Biscuits and Gravy? Yes, plz

Options
JessicaLCHF
JessicaLCHF Posts: 1,265 Member
Now I just need a tried and true sausage gravy recipe. I have one that's basically sausage and cream cheese but anyone have a favorite one? Cheddar Biscuits from the recipe on the back of the Carbquik box. Supposed to make ten at 2 net carbs each, but it actually made 12 in my whoppie pie pan. They aren't the real thing, but they aren't bad (esp with a lot of butter on them, lol). 6err7d9tloa0.jpg

Replies

• elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,287 Member
    Options
    fry your sausage ....add cream cheese... add chicken stock to thin.. pepper there ya go.
  • pitbullmamaliz
    pitbullmamaliz Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Bless all of you. I've been missing sausage gravy and biscuits. I'll have to look up those CarbQuick biscuits.
  • EryOaker
    EryOaker Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    Yum!!!
  • JessicaLCHF
    Options
    fry your sausage ....add cream cheese... add chicken stock to thin.. pepper there ya go.

That's pretty much the recipe I found. I'm gonna try it. One of these days I'll have to buy some of that z-long word-gum and figure out how to use it.
  • JessicaLCHF
    Options
    Bless all of you. I've been missing sausage gravy and biscuits. I'll have to look up those CarbQuick biscuits.

It's my hubby's favorite all time meal. I'm glad I'll be able to make it for him. My grocery store used to sell Carbquik but stopped - so I just Amazon it.
  • pitbullmamaliz
    pitbullmamaliz Posts: 303 Member
    Options

How much cream cheese are we talking? Whole block? Because this sounds so stupidly easy that even I couldn't manage to eff it up.

• macchiatto
    macchiatto Posts: 2,890 Member
    Options
    Whoa, that is a great idea.
    I even have a box of Carbquik, though I haven't used it much!
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Kinda makes me throw up a little in my mouth, lol First time I ever saw it was when we took a trip along the Gulf Coast from LA to FL the year before Katrina. It was on a breakfast buffet at a hotel in Biloxi. Now cheese grits and greens I could go for. Come to think of it.... that was the last time I ever saw it too.
  • RalfLott
    RalfLott Posts: 5,036 Member
    Options
    @canadjineh, that brings up back sweet memories from a whole mess of motels on a Florida trip with my 90-yo FIL last winter. He made sounds like his reproducin' days were back in full swing when he dug into that stuff.
  • CrispyStars3
    CrispyStars3 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Mmmmm.... biscuits and gravy! (maybe later)
    What I really want to focus on is this in bold:
    Now I just need a tried and true sausage gravy recipe. I have one that's basically sausage and cream cheese but anyone have a favorite one? Cheddar Biscuits from the recipe on the back of the Carbquik box. Supposed to make ten at 2 net carbs each, but it actually made 12 in my whoppie pie pan. They aren't the real thing, but they aren't bad (esp with a lot of butter on them, lol).

Is there a keto version of Whoopie Pies!? :o:#
  • Aquawave
    Aquawave Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Hardee's Biscuits with Gravy! Used to eat it at all the time. Made me what I am today, diabetic. Just remembering the taste makes me salivate. Now, that was good eating!
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options

That's pretty much the recipe I found. I'm gonna try it. One of these days I'll have to buy some of that z-long word-gum and figure out how to use it.

@JessicaLCHF - Xantham Gum can be bought in tiny packets like yeast either in the Gluten Free section or baking section of most major grocers. I think the brand I got was in a red packet (I wanna say Hogden Farms or something like that, maybe Bob's Red Mill), and they were about a tsp or two each, so multiple servings, about 50 cents each, so it's super easy to try out... You don't have to invest money or order online to try it... But sprinkle and stir QUICKLY, or it will clump like cornstarch...and never come unglued... I don't think you can make a slurry like cornstarch, though... Likely sprinkle and immediately whisk, etc.
  • KnitOrMiss
    Options
    Another sausage mixup that's not sausage gravy exactly, is 1 tube sausage, 1 package cream cheese, 1 can rotel diced tomatoes. Melt together and serve...as preferred. I think it would be FAB on these type of biscuits.
  • KnitOrMiss
    Options
    Mmmmm.... biscuits and gravy! (maybe later)
    What I really want to focus on is this in bold:
    Now I just need a tried and true sausage gravy recipe. I have one that's basically sausage and cream cheese but anyone have a favorite one? Cheddar Biscuits from the recipe on the back of the Carbquik box. Supposed to make ten at 2 net carbs each, but it actually made 12 in my whoppie pie pan. They aren't the real thing, but they aren't bad (esp with a lot of butter on them, lol).

Is there a keto version of Whoopie Pies!? :o:#

@CrispyStars3 - I know there is a keto version of Oreos, so I've no idea why not. Just google the word Keto before any recipe name/type of food, and chances are someone out there has tried it...
  • JessicaLCHF
    edited June 2017
    Options
    KnitOrMiss wrote: »
    Another sausage mixup that's not sausage gravy exactly, is 1 tube sausage, 1 package cream cheese, 1 can rotel diced tomatoes. Melt together and serve...as preferred. I think it would be FAB on these type of biscuits.
    KnitOrMiss wrote: »

@JessicaLCHF - Xantham Gum can be bought in tiny packets like yeast either in the Gluten Free section or baking section of most major grocers. I think the brand I got was in a red packet (I wanna say Hogden Farms or something like that, maybe Bob's Red Mill), and they were about a tsp or two each, so multiple servings, about 50 cents each, so it's super easy to try out... You don't have to invest money or order online to try it... But sprinkle and stir QUICKLY, or it will clump like cornstarch...and never come unglued... I don't think you can make a slurry like cornstarch, though... Likely sprinkle and immediately whisk, etc.

Thanks to you for both! I'll def try each suggestion.