Guac pairing and intro

Options
2»

Replies

• Cheesy567
    Cheesy567 Posts: 1,186 Member
    Options
    Sliced veggies are a great carrier for all kinds of dips.

Guac makes a good omelette topping, too. I'll mix it with chicken (or shredded beef) for a chicken salad (eat with a fork, no bun/ wrap/ sandwich substitute needed). Mixes well with tuna, also.

Guac with a spoon is good too ;)
  • SpicyBaconCake
    SpicyBaconCake Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    @Rycbar_123 , fats are not bad for the heart..... that's total hogwash, as far as I understand it.

I am starting to get that now. I'm starting to feel like I'll be able to defend my new eating habits if I have to. And it all just makes sense! Like, duh! Lol, I dropped my carbs down to 50g, cause that also makes sense, and I've been feeling fine at 100g.
    I maybe able to get a tester/strips Monday. And meat! I need an awesome meat sale. Like, now~
  • SpicyBaconCake
    Options
    I had my lunch today with a pile of guac. Dipped chicken slices, cucumbers, and bacon. All worked great. Thanks for all the ideas. My hubby needs to get off the computer so I can start printing some recipes. Before I find the meat sale B)
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Rycbar_123 wrote: »
    Wow, so many things I just hadn't even thought to dip with. And red pepper strips sound perfect. I got rinds last night, they do not smell good lol. But I think I can handle the taste.

Here's a tip I will pass on from another poster ages ago... " It was about toasting/heating the rinds at 400F for a few minutes to get rid of the pork-ie flavour. I haven't tried it yet but pork rinds are expensive here where I live - a cheap grocery store bag is 2.50. And I can easily eat the whole bag in one sitting.... not that I should, mind you."

I also generally pair guac with a spoon but also have been known to use zucchini or cuke coins, red/orange/yellow pepper strips, celery, and love it as stuffing in an omelette with lots of black and green olives.
  • TX_Bluebonnet
    TX_Bluebonnet Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    canadjineh wrote: »

Here's a tip I will pass on from another poster ages ago... " It was about toasting/heating the rinds at 400F for a few minutes to get rid of the pork-ie flavour. I haven't tried it yet but pork rinds are expensive here where I live - a cheap grocery store bag is 2.50. And I can easily eat the whole bag in one sitting.... not that I should, mind you."

First time I heard this tip, thanks for sharing. For a snack today I had some pork rinds and guac. The pork rinds taste was kind of off-putting to me, so I might give this a try.
  • Just_Eric
    Just_Eric Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Spoon.
    I thought this was a perfect answer...
    Costco has Whisps, which are cheese crackers that are just cheese, easier than making them
    ...and then I saw this answer! ZOMG!

• mandycat223
    mandycat223 Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    Costco has Whisps, which are cheese crackers that are just cheese, easier than making them
    ...and then I saw this answer! ZOMG!

[/quote]

I bought these at Costco. Good, but to my mind outrageously expensive for something that can be made at home without much effort. But then I've been doodling around in the kitchen for longer than some of you have been alive.
  • AlexandraCarlyle
    AlexandraCarlyle Posts: 1,603 Member
    Options
    I bought these at Costco. Good, but to my mind outrageously expensive for something that can be made at home without much effort. But then I've been doodling around in the kitchen for longer than some of you have been alive.

I'll drink to your long life and prosperity, and join you at that oldies table.... ;)

• Just_Eric
    Options
    Is it just as simple as sheet pan+parchment/silpat+cheese?
  • slimzandra
    slimzandra Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    I roll up guac in deli meat and cheese for lunch. A little messy, but keeps me all afternoon.
  • SpicyBaconCake
    Options
    Just_Eric wrote: »

What is silpat?
    I saw a recipe with just cheese and one with egg and cheese, both on Pinterest.
  • ccrdragon
    ccrdragon Posts: 3,365 Member
    Options
    silpat is a silicon mat that you can use in place of parchment paper
  • SpicyBaconCake
    Options
    Learn something new every day :smiley:
  • kimberwolf71
    kimberwolf71 Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    Celery is my favorite carrier of cream cheese, guac, parmesan & artichoke dip and almond butter. Halved & deseeded mini english cucumbers work great for some of them too. Guac is a necessity on anything with taco meat and a great way to make salads a bit more substantial and filling. Delicious folded inside an omelette too.
  • auntstephie321
    auntstephie321 Posts: 3,586 Member
    Options
    yes it is. or you can microwave on some parchment too. I've seen some people do them in the bottoms of mini muffin pans in the oven, greased of course unless you have silicone ones, then they come out in little circles just like the ones you can buy for a million dollars at starbucks.
  • Just_Eric
    Options
    Neat!

Thanks, Stephie.
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    Options
    yes it is. or you can microwave on some parchment too. I've seen some people do them in the bottoms of mini muffin pans in the oven, greased of course unless you have silicone ones, then they come out in little circles just like the ones you can buy for a million dollars at starbucks.

A million dollars for sure!
  • Just_Eric
    Options
    It's no wonder I don't go to Starbucks. Well, that and the fact that I don't drink coffee.
  • baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,955 Member
    Options

Great idea. I never even thought of using the mini muffin tin. I'm such a myopic dummy sometimes.