How do you do summer?? (LTL help - June)

Options
minimyzeme
minimyzeme Posts: 2,708 Member
Thanks to those who volunteered for and participated in the May Living The Lifestyle (LTL) threads. If you get and / or share ideas from LTL; if it helps you along the way, please help us out by taking responsibility for posting the LTL question for one of the weekdays each week in the month of June.

Especially if you haven't done this before, I encourage you to participate. Summer can be a challenge with all the parties, BBQs, etc., yet so many opportunities for great activity! What better place to share with and inquire of your fellow GOADies about navigating seasonal challenges?

The template is below. Just indicate your day of choice. I'll neat & tidy the roster up before the 1st.

Thanks in advance.

Everyone says it, but just how do you do it? How do you take the guidelines of the WW program and turn them into a lifestyle you can live every day...from now on? That is what we are here to explore. Each weekday, a new topic is offered up for discussion. Newbie? Join in! Veteran? Join in! Your thoughts may be just what someone else needs to hear.

Monday --
Tuesday --
Wednesday -- minimyzeme (Kim)
Thursday --
Friday --

Today's topic:

Replies

• minimyzeme
    Options
    No takers? Maybe we'll take June off...
  • Tripaway
    Tripaway Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    do we just pose a question, or are we supposed to give our own examples of how we combat the challenges of parties and BBQs?
  • whathapnd
    whathapnd Posts: 1,246 Member
    Options
    "No takers? Maybe we'll take June off..."

Taking a month off from LTL could be like taking a month off from mindful eating - - a seeming respite that actually makes it harder to get things going again. Can I get an Amen?!

I'll take Monday.

Monday -- whathapnd (Emmie)
    Tuesday --
    Thursday --
    Friday --

• Jimb376mfp
    Jimb376mfp Posts: 6,232 Member
    Options
    @Tripaway
    What Kim @minimyzeme is doing is trying to get Volunteers for posting LTL topics in June. It up to you how you phrase it, questions, examples or just common issues faced as we Live the Lifestyle ( LTL) Volunteer and make it your own style. I don't think there are any GoaD rules per se, just a daily discussion of whatever the OP wants to bring up.
    We need new blood, give it a shot. Pick a day and add your name. Hope to see your posts.
    Jim
  • Tripaway
    Tripaway Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    OK, I'll take Friday if that's all right with everyone :smile:
  • Jimb376mfp
    Options
    Tuesday --
    Thursday --
    Friday -- @Tripaway

Trip add yr real name (. )
    Thanks!
  • minimyzeme
    edited May 2017
    Options
    whathapnd wrote: »
    "No takers? Maybe we'll take June off..."

Taking a month off from LTL could be like taking a month off from mindful eating - - a seeming respite that actually makes it harder to get things going again. Can I get an Amen?!

I'll take Monday.

Amen...and thanks Emmie @whathapnd !
    Jimb376mfp wrote: »
    We need new blood, give it a shot. Pick a day and add your name. Hope to see your posts.
    Jim

Thanks for picking up the slack for me Jim @Jimb376mfp ! ( @Tripaway , I generally only check in on here morning and evening or I would have answered sooner. )
    Tripaway wrote: »
    OK, I'll take Friday if that's all right with everyone :smile:

Awesome, @Tripaway ; thanks for stepping up! Also, just FYI, you can click "All discussions" at the bottom of the postings to go back and see past Living the Lifestyle (LTL) discussions. "Tons" of good info there...

• RedSassyPants
    RedSassyPants Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    I've gone back and forth in my brain but I think Tuesday will be the easiest for me. Count me in!
  • Jimb376mfp
    Options
    Tuesday -- @RedSassyPants
    Thursday --
    Friday -- @Tripaway.

Only need one more!

Kim, @minimyzeme
    Happy to help, don't mean to step on your toes. I'm on here a lot.

You're doing a great service keeping LTL alive. There are a lot of reasons I check in on GoaDs daily and I appreciate everyone's contributions.
  • minimyzeme
    Options
    Thanks Jim @Jimb376mfp , no sore toes here B) .

And thank you @RedSassyPants for taking Tuesdays!
  • minimyzeme
    Options
    Unless we get a volunteer to take it, Thursdays in June will be a 'wild card' day; free to anyone who steps up and offers a question or perspective.

Thanks all.
  • minimyzeme
    Options
    The June template; all in one place...

Everyone says it, but just how do you do it? How do you take the guidelines of the WW program and turn them into a lifestyle you can live every day...from now on? That is what we are here to explore. Each weekday, a new topic is offered up for discussion. Newbie? Join in! Veteran? Join in! Your thoughts may be just what someone else needs to hear.

Tuesday -- RedSassyPants
    Thursday -- Wild Card Day--open to anyone who grabs it!
    Friday -- Tripaway

Today's topic:
  • goldenfrisbee
    goldenfrisbee Posts: 1,640 Member
    Options
    Well that's a smart way to fill a day, make it a competition. Looking forward to the new contributions