Please help

Options
lorisisler
lorisisler Posts: 67 Member
I'm 9 months post op. Since month 6 I've only lost 6 lbs. I've upped calories to see if that would help. It hasnt. I've started exercisin more that hasn't helped either. Stat's
Hw 317 March 2016
Sw 266 sept 2016
Current weight today 183.6. Is this normal?

Replies

• Shull_rachael
    Shull_rachael Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    Have you talked to your dr? Maybe they could give you some advice?
  • lorisisler
    Options

Yeah. He wanted to give me diet pills or switch me to bypass
  • JamesAztec
    JamesAztec Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    Diet pills? Wow. I'm guessing it's the TYPES of food, not the calories.
  • jcavanna2
    jcavanna2 Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    You may need to add more variety in both food and exercise..that's what happens to me sometimes.
  • NicoleL874
    NicoleL874 Posts: 684 Member
    Options
    Look up barifit.com Worked wonders for me!
  • Shull_rachael
    Shull_rachael Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    lorisisler wrote: »

Yeah. He wanted to give me diet pills or switch me to bypass

Wow switching to the bypass seems extreme. But I'm not sure your hieght. My doctor wants me at 180 and I'm 5'5. My personal goal is 125 though.
  • lorisisler
    Options
    NicoleL874 wrote: »
    Look up barifit.com Worked wonders for me!

Thank you!
  • Elyseinchi
    Elyseinchi Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I would try going back to the basics.... shakes and water... diligent about your eating.... Still you are losing... look how much you have lost already... I would listen to the others and try different sites / different foods and go back to the basics. Good luck.
  • sexygatubela77
    sexygatubela77 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Similar stats to yours here! Up your protein. I'm back to basically a pre-surgery diet for 2 weeks to break a stall and it's working. Talk to your nutritionist to see what he/she recommends.
  • clcmfp
    clcmfp Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    What percentage of your intake is carbs? The higher mine are, the slower the weight comes off.
  • fit_chickx
    fit_chickx Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    I'm 9 months post op. Since month 6 I've only lost 6 lbs. I've upped calories to see if that would help. It hasnt. I've started exercisin more that hasn't helped either. Stat's
    Hw 317 March 2016
    Sw 266 sept 2016

Congratulations on losing 83 pounds in 9 months! whoop whoop! Stalls and weight gains simply suck.

I stalled in my third month out. I had, to be honest with myself. I changed my food and exercise commitment.

Did your surgical team evaluate your food log and exercise? offer suggestions to help break your stall? Or did they go straight to advising pills and revision?

• lorisisler
    Options
    fit_chickx wrote: »
    Hw 317 March 2016
    Sw 266 sept 2016

Congratulations on losing 83 pounds in 9 months! whoop whoop! Stalls and weight gains simply suck.

I stalled in my third month out. I had, to be honest with myself. I changed my food and exercise commitment.

Did your surgical team evaluate your food log and exercise? offer suggestions to help break your stall? Or did they go straight to advising pills and revision?

Right to pills