New here

Options
I am new here and would love friends for support and to help stay motivated. I am waiting on a date for surgery; hopefully will be in July. I started this process in May last year.

Replies

• NicholeBryan
    NicholeBryan Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hello, I started my journey Jan 27, 2017. And I'm almost done with required 6 months process. And I'm hoping for a surgery date in late July- early August. What has been your doc requirements?
  • MrsCarrieRobinson
    MrsCarrieRobinson Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    That's great! It's an awesome day When you get the call. I'm excited for you starting your journey
  • PatriciaWhitesell
    PatriciaWhitesell Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hello, I started my journey Jan 27, 2017. And I'm almost done with required 6 months process. And I'm hoping for a surgery date in late July- early August. What has been your doc requirements?

Hello Nicole, I am in Ontario, Canada. My doc requirements; I have had every test there is to have! I have had a gastroscopy, an MRI an EEG and an ultrasound of my heart. I have had a stress test and seen a dietitian and a psychologist and an Internist and finally saw the surgeon 2 weeks ago. And now waiting for a date. Your journey will be much shorter. I started this process a year ago.
    What were your doc requirements?
    I sent you a friend request
  • PatriciaWhitesell
    PatriciaWhitesell Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    @Mrs Carrie, thank you. I'm pretty excited to start my journey too. I'm sure I will be on top of the world.
    This is a great group; lot's of support here.
  • NicholeBryan
    NicholeBryan Posts: 8 Member
    Options

Hello Nicole, I am in Ontario, Canada. My doc requirements; I have had every test there is to have! I have had a gastroscopy, an MRI an EEG and an ultrasound of my heart. I have had a stress test and seen a dietitian and a psychologist and an Internist and finally saw the surgeon 2 weeks ago. And now waiting for a date. Your journey will be much shorter. I started this process a year ago.
    What were your doc requirements?
    I sent you a friend request

Hello! I have also been through over a year of research before I began this process. I wanted to make sure I was making the right decision for me and my family. My requirements are: 6 months of nutritionist visits, EDG, 2 doc visits, food journal, low cal/carb high protein diet, blood work, psych eval and soon a 2 week liquid prepped diet. In all this time and thing required flew by. I have my 2nd to last nutritionist visit next week and then another July 5th. Then after that we submit to insurance. And they have 30 days to get back to us. Although most times it's within a few days/weeks. And thanks for the add