Heart test results!

Options
sisterlilbunny
sisterlilbunny Posts: 691 Member
You guys, I'm so danged happy. Even though my cholesterol (familial hyperlipidemia) has landed me on medication, my heart is in freeken awesome shape. My EKG, ultrasound, and Resting/Stress ECG turned up no abnormalities/worry points. And, with my normal blood pressure, I'm a low risk for heart disease. I'm also impressed that the stress part wasn't as bad as I thought. Which, gave me inspiration to get back to my (very slow) jogging.

So, it's just the cholesterol to get figured out WHICH, I'm gonna take y'alls advice and research to the cardio doc when I see him the end of June. I'll have a retest then so at least I'll know the type of LDL and what not. I think I'm gonna be stuck on meds due to it being a genetic thing but meh, maybe we can figure something out. I still have 50lbs to go so I think I'm stuck with the high stuff for a while. :(

But, I'm still taking this as a win because I'm healthy damnit. ;D

Replies

• kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    Options
    <3
  • RAC56
    RAC56 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Wonderful news, I'm happy for you! :)
  • AlexandraCarlyle
    AlexandraCarlyle Posts: 1,603 Member
    Options
    @sisterlilbunny , I realise you say your heart situation is genetic - but have you seen this thread? See the video - it's quite interesting....
  • sisterlilbunny
    sisterlilbunny Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    Yes and it gave me hope @AlexandraCarlyle !! The cardiologist knows I'm actively dieting and we did discuss the fact that the LDL jumps when that happens. I have a few more things to bring up at the June appointment, especially once I see what the LDL breakdown is. I'm lucky the Doc is supportive of Low Carb/Keto. And, since I know that my heart is good (and now I know I can work to keep it that way), maybe I can get off these darned meds and just stick with food/diet/exercise/meditation.