Open Food Diaries?

Options
lovelifehealth
lovelifehealth Posts: 71 Member
I'm having a hard time sticking with low-carb and would appreciate MFP friends with open diaries.
Thanks!

Replies

• 2t9nty
    2t9nty Posts: 1,610 Member
    Options
    Friend me and you can see mine.
  • Violet_Flux
    Violet_Flux Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    My diary is open.

It can get repetative now and then, as I tend to eat the same things quite a bit.
  • 2t9nty
    Options
    Yeah - mine is pretty boring. I have heavy whipping cream in coffee first thing when I get up. I have 2 eggs and bacon for breakfast almost every day. Supper is some variation of 6-8 oz of some meat and a cup of a steamed leafy green vegetable. Sometimes I go crazy and have sauteed green beans with supper. Lunch is more of a wild card.

I often have an ounce of peanuts as a snack in the afternoon.
  • RAC56
    RAC56 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Mine is pretty dull too.
  • lovelifehealth
    lovelifehealth Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Thank you!
  • RalfLott
    RalfLott Posts: 5,036 Member
    Options
    2t9nty wrote: »
    Yeah - mine is pretty boring. I have heavy whipping cream in coffee first thing when I get up. I have 2 eggs and bacon for breakfast almost every day. Supper is some variation of 6-8 oz of some meat and a cup of a steamed leafy green vegetable. Sometimes I go crazy and have sauteed green beans with supper. Lunch is more of a wild card.

I often have an ounce of peanuts as a snack in the afternoon.

Like Dr. Bernstein says, consistency is a huge part of the game... which you're winning!.
  • Liadin123
    Liadin123 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Mine is also fairly boring, but it's open :)
  • AlexandraCarlyle
    AlexandraCarlyle Posts: 1,603 Member
    Options
    I think mine is open too. And I'm just weird. Either that, or I have "eclectic" tastes... :D
    (Ok, so I happen to like sauerkraut by the forkful. On its own. Just because....!)
  • 2t9nty
    Options
    I think mine is open too. And I'm just weird. Either that, or I have "eclectic" tastes... :D
    (Ok, so I happen to like sauerkraut by the forkful. On its own. Just because....!)

Sauerkraut is just good. I am not going to question you on this one.
  • 2t9nty
    Options
    RalfLott wrote: »

Like Dr. Bernstein says, consistency is a huge part of the game... which you're winning!.

Emerson says "Consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds." I would suggest (with a nod of the head to Bernstein) that it is a path to little waistlines as well.
  • CrispyStars3
    CrispyStars3 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    You are welcome to check out my diary. It is a bit boring (possibly odd...lol) for the moment... changes are around the corner :smile:
  • ladipoet
    ladipoet Posts: 4,180 Member
    Options
    My diary is open to the public as well so knock yourself out snooping to your heart's content!
  • gettinthere
    gettinthere Posts: 529 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    MIne is open as well

edit to say : I do some weekly fasting at the moment....just in case you're wondering about empty days
  • KenSmith108
    KenSmith108 Posts: 1,966 Member
    Options
    8ml7sf6plq7v.jpg
    c6ypfnwnfbd2.jpg

>:) or o:)

• lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    Mine's open. My empty/low cal days are mainly just that I'm trying to get back into the regular logging habit after not doing it for a while (holiday weekend was the latest "eh, don't want to log" situation).
  • Lugaroo
    Lugaroo Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I'm a veggie keto-er but feel free :)
  • My4happykids
    My4happykids Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I'm new, been on MFP for about two weeks still getting the hang of logging everything. I recently started adding the things I make as recipes rather than the single ingredients in my log. Very time consuming to write all your recipes down. You are welcome to look (I don't know how the lock it or unlock it thou)
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    mine is open, but I didn't log over the holiday weekend, so you have to go back a few days to see anything
  • kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty lax on my food diary these days, maintaining for 3 years. I doubt you'll see anything too enticing on it unless you're a peanut butter fan. I finally gave myself permission to eat it, removing all the excitement. Some days I'll eat a couple globs and call it lunch. Great fat, good protein and pretty low net carbs-at least the natural stuff with only peanuts and salt.

Since not striving for ketosis, not being diabetic, etc you'll see the rare banana that was eaten because it was over ripe or something. It was just ok. I find that giving myself permission keeps me from yearning over "forbidden" foods. Yes, i know the bananas I purchase are only 20-25 cents each but I'm pretty thrifty, frugal, cheap. I keep my carbs under about 60 total carbs per day. Most days are lower. You'll not see stuff like cookies and cakes. Not even the low carb versions. Great that others can eat them and not go off the rails. I don't really forbid them. I just choose to not want them.

A year of eating keto (not my current plan) helped me identify what a psychological game eating is for ME. It eliminated the physiological hunger and I was able to acknowledge and address the behavior/s of eating that aided in my becoming overweight.
  • kimberwolf71
    kimberwolf71 Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    My diary is open if you add me as a friend. I try to focus on real food and food prep... so you will see a lot of the same thing for the week, but then ideally something completely different the following week :smile: