HELP!

Options
boogieavery
boogieavery Posts: 25 Member
I'm breastfeeding and trying to keep my net carb count at or below 42. But seems like I can't hit this goal! It seems like i blow through most of them by breakfast, lunch and morning snack. Please Help! I'm so Hungry... :neutral:

Replies

• SpicyBaconCake
    SpicyBaconCake Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Hey there, I can't see your diary, I'm on mobile.
    I will say I had to ditch my morning glass of milk for it's 14g. I was using a low carb bread or wrap for lunch, now I'm making pinwheels or wrapping in lettuce. Apparently the more fat you have, the less hungry. My breakfast is eggs and bacon or sausage. After shopping today I'll be adding cream cheese and heavy cream for French omelettes. Then I won't be looking for a morning snack, but a string cheese has been helping there just fine.
    I hope something there helps ya out. I'm new to this too and learning as I go.
  • jayerde
    jayerde Posts: 35 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Had a quick look at your diary. Looks like your main issue your bread:
    Honey Oat Bread, 1 slice = 22g carbs

Skip it, load up the leafy greens, eat a couple more eggs or some bacon instead.

You'll be less hungry with 110 calories from fat and protein rather that carbs.
  • ladipoet
    ladipoet Posts: 4,180 Member
    Options
    Not to point out the obvious since I'm sure probably already know this but your bread (grain-based) is the problem. It's way too high in carbs to be eating it on a regular basis if you truly wish to meet your net carb goal of 42 or less per day. I suggest a couple of things in the alternative: LC Foods Co. bread contain less carbs per slice (http://www.holdthecarbs.com/); however, if you go that route, I suggest you order them through http://www2.netrition.com/lc_foods_sandwich_bread.html as netrition offers flat-rate shipping. Also try googling soul bread, cloud bread, low-carb bread, etc. Try baking up and eating a couple different kinds of low carb breads. No, they won't be like real bread...but you might find some that you like enough to use a vehicle to contain sandwich makings or a burger, etc.
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    Options
    Eat more meat and eggs and less bread
  • AlexandraCarlyle
    AlexandraCarlyle Posts: 1,603 Member
    Options
    ladipoet wrote: »
    Not to point out the obvious since I'm sure probably already know this but your bread (grain-based) is the problem. It's way too high in carbs to be eating it on a regular basis if you truly wish to meet your net carb goal of 42 or less per day. I suggest a couple of things in the alternative: LC Foods Co. bread contain less carbs per slice (http://www.holdthecarbs.com/); however, if you go that route, I suggest you order them through http://www2.netrition.com/lc_foods_sandwich_bread.html as netrition offers flat-rate shipping. Also try googling soul bread, cloud bread, low-carb bread, etc. Try baking up and eating a couple different kinds of low carb breads. No, they won't be like real bread...but you might find some that you like enough to use a vehicle to contain sandwich makings or a burger, etc.

I love 90-second bread. I prefer it to real bread, and it's so much better than stodge... and so much more filling/satisfying.....
  • boogieavery
    Options
    ladipoet wrote: »

I ate the bread once because my stomach was upset that morning. If you look at the rest of my diary you'll see I haven't really had that much bread at all.
    Check out my diary from today
  • PeeshaPi
    PeeshaPi Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Although I've been a little lax lately, I was maintaining 30 or so g of carbs for about 2 months while exclusively breastfeeding my baby. Since March 1, I've now lost nearly 30lbs just by following LCHF, intermittent fasting (basically not eating breakfast or after about 8pm) and breastfeeding. I've slowed on my loss and am losing about 1lb a week the past few weeks, so I'll start to introduce some walking at lunchtime at work.

Keys for me have been stick to good quality meats & fishes, limited dairy, very little fruit - berries mostly, get all my carbs from veg. It's been rough, and I've slipped up a few times, but the return has been well worth giving up the carbs!
  • auntstephie321
    auntstephie321 Posts: 3,586 Member
    Options
    if you want to stay under 42g (where did you get this number) a day you will have to cut out some of those higher carb items in the morning, or eat them and then eat almost 0 carb the rest of the day. its hard for us to know how many net you are at today cuz I don't see the fiber column, not sure if your veggie bake and cookie have lots of fiber thus lowering their net counts.
  • boogieavery
    Options
    if you want to stay under 42g (where did you get this number) a day you will have to cut out some of those higher carb items in the morning, or eat them and then eat almost 0 carb the rest of the day. its hard for us to know how many net you are at today cuz I don't see the fiber column, not sure if your veggie bake and cookie have lots of fiber thus lowering their net counts.

I got the 42grams from the ATKINS 40 diet plan. The 42grams are net carbs. After taking out dietary fiber. I'm not sure if the veggie bake info is accurate considering it's just vegetable roasted in the oven, and the cookies were actually from the mfp blog.
  • boogieavery
    Options
    I take my food that I log over here, especially by recipes, and log them with the atkins app. it helps me keep better track of net carbs. here is mostly calories.
  • boogieavery
    Options
    I'm about to cry. My mom went to the store for seasonings and pam. Came back woth 5 BOXES OF CEREAL! Wth?! And spent most of the money. Do i let food go to waste to stay on my diet?
  • 2t9nty
    2t9nty Posts: 1,611 Member
    Options
    I'm about to cry. My mom went to the store for seasonings and pam. Came back woth 5 BOXES OF CEREAL! Wth?! And spent most of the money. Do i let food go to waste to stay on my diet?

Your mom is not being the most supportive person with your WOE.
  • Dragonwolf
    Dragonwolf Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options

Cereal isn't food, as far as you're concerned.
  • boogieavery
    Options
    2t9nty wrote: »

She's been super supportive. She's eating everything i cook and sticking with me. But I've said over and over I can't eat cereal and she says ok. But i mean come on...5 boxes. And 2 are my favorite kind.
  • auntstephie321
    auntstephie321 Posts: 3,586 Member
    Options
    2t9nty wrote: »

She's been super supportive. She's eating everything i cook and sticking with me. But I've said over and over I can't eat cereal and she says ok. But i mean come on...5 boxes. And 2 are my favorite kind.

Ask her to return them
  • ladipoet
    ladipoet Posts: 4,180 Member
    Options
    Ask her to return them

Second this!!
  • SpicyBaconCake
    edited May 2017
    Options
    I take my food that I log over here, especially by recipes, and log them with the atkins app. it helps me keep better track of net carbs. here is mostly calories.

That's sounds like a lot of extra work. I changed my diary around to show in order, protein fat carb then fiber so I can figure net more easily, right next to each other ya know. Though, I did have to log on computer to really customize.
    When I'm looking at recipes on my phone, like at allrecipes.com or something, the share button let's me import straight to MFP.
    Of course, you do you, just wanna make sure you know the options are there. I :heart: MFP

ETA: oh and totally return those cereals. You could get so much broccoli and peppers and avocados and whatever instead!
  • RalfLott
    RalfLott Posts: 5,036 Member
    Options
    Rycbar_123 wrote: »

That's sounds like a lot of extra work. I changed my diary around to show in order, protein fat carb then fiber so I can figure net more easily, right next to each other ya know. Though, I did have to log on computer to really customize.
    When I'm looking at recipes on my phone, like at allrecipes.com or something, the share button let's me import straight to MFP.
    Of course, you do you, just wanna make sure you know the options are there. I :heart: MFP

ETA: oh and totally return those cereals. You could get so much broccoli and peppers and avocados and whatever instead!

Is there a way to import recipes from certain other sites that will bring nutritional info along?

How about exporting MFP meal info into Cronometer or another program that will fill in micronutrients?

Thanks!
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    Options

Have mom read this and return the non food items to the store.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/lifestyle/food/breakfast-was-the-most-important-meal-of-the-day--until-america-ruined-it/2017/05/12/f1d0e128-368c-11e7-b4ee-434b6d506b37_story.html?tid=ss_fb&utm_term=.2f9e91b27e61#comments
  • SpicyBaconCake
    Options
    RalfLott wrote: »
    Rycbar_123 wrote: »

Is there a way to import recipes from certain other sites that will bring nutritional info along?

How about exporting MFP meal info into Cronometer or another program that will fill in micronutrients?

Thanks!

When ya do the share button to add the recipe, MFP takes it line by line and finds the best match in it's database and recreates the recipe on MFP.
    I think it would have to be programmed in the other app to allow an import from mfp. I haven't had a need so I haven't looked for a way to export. So i guess I don't really know for sure the part 2 question, sorry.
    Oh, but more on the MFP side, you can create a recipe and put in the url of a blog or somewhere that didn't allow to share and it does the same thing.