PEDALING GOADIES TUESDAY 05/23/2017

Options
TimDumez
TimDumez Posts: 1,161 Member
This thread is for beginners, veterans, and in between. Be it street, trail, mountain, or stationary bikers, this thread is for all peddlers out there. Post your daily distances/experiences and benefits of being on the move. And HAVE FUN!!!!!

Replies

• TimDumez
    Options
    Rode my NordicTrack Recumbent stationary bike 15.1 miles yesterday, at "Moderate" effort....
  • podkey
    podkey Posts: 5,105 Member
    Options
    Got in a wonderful 30 miler as I mentioned on the Bike Sunday in Seattle where they close off a section of Lake Washington Road. I did that with DW and them road around Mercer Island with my son and DIL. Wonderful 71-73 degrees. Doesn't get better.

Yesterday got back home to Portland OR area and it was an honest 92-93°F when I rode a 7 mile loop to get over the car travel sucking on an icy electrolyte water drink. Going to be a high tomorrow back in the 60s. Crazy spring for sure.
  • klmackey893
    klmackey893 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Commuted to work again this morning. should break 900 miles for 2017 by Thursday morning. Weather permitting hopefully I'll break a 1000 before the end of the month.
  • gadgetgirlIL
    gadgetgirlIL Posts: 1,381 Member
    Options
    @podkey - you sure are having the crazy spring temps!

My last ride of vacation this morning was a little over 20 miles. Best riding weather of the trip - no high winds and temps were in the mid 50's. I did my favorite route that has about 8 miles in the middle where you wind through the Kettle Moraine State Forest on a very hilly and scenic road. I only saw 2 cars in that entire section.

I accumulated 114.15 miles of riding over the 5 days. Good thing as I have a paid for 75 mile ride in less than 2 weeks. I need to get in a longish ride this coming weekend.
  • SlimEdgar
    SlimEdgar Posts: 30 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    I am new to this group. I rode the bike trail near my house for 60 minutes today at about 10 mph.
    I have over 6,000 miles on my bike; I don't remember when I started!
  • TimDumez
    Options
    Slim, I'm glad you found this thread. We will be looking forward to your entries as you ride into fitness!!!!!
  • SlimEdgar
    SlimEdgar Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    5 hours and 20 minutes biking for the week.