Weekend Bling Report

Options

Replies

• silverfiend
    silverfiend Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    May 20th was the Joplin Memorial Marathon. I ran the half. Overall I was very happy with my run effort for this. I didn’t PR, but that’s OK. This was my 2nd half marathon race, ever. My first was 6 weeks ago and I finished with a time of 1:56:31, and I finished today at 1:58:48 which put me at a respectable 15th out of 42 in my age group.

5vr1vfrhb4a5.jpg
  • juliet3455
    juliet3455 Posts: 3,015 Member
    Options
    @midwesterner85 - It may have looked like a very generic medal but I actually liked the way the front of the medal looked, 2 runners and especially the 3d look to it and the way they had a folded ribbon wrapping around the edge of the medal, and it did have the engraved name of the race on the back of it.
  • MobyCarp
    MobyCarp Posts: 2,927 Member
    Options
    Made a last minute decision yesterday to run the Canandaigua Classic Half Marathon today. It was a small race, with 261 finishers. I was 4th overall with a time of 1:33:06.15. As expected, I won the M 60-64 age group. The medal is for finishing, the pint glass and sticker are for the age group:

ytpna2xa3ww4.jpg
  • T1DCarnivoreRunner
    T1DCarnivoreRunner Posts: 11,502 Member
    Options
    Not a timed race (I timed it... and it was 3.5 miles, not 5K), but did a 5K trail run this morning. Not sure how to load a photo from my phone, but I got the same bib number as The trail run on 4/1 (see profile photo).
  • silverfiend
    silverfiend Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    Ran a new PB in a 5K race today! 24+minutes beats my old 5K PB by a minute and my time for the same race last year by 4 minutes! Also earned me a 1st place for my group!

i78q5667vadu.jpg

67ghotbzysd7.jpg

stcqo2sq1bud.jpg

• pondee629
    pondee629 Posts: 2,469 Member
    Options
    Funny (not) thing happened on my way to the Ridgewood NJ Memorial day 10K. The Monday before, in training, I pulled, strained or otherwise messed up my left calf/Achilles tendon causing my first DNS. Damn. Hurt to even walk much less run. Did 3.75 slow miles on Saturday as a test and failed the test. Feeling better and hoping to get back out on the road in, maybe, another week or so.
  • apullum
    apullum Posts: 4,838 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    I ran the Running of the Bulls 8k in Durham, NC this morning. Beat my last 8k time by two minutes, and got a sweet cowbell finisher's medal: sj2m6dtacncd.png
  • mfpchris
    mfpchris Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    On Sunday 5/28/17 I ran the Mountain2Beach Marathon. 5:54:14. :)
  • dewd2
    dewd2 Posts: 2,449 Member
    Options
    I completed my first Ragnar Relay this weekend. It was quite the experience. I ran 23 miles total. I had a moderate and 2 extra hard legs (including the "Ragnar" leg which they consider the hardest). I did a 7.5 mile run in the middle of the night. I ate like crap and got very little sleep. I had a great time. :) I will be doing this again.
    kzg5m6dkdssk.jpg
    1z3njhm4t0hb.jpg
    hub71ndj5uf5.jpg
    w0h31j2tzj6p.jpg
    ee4tgoc93wnm.jpg
    1e0bf39cdm9v.jpg

• lporter229
    lporter229 Posts: 4,907 Member
    Options
    @dewd2 -Awesome! I love the medals! My husband and I are part of a Ragnar Bourbon Chase team in October. Your pictures are making me super excited!
  • 99clmsntgr
    99clmsntgr Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    D-Day 10K at Currahee, 49:59, 10th overall, 2nd in the 40-49 year old age group, which is what they actually handed awards out for (the race results page shows 31-40 year olds).

jhjovk5gm6md.jpg

There are no distance PR's set at this race, you only race the mountain. And the mountain always wins.
  • dewd2
    dewd2 Posts: 2,449 Member
    Options
    @lporter229 - You're going to love it! B)

Good luck.
  • polskagirl01
    polskagirl01 Posts: 2,010 Member
    Options
    I'm "home" in the States for the summer and thought I'd add some American bling to my collection. No finisher's medals for this 10k, but the event was small enough that I somehow managed third place in my age group. Also no PB this time, but I'm very pleased with the results and think I can finally say I've recovered from my post-marathon "bleh". Best of all, I got to see my sister - it's been 2 1/2 years! - she was doing the 5k charity walk. xd6nzs6alluz.jpg
  • Wendy98
    Wendy98 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Way to go @MobyCarp ! As another distance runner, I stress about mile races more than anything else. Give me 3 hours of marathoning over 5-6 minutes of pure pain!
  • Wendy98
    Wendy98 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Hyde Park Blast this past Saturday. It is a decent sized local race and an odd distance, 4 miles. I wasn't enthusiastic to race. I have had back pain for the past 2 weeks. It comes and goes and sometimes it is hard to take a deep breath without pain. My plan was just to survive and put out a decent effort. Final time was 25:54 (6:28/mile pace) which got me 6th OA for women. Top 50 of each gender get a Brooks long sleeve running shirt with race logo and "Top Finisher" on it. My back was bugging me all day yesterday after the race!