When to call the ambulance...

Options
2»

Replies

• LowCarb4Me2016
    LowCarb4Me2016 Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    That's pretty much how I ate through high school right up until diabetes kicked in. I struggled with it for awhile afterwards, too, until I figured out the LC thing.
  • Aquawave
    Aquawave Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Can we have a class action lawsuit?
  • AlexandraCarlyle
    AlexandraCarlyle Posts: 1,603 Member
    Options
    Aquawave wrote: »

I think that would be a very good idea....
  • Alaplum
    Alaplum Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Aquawave wrote: »

I think that would be a very good idea....

I think, in good part, this is why many are so reluctant to change their guidelines. They'd have to admit they've been giving such poor advice and perhaps open themselves up to lawsuits.
  • KenSmith108
    KenSmith108 Posts: 1,966 Member
    Options
    What's even more sad is that this would actually be an improvement for lots of people... would be a huge improvement for my sister
    lemurcat12 wrote: »
    I'm not even IR, and that menu strikes me as one that would leave me hungry. It's got no protein or vegetables at breakfast, is low protein, and probably not that many vegetables at lunch (whatever goes in the pita, I guess), and an okay but kind of high carb dinner. Snacks have some additional protein, at least, but again high carb and NOT particularly high fiber. Lame.

I totally agree. Especially with that last part!

Could you picture what compliance rate they would get with a keto level diet.
    Just give up your 500/600 carbs cold turkey & enjoy this shinny new pill.

For my first 25 years or so the ADA diet & meds worked somewhat.
    Then the slope gets too steep, tons of meds & the control goes out the window.

>:) or o:)