Macros Question????

Options
pookie0304
pookie0304 Posts: 2 Member
Hi, I'm 3 weeks in on the keto way of eating
(dont want to call it a diet because i consider it my new lifestyle) . I don't have a lot of weight to lose. Roughly 15- 20 lbs of which I have alread lost 6 since starting. My current weight is now 133lbs and I'm 5"2. When I use the online calculators to get my new macros as my weight has changed I have been coming up like this (below) & at a 20% deficit should be consuming :
1270 calories
20 g carbs
54 g protein
108 g fat
So my question is this, what happens when I lose more weight and my macros change again & my calories fall below the 1200 per day mark? Is under 1200 calories not considered starving yourself? I'm very short, so is it possible that can I go below that marker?
To be honest, the past few weeks I've had a hard time getting to 1300 calories daily anyway.
I currently don't work out but I'm planning on going back to the gym. Maybe in that case since my calories will need to go up to compensate & this won't even be an issue but I must say I'm loving losing weight and it all being based on my diet so far so I would live to push that off at least for a little while longer lol!
Any help on this is appreciated! Thanks!

Replies

• pookie0304
    pookie0304 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    By the way I have never posted in a forum before so I'm not sure I even did this right..
  • rayeangel
    rayeangel Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    It's difficult, but I'm not starving myself at all. I just need to be very careful. I'm 5'0, 166lbs with the Macros of 25carbs, 74 protein and 90 fat with the calorie of 1201. I've been doing intermediate fasting, weighing my food and trying to track. Along with using a Fitbit. I've pre-planned all of my resturant meals, so that I know what I'm getting myself into before I order it. Also I give myself a quest shake most days to cut back my sugar cravings.
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    Options
    Generally you begin eating at a lesser deficit as you get close to goal. So you can switch to 15% deficit or whatever. You can also go that low assuming you aren't actually feeling hungry a lot and forcing yourself to ignore it. I think that's when your body is telling you something you should listen to. But if it's not telling you to eat, I don't know why it would be a problem.
    Eating when hungry is natural. Actual hunger... not talking cravings and feeling hungry all the time due to screwed up hunger signals
  • RalfLott
    RalfLott Posts: 5,036 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    pookie0304 wrote: »
    My current weight is now 133lbs and I'm 5"2. When I use the online calculators to get my new macros as my weight has changed I have been coming up like this (below) & at a 20% deficit should be consuming :
    1270 calories
    20 g carbs
    54 g protein
    108 g fat
    Any help on this is appreciated! Thanks!

Well, since you asked..... ;)

IMHO, your protein grams look pretty low. I discovered (through a DEXA scan) after almost a year of keto that I'd lost muscle/lean body mass. :/ During that weight loss phase, I was eating pretty close to your macros, though a bit higher on protein (around 75g, minimum).

I'm in maintenance now and eating about 1600-1700 calories (with a protein goal of 110g and 30-40g net carbs).

Good luck!
  • Joyfulpsalm
    Joyfulpsalm Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I just read this post looking for answers as I'm not loosing I'm 5,2 206 and I'm using the same macros and I'm starving on top of that I'm extremely weak some friends said I wasn't eating enough protein but then I mess the macros up please help.
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    Options
    TaharaRut wrote: »
    I just read this post looking for answers as I'm not loosing I'm 5,2 206 and I'm using the same macros and I'm starving on top of that I'm extremely weak some friends said I wasn't eating enough protein but then I mess the macros up please help.

I would eat more protein. It's the most satiating of the macros.
    I'm not sure what macros you're trying to follow but they re more flexible than most people realize.
    You want to aim to reach or exceed a minimum of 0.8 to 1.0g of protein per pound of lean body mass then don't exceed your carb limit and then fat can be adjusted up or down to close or create your calorie deficit.
    If you're adding excess fat, like in coffee for example, that's better as a weight maintenance thing than a weight loss thing...