Introducing Myself!

Options
somora120
somora120 Posts: 20 Member
Hi everyone! I joined MFP today, after switching from SP. I've been doing low carb low cal, and adjusted my macros for keto. I've been in Keto for about 3 days now and loving life! I haven't had this much energy in years, and have dropped about 8 pounds in water weight.

I miss carbs, but I don't miss what they do to me, and I think I'm going to embrace Keto as a lifestyle, as opposed to viewing it as a 'diet'. I picked up some pork rinds to crumble and use as a coating for parmesan crusted tilapia fillets tonight, and I'm excited to try it out!

Let the low fatters be jelly!

KCKO,
Somora

Replies

• bametels
    bametels Posts: 950 Member
    Options
    Welcome. Congrats on the weight loss, and I'm glad you are findings this WOE to be a good fit for you!
  • elize7
    elize7 Posts: 1,088 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you're on a roll! Me, too!
  • somora120
    Options
    Thanks! My chicharrones crusted tilapia was absolutely delicious! Finding ways to adapt recipes to be more ketogenic is half the fun, I think.
  • epona_mus
    epona_mus Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I picked up some chicharrones this week too... the Mission hot are my favorites. A handful are perfect when I am craving something crunchy and salty!
  • somora120
    Options
    They really are a great keto snack, aren't they?! I'd really like to check out some of the popcorn flavoring powders and see if any are low/no carb. But, lime and chili powder on chicharrones is really good too!
  • XavierNusum
    XavierNusum Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    Welcome Somora!