JUMP IN June 2017: Week 1 (6/1-6/7)

Replies

• samanthafinnie
    samanthafinnie Posts: 29 Member
    I am starting back on keto after being off for a while.Since I'm starting out again,I want to keep my goal simple. Keep under 30 net carbs everyday. Ideally I want to be under 20 but I think this is a good starting goal.
  • kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    kpk54 wrote: »
    June 2
    No food tracking for the month. :)
    55 step jacks
    55 kick backs
    55 half squat walks
    25 half wipers
    5 minutes of basic stretches
    Home project was cleaning out all the webs in the corners of the vaulted ceiilings. :) I'm really not into step tracking but it is a way to get me off the recliner. I did 10,030 today ~6000 of which were walking to the grocery store to get some half and half.The rest were just 'round the house sort of stuff.

Where are the other step jackers?
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    edited June 2017
    Two days down and both on track. Cals were a little two low after breakfast and lunch and I was hungry in the late afternoon and tempted to snack (I often have dinner late) but part of being on track for me is not snacking so I resisted. (I think if I hadn't been eating lots of carbs on Monday/Tuesday I would have been less tempted.) I had planned to eat a low carb rhubarb crisp I was trying out for dessert, but even though I had the cals I did not have enough carbs and I'm trying to be strict with my goal this month so I decided to wait until tomorrow. (Fat was stupidly low in the morning which is why cals were too low and why I was hungry. Better planning going forward!)

Rest day today (decent amount of walking, though), but going to hit my planned runs this weekend.

I looked at the Mark's Daily Apple June activities and that looks like a fun thing to incorporate and I think I'm going to try to do that too, although it would mean a dip in Lake Michigan tomorrow -- I dunno if I can manage that. ;-)
  • baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,948 Member
    Where have I even been?
    6/1: Arm Day-whew!
    6/2: Leg Day- more whew!

I'm surprisingly not as sore as I thought, considering I went into Leg Day sore to begin with. We'll see what crops up after my long walk today. Sunny day. Gonna put on some shorts and a sleeveless shirt and get some vit D on while I catch up on NPR.
  • tishsmith101
    tishsmith101 Posts: 1,574 Member
    6/1 under 4000 steps, ugh
    6/2 5600, better but not there yet
    Going hiking with some friends today, that should help!
  • lemurcat12
    "two low"? I really should not post so late, weirdo typos!

I'm going to try to try out all the Mark's Daily Apple suggestions, but be flexible about the days (which is my way of saying I can't fit in a dip into the lake today, but tomorrow should be possible). ;-)

Your beach running is inspirational, macchiatto.
  • retirehappy
    retirehappy Posts: 4,752 Member
    baconslave wrote: »
    I don't know what to do with myself. Just keep on being the harda$$ I've been trying to be as of late? Working out every day. Strength 3x a week, walks, cardio, or HIIT on the other days. I'd like to up my weights, but I have a ceiling I can't break. And it's dumb but DH refuses to let me get heavier dumbbells or KBs. I'll just have to do more reps when I get there. *insert epic eyeroll* "You're gonna get all bulky." PWAHAHAHAAA! He's super intelligent, but I think it's a mental block. Maybe he just doesn't want me to get stronger than him. I have up to a 30lb KB, so if push comes to shove I can do single-arm work with it, but that things is God-awful awkward. And of course I can put multiples of them in a backpack for leg work. But I like to follow videos, it's easy and keeps me compliant. I get bored with things easily. I have a set of heavier adjustable dumbells picked out for when he changes his mind.

Check places like Craig's list, garage sales, etc. I am sure you can find inexpensive dumbbell set up to 40 lbs.total. Why does he get to tell you what weights you should be working with, some how that doesn't sound like you. You are pretty kicka$$ most of the time here.
  • kpk54
    No food tracking. Thumbs up to that.
    60 step jacks plus 60 of the other 3
    5 min. stretch
    Cleaned/removed those doggone spiders and crap at the entry. Another 2 story job.
    11706 steps ~9000 of which were a walk to the grocery store and to the library so purposeful movement and the rest just around the house. I'm done.

• sisterlilbunny
    sisterlilbunny Posts: 691 Member
    Crud where are we? The 3rd? Okay on it!

6/1 - W2D1 Zombies, RUN! C25K, Day 1 of FWFG yoga,
    6/2 - Migraine (damnit) but still got 1.5 hrs of gardening in really REALLY late in the day
    6/3 - W2D2 Zombies, RUN! C25k, Day 2 of FWFG yoga. Also about killed myself today gardening. Nearly 4 hours of hand tilling, laying out cover, moving dirt/mulch and putting some beautiful plants in. I think I'm gonna find a machine for the back section I have yet to do. My hands are shredded and I think my arms will be too!
  • baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,948 Member
    Bump
  • lemurcat12
    Annoyed with myself because I blew it last night merely because I wanted to avoid embarrassment. We were at an Ethiopian place which is almost perfect for low carbing if you ask for a fork, impossible if not, and I didn't want to look like a weirdo who needed a fork OR deal with my friends asking what was up since they know I normally use the injera, so I went with a plan and then in the moment wimped out. Gah. Need to get better.

Today is good, though, and I started the morning food prepping for what will be a busy week with travel, so yay for that. Need to get my planned run this evening to work off the injera.
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,101 Member
    Sorry I got lost! Just coming off of vacation and need to tighten up my carbs! So glad to have everyone's support!
  • kpk54
    Great day! Cleaned the whole doggone house including some windows. Explored a new Ap, S-Health, (on Samsung phone). It has a food diay. Had to try it out so bombed on not recording food today.

65 step jacks as well as 65 of the other 3. 5 minute stretch. Walked to the library again to get my reserved book, "Diet Cults" :p
  • JustDeke
    JustDeke Posts: 53 Member
    Just joined the group. Excited to be here! My goals for June:
    Log every meal.
    Get at least 3x workouts a week in.
    Hit 70lbs lost.
    nill4me wrote: »
    Start walking again so i can finish this damn 28hr audiobook i downloaded....in my lifetime.
    Assuming you're using Audible, you can change the playback speed to 1.25x normal. It will take your brain about five minutes to adjust, (and once it does you'll never notice it again), but you get through books much faster.
  • bluets2011
    bluets2011 Posts: 241 Member
    June is going well so far. Kept all the changes I've made back in may. Logging everything, eating low carb, gym everyday plus 15.000 steps and cold showers. Praying to God my discipline and determination will keep getting stronger. I had a birthday party yesterday and just ate within my food list and kept to my calories (roughly, couldn't weight the food there lol). Not on that level yet :-). Happy and healthy June everyone!
  • travelistadiva
    travelistadiva Posts: 52 Member
    Today is the first day of LTGKTB 21 day fitness challenge. My goal is to keep going till June 30th. Working my way up to a 60 day challenge. Rules of challenge are:
    1. Do the video workouts 5 days a week
    2. Eat low carb no more than 25 grams of carbs a day
    3. Track all food
    4. Drink 1/2 gallon of water working up to gallon a day
  • Roughmatch
    Roughmatch Posts: 4 Member
    Just starting "Jump-In June" ... My goals are to plan ahead and log my intake. I have not done this with any regularity before (hence my stop/start weight loss). Oh ... and to eat my green leafy veggies (and that's it for carbs daily!)
This discussion has been closed.