2»

Replies

• IamMicah
    IamMicah Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Last nights workout was:
    Squat :135lb
    OH:65lb
    Dead:165lb I bumped this quite a bit last night. This is hard but not close to a failure for me I probably won't bump it more than the suggested amount from here on out

Bench:120
    Row:105
  • JoLLyR0g3r
    JoLLyR0g3r Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I also restarted the program last month. I had originally started in December and had a solid few weeks going into the holidays. My plan was to travel during the holidays, find a gym so to not fall behind and come back to continue. Well, I got sick (flu, of course) right before New Years's and had been recovering ever since. When February came, I knew it was time to get back to it and start from the beginning. So here are my numbers going into month two:

Beginning#/Current#:

Squat 95/150
    Bench 50/115
    Row 75/100
    OHP 65/90
    DL 95/145
  • Vanguard1
    Vanguard1 Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    Not sure if anyone is still here or not. I am about 7 weeks into the program.
    Squat 150
    BP 95
    Row 115
    OHP 100
    DL 195

Body weight is about 215
  • scooterjay_wwis
    scooterjay_wwis Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Great job... Vanguard1. Keep at it.
  • GenericOreos
    GenericOreos Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    What's up everyone...

I originally joined a commercial gym in hopes of being able to secure a power cage to do SL5x5. Turns out that almost everytime I went, there would be someone in there with someone else waiting in the wings. Working graveyard shift and going to gym after work, I only have limited time to get it done due to homely duties (i.e. kids, getting sleep, laundry, etc.) so I ended up cancelling my gym membership and (6 months later) getting a cheap Fitness Gear 300lb barbell set from Dick's and a Gold's Gym squat rack.

I've been at SL5x5 since late Feb of this year and have only missed a few days of sessions but have had to deload a few times.

SQ 205 (1RM 255)
    BP 116 (using fractional plates right now)
    Row 95
    DL 220
    OHP 75 (also using fractionals here)

I've had to deload a few times on the BP, Row and OHP. Training at home is not a big deal except on BP...I've had to take the safety pegs out because they keep banging into the barbell at one height and are too low at the next lower height.
  • Vanguard1
    Options
    Great job sticking with it!
  • GenericOreos
    GenericOreos Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Vanguard1 wrote: »
    Great job sticking with it!

Thx Vanguard1! Just trying to stay consistent, and 3 days a week works perfectly.
  • kevinf2380
    kevinf2380 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    I'm in my 9th week with 2 weeks off thrown in the mix because of vacation and sickness.

Squat - 140
    Bench - 110
    Deadlift - 135
    OHP - 60
    Barbell Rows - 80
  • Vanguard1
    Options
    Trying to revive this thread for motivation!! I have had to deload twice due to injury.
    Squat 155
    BP 140
    Row 155
    OHP 110
    DL 165
  • misnomer1
    misnomer1 Posts: 646 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    end of 9th week, started with just over bar weight (numbers are not round because we have Kg plates here):
    Squat 170
    Deadlift 210
    OHP 83 (failed to complete 5x5 twice here)
    Bench 132 (failed to complete 5x5 twice here)
    Pendlay row 138

workouts take too long nowadays
  • Vanguard1
    Options
    I'm doing the Pendlay row as well, it just seems to feel better
  • misnomer1
    misnomer1 Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    Vanguard1 wrote: »
    I'm doing the Pendlay row as well, it just seems to feel better

Pendlay row is what mehdi prescribes in the program.
  • JJordon
    JJordon Posts: 857 Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    I am on month 3.

I am using the smartphone Stronglifts 5x5 app with all the paid options.

I started with the 45 lb. Olympic bar for all exercises only, back in the mid part of December, The 21st of December to be exact.

Today, I just did exercise A.

Main Lifts

3x5 of 235 lbs for Squats

I swapped to 3x5 after hitting 225 lbs for Squat and my recovery, between sets, were taking 5 minutes or sometimes more and I had intermittently deloaded twice over the months.

5x5 of 140 lbs for Bench Press
    5x5 of 160 lbs for Barbell Row
    5x5 of 130 lbs for Overhead Press

I've had one stall, but no deload on Overhead Press

1x5 of 255 lbs for Deadlift

Assistance Lifts

3x5 of 100 lbs for Paused Bench Press
    3x5 of 100 lbs of Close Grip Bench Press
    2x8 of 65 lbs of Barbell Curls
    3x10 of Unweighted Dips
    3x10 of Standard Pushups

Results

I am stronger than I've ever been. Pushups are slowly becoming a non-entity. And to me strength is everything. My joints once bothered me and now they don't.

I did not get this sort of power and strength from doing Power 90 or Insanity, which I have struggled with in the past, especially when it came to things like Pushups or the Weightlifting / Strength portions of those exercise series. Also, I felt like my unassisted Squats, Lunges, Pushups, Planks, Tricep, exercises, I was not doing well at all.

I haven't done a moment of cardiovascular since starting Stronglifts, outside of walking 10,000 steps 3 to 4 times a week.

However, I plan on re-starting cardio exercises this week now and beginning a cut diet to get rid of some weight, and occasionally doing some assistance / dumbbell exercises to further help me cut down to a size that I want.

But Stronglifts is more important to me than anything else.

Stronglifts 5x5: Strength perceived is strength achieved.