Your strangest lunches/dinners

Options
Sabine_Stroehm
Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
Here's my current favorite:

Don Lee veggie patty (the vegan superfood one)
a cup of arugula or so
a handful of mixed nuts
a handful of cherry tomatoes
a handful of cello crisps (the little baked parmesan cheese things-which are BACK at costco)
a bit of avocado
Eaten with my hands.

What's your strangest favorite "meal" these days?

Replies

• dulcitonia
    dulcitonia Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    Raspberries, havarti cheese and a large coffee
  • AlexandraCarlyle
    AlexandraCarlyle Posts: 1,603 Member
    Options
    1 hard-boiled duck egg
    + Cottage cheese mixed with chopped blanched almonds & sliced olives
    OR
    Brawn with kimchi
    + Konnyaku fried with zucchini spaghetti
    OR
    2 or 3 chicken drumsticks
    + paleo mayo and salad, with mozzarella balls

topped off with a healthy portion of curious looks and incredulous stares.
  • KiloMad
    KiloMad Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Crustless quiche, cabbage with gravy and mint sauce
  • LizinLowell
    LizinLowell Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    I realized yesterday I would be in the movie theater around when I would eat lunch so I packed some nitrate-free salami slices, an ounce of macadamia nuts, and a Kerrygold buttered slice of almond meal bread to eat as "snacks" during the movie, LOL. I was happy as could be! No popcorn or Twizzlers for me :smiley:
  • kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    Options
    About 20 minutes ago I cracked 2 eggs in a shallow bowl and microwaved them for a minute then added 2 oz of cream cheese and gave it another 30 seconds for an early supper. I've been doing that a lot lately but it usually lunch.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Options
    KiloMad wrote: »
    Crustless quiche, cabbage with gravy and mint sauce

The Kellogs quiches? Or home made?
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Here's my current favorite:

Don Lee veggie patty (the vegan superfood one)
    a cup of arugula or so
    a handful of mixed nuts
    a handful of cherry tomatoes
    a handful of cello crisps (the little baked parmesan cheese things-which are BACK at costco)
    a bit of avocado
    Eaten with my hands.

What's your strangest favorite "meal" these days?
    Hubs got home and said: what's for dinner? (Like I knew??). I said: "nosh!" (He loves that).
    We had:

slices of don lee veggie patties
    arugula
    mixed nuts
    cherry tomatoes
    olives
    cello crisps
    pepperoni (I skipped that)
    dark chocolate squares
    100% whole wheat sandwich thins quartered with almond butter on them
    DINNER!
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    I found cauliflower on sale for only $1.99 today so I bought another one and needed to figure out how to get it into hubby as it's not a favorite. Luckily had onion, cremini mushrooms, and a couple baby carrots for colour. Stirfry in coconut oil, throw in some Frank's hot sauce, Bragg's Aminos, and almond butter with a splash of lime juice for Thai flavours and threw it over leftover wild rice (for him, mine w/o) followed by dessert of stewed rhubarb from the garden topped with chopped pecans.

Not that weird, I guess, but I'm still planning more cauliflower.... I'm sure there will be a complaint coming soon, lol.
    Oops, forgot to mention the chicken breast chunks in the Thai mix.
  • AlexandraCarlyle
    Options
    Beef tripe with halloumi cheese and 'slim pasta' zero carb noodles.

Bite me.
  • retirehappy
    retirehappy Posts: 4,757 Member
    Options
    Sometimes for lunch I have garlic dill pickle spears wrapped in ham. That's it, maybe a glass of tea.
  • macchiatto
    macchiatto Posts: 2,890 Member
    Options
    I don't know how strange mine are, but they can be kind of random if I'm in a hurry:

* a Quest bar
    * a lunch meat and cheese roll-up (or for breakfast)
    * a spoonful of PB has legit been a meal for me at times (well, and I always have a coffee, usually with cream, as well)

Of course, I do generally eat 4-5 times a day so on days I have smaller meals I make up for it later, especially now at maintenance.
  • cstehansen
    cstehansen Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options
    Lunch today was pork rinds with pimento cheese and some chunks of ham. Some people eat crackers with cheese and meat. I prefer to use pork rinds.
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    I had a tin of oysters and leftover ground beef for lunch. Yesterday it was a shrimp ring. LOL
  • Spirit_Goose
    Spirit_Goose Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    When my schedule is demanding, I'll grab a hunk of ham, block of cheese, and a tomato and take bites off of them at lunch. Confuses the hell out of people when they watch me shrink.

Pork rinds dipped in guacamole.

Lox. You know, the thinly-sliced smoked salmon? Yeah. Just lox...with a fork. Yummm.

Bacon and tomatoes.

This is fun. :)
  • Freischuetz
    Freischuetz Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    i really would like to have pork rinds here in my country.

here is everything low fat and high sugar or even more worst low fat and low sugar. like you eat grass :(
  • Seajolly
    Seajolly Posts: 1,435 Member
    Options
    I throw ground turkey in a pan with butter, then when it's fully cooked I add in some fresh raw spinach and let it wilt, add taco seasoning, add cheese and let it melt, and then serve with a little sour cream. This is such an easy go-to meal for me and is filling and delicious!
  • bametels
    bametels Posts: 950 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    @Freischuetz

here is everything low fat and high sugar or even more worst low fat and low sugar. like you eat grass :(

I buy mine online - either from Jet.com or Amazon. Utz sells an 18 oz. barrel of pork rinds. It's much cheaper per serving than I've found it anywhere else.

ETA - I should have read your post more carefully. I did not realize you were not in the US.
  • AlexandraCarlyle
    Options

You're in Austria. Austria has a record of high pork consumption. More than 2/3rds of all meat eaten there, is pork (see slide #7).

Find a good butcher and ask him for pig skin. It's really easy from there!

I work in a UK store that has a Food department. There's loads of Lo-fat (high sugar) stuff there too.
    But if you make your own stuff from scratch, you can make it the way you need it. Don't buy ready-made processed stuff. Buy fresh produce and get creative.

There are countless recipes on-line, and we can help you too.
  • Sweetiepiestef
    Sweetiepiestef Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    I had bacon for dinner last night and one piece of cheese. I wasn't hungry but I knew I had to have something.
  • AlexandraCarlyle
    Options
    Bar style hot-dog sausages (left) and Czech "Utopenci" (right) .... Made these about a half hour ago. Goodness, I have to wait a week now, while they 'pickle' but I made them loads of times and they're amazing!!
    h0xv8fvij766.jpg