Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Need some help please. Eating my greens in smoothie form?

I could use some help please. I am trying the high fat low carb diet. I'm not good with eating veggies. I like broccoli, collard greens. My question is can I eat my green veggies like kale and other veggies in smoothie form? I know I'm not supposed to eat alot of fruit so I dont know how this will work. Please help.

Replies

• Tristaan
    Tristaan Posts: 126 Member
    I'm trying to think of what you could mix your smoothies with that would be 0/low carb - because ground up kale and almond milk sounds pretty bad! :) I'm not very creative with smoothies though. If you're asking about juicing them though-I'd think it's a no, just because the fiber is removed and you need to ingest the fiber along with the food to avoid glucose spikes. Don't forget you can use cheeses (in moderation-check the carb count) and full fat butter/cream, broths, etc - which might make some veggies taste better to you.
  • dianak_sea
    dianak_sea Posts: 7 Member
    I sometimes like to eat my kale by adding it to soup just before I'm about to eat it. That way it still has a bit of crunch but is wilted enough to be easier to eat.
  • susiean437
    susiean437 Posts: 34 Member
    I freeze kale. I'm doing keto. I throw it in a blender with 2 strawberries. Some cucumber. Heavy cream stevia and cinnamon. Then water and crushed ice. Sometimes a tablespoon of peanut butter I just mix things up everyday. I'm not a fan of veggies so the smoothie works for me.
  • tracypurple
    tracypurple Posts: 9 Member
    maybe blending it with a flavored protein powder and ice