kimmydear Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    That's wonderful! Yes I know what you're talking about. It's those "little scale victories" that keep us going huh?
  • LizinLowell
    LizinLowell Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    I totally understand this feeling! Congratulations! Can't wait to get there myself as I've been bouncing around 199/200 for over a week now and am so eager to get down there where you are. How long did it take you between 200 and 189?
  • Liadin123
    Liadin123 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I would be doing the dance of joy to be in the 180's. :) Congrats!
  • bametels
    bametels Posts: 950 Member
    Options
    Congrats, so happy for you!
  • Alaplum
    Alaplum Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Congrats and enjoy it! :)
  • Goddess0921
    Options
    Thank you SO much, everyone!! <3<3

sixaround1 wrote: »
    I totally understand this feeling! Congratulations! Can't wait to get there myself as I've been bouncing around 199/200 for over a week now and am so eager to get down there where you are. How long did it take you between 200 and 189?

It took about three weeks or so, unfortunately. I hit one hell of a plateau around 195 and got stuck there for over a week and the scale never moved at all. It sucked. But, once it started moving again, it kept moving!

• LizinLowell
    LizinLowell Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    @Goddess0921 That sounds really fast to me!! Great work sticking with it! I'm hoping for similar results :smile:
  • AlexandraCarlyle
    AlexandraCarlyle Posts: 1,603 Member
    Options
    This is an amazing and stupendous achievement for you and I thoroughly applaud and celebrate your win. Good for you. And I mean that literally. It honestly is so good for you, physically, emotionally and for your general morale.
    You're amazing, and sticking with it will be so much easier for you, now you've reached this milestone.
  • Goddess0921
    Options
    This is an amazing and stupendous achievement for you and I thoroughly applaud and celebrate your win. Good for you. And I mean that literally. It honestly is so good for you, physically, emotionally and for your general morale.
    You're amazing, and sticking with it will be so much easier for you, now you've reached this milestone.

Thank you! You're absolutely right...the more I've lost, the easier it is to keep going! :)