Summer 2017 Suggestions/Goals/Comments

Options
SmithsonianEmpress
SmithsonianEmpress Posts: 1,163 Member
Are any of you interested in a June/Summer challenge or have suggestions on how we can continue our group or do our own thing, but still check in with each other?

Replies

• SmithsonianEmpress
    Options
    Personally, next month my goal is to run 3/4x a week, do Barbs hump day workout and Monday and Friday will need to be filled in with some cardio. I worked out 3 days a week, every other day a few weeks ago and felt great so that's what I'm going back to. I was considering T25 but I don't know. I'm not sure what program can be affective twice a week. If any of you have any insight let me know. I'm still trying to lose more weight before serious lifting. Hopefully by the fall I am down enough weight and can start some sort of lifting program then.
  • dbackgrammy
    dbackgrammy Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Great idea, Jessica, to keep this group going past June. I am doing Trinity's LiveFit program with her, but would love to here about Barb's hump day workout. I am also doing a 5K race program with my 8 yr old granddaughter (5 - 5K races over the summer), so I would be interested in maybe some kind of challenge that logs miles run/walked, minutes run/walked, steps, something like that. I am not the runner some of you ladies are, but I can walk pretty fast. Exercise has never been my problem, I'm a bit competitive (college athlete), it's what goes into my mouth that is my problem.
  • TheCupcakeCounter
    TheCupcakeCounter Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    Checking in here has definitely helped keep me on track. I post my workouts daily in a home workout discussion in the Fitness & Exercise board and plan on continuing to do that. If we want to start a new group I know how to set it up. I'm not super into the monthly workout challenges as my background gives me a good base for figuring out workouts that challenge me while working around my injury issue(s).
    Below is the link to the discussion I started for home workouts - all the "hump day" workouts are there.

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10548812/home-workout-buddies-to-share-ideas-and-help-keep-motivated#latest
  • jurapak9960
    jurapak9960 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    This is my favorite group that I am in. I love all these motivating people that are on a similar track as me. I would love to participate through Summer!
  • TheCupcakeCounter
    Options
    Anyone know what happened to Jane?
  • SmithsonianEmpress
    Options
    Checking in here has definitely helped keep me on track. I post my workouts daily in a home workout discussion in the Fitness & Exercise board and plan on continuing to do that. If we want to start a new group I know how to set it up. I'm not super into the monthly workout challenges as my background gives me a good base for figuring out workouts that challenge me while working around my injury issue(s).
    Below is the link to the discussion I started for home workouts - all the "hump day" workouts are there.

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10548812/home-workout-buddies-to-share-ideas-and-help-keep-motivated#latest

Thanks for pointing me to the hump day workout. I need to write it down and work on one for myself with dumbbells (my mom won't let me steal her kettle bells.....evil she is!)
  • SmithsonianEmpress
    Options
    Anyone know what happened to Jane?

Not sure, but her account is deleted.
  • SmithsonianEmpress
    Options
    This is my favorite group that I am in. I love all these motivating people that are on a similar track as me. I would love to participate through Summer!

I agree. I am guessing if we want to start another group we can since we have inactive people in this one. I think we can all do our own thing and find something, like Karen said, that ties us together. It doesnt have to be a monthly challenge but maybe if we all had a fitbit or if we all wanted to post how many steps we took for the week or share our favorite meal/snack/low cal dessert for the week. I don't know, just throwing out ideas. Honestly Friday was supposed to be my last day on here but I am enjoying the encouragement and information sharing in this group so I think I will stay. :#
  • TheCupcakeCounter
    Options

Thanks for pointing me to the hump day workout. I need to write it down and work on one for myself with dumbbells (my mom won't let me steal her kettle bells.....evil she is!)

You can do swings and dead lifts with dumbbells too. Just do single arm swings so you will do 2 sets of those per round. For dead lifts just hold the dumbbells in front of you like you would hold a barbell and do the movement. You Tube has some great tutorials if you are unsure of how to do it.
  • dbackgrammy
    dbackgrammy Posts: 229 Member
    Options

I agree. I am guessing if we want to start another group we can since we have inactive people in this one. I think we can all do our own thing and find something, like Karen said, that ties us together. It doesnt have to be a monthly challenge but maybe if we all had a fitbit or if we all wanted to post how many steps we took for the week or share our favorite meal/snack/low cal dessert for the week. I don't know, just throwing out ideas. Honestly Friday was supposed to be my last day on here but I am enjoying the encouragement and information sharing in this group so I think I will stay. :#

Oh, Jessica, I like the idea of sharing our favorite meal/snack, etc. I think all of us are always looking for some new ideas. Please don't leave us...I would miss you terribly.
  • laureljenn
    laureljenn Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    I would definitely like to see this group continue going forward.
  • hannahhooter
    hannahhooter Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I love this group! I would be interested in seeing it go forward. I dont always post but I love checking in here.
  • TheCupcakeCounter
    Options
    I don't think the group will magically disappear June 1 so anyone who is interested can probably just keep coming here to check in.
  • SmithsonianEmpress
    Options
    I don't think the group will magically disappear June 1 so anyone who is interested can probably just keep coming here to check in.

Lol! So we want to continue here and not start a new group?
  • TheCupcakeCounter
    Options

Lol! So we want to continue here and not start a new group?

Might be the easiest option - its already a shortcut in the app and the site and has a lot of historical data.
  • megd44
    megd44 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I love this group as well. It is extremely motivating to check in, even if I am not posting. If we keep this one we will have some good data. Those that are inactive will simply fall to the wayside. Will we be able to add others if we want? Sorry, not sure how the whole group thing totally works.

For challenges, I am not much into doing specific exercise challenges, since I also do my own regular work out. But I like the idea of sharing favorite recipes/snacks, or making sure we are doing some type of workout "x" number of times a week.
  • SmithsonianEmpress
    Options
    Looks like we have a consensus that we want to stick around. This is GOOD. When you guys speak of "data" what do you mean? Also, are you saying the people that are inactive in the group will be deleted somehow? I'm not sure how this works either. Lol!
  • megd44
    megd44 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    When I talk about "data", I mean looking at all the info we have from our previous weigh ins. Keeps moving froward rather than restarting, if that makes sense. I am not sure on actually deleting anyone, but think that thee will be some people that just naturally stop participating.
  • jurapak9960
    jurapak9960 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    megd44 wrote: »
    When I talk about "data", I mean looking at all the info we have from our previous weigh ins. Keeps moving froward rather than restarting, if that makes sense. I am not sure on actually deleting anyone, but think that thee will be some people that just naturally stop participating.

The data that you're referring to kept me motivated as well! Seeing everyone's progress was so amazing too. We all have come such a long way!!
  • shangrilamama
    shangrilamama Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I may not post often but I check in regularly. I like the idea of sticking around. Y'all are a great group of people. ☺️
This discussion has been closed.