Me Vs The Binge -- June 2017 Challenge

lamlamsmakeover
lamlamsmakeover Posts: 6,574 Member
Well this challenge is a challenge with yourself. The challenge is for you to win in the fight against "The Binge". Many of us struggle with binging and a few of us have found that making "The Binge" a person has helped us fight the emotions or urge to binge.

The objective of the challenge is to have more days for you (Me) than the "The Binge".

When you have a day you do not succumb to binge urges or binge give yourself (ME) a point. When you give in to the urge to binge you give 'The Binge" a point. No beating yourself up about it because tomorrow is another day. Honesty with yourself is crucial for it to help you and others.

So we keep score with ourselves the whole month. We encourage each other along the way. Please feel free to share your ups, downs, successes, struggles, etc. You will find you are not alone. See below for format. Feel free to use it or use your own format. This Challenge keeps you mindful of binging and the daily support and accountability helps also.

Check in often. The more you check and share the better you will do for the month. So are you in? You are stronger than “The Binge.” One day at a time.

Current month 2017:
Me (or you can use your user name or real name) - 0
The Binge - 0

Replies

• branbuds
    branbuds Posts: 624 Member
    June 1

Me: 1
    Binge: 0

DBF: 10
  • Nevadaden
    Nevadaden Posts: 971 Member
    June 1

The B: 0
  • mae918
    mae918 Posts: 742 Member
    B: 0
    B-day: 4
  • Moxie42
    Moxie42 Posts: 1,400 Member
    DBF: 4
  • totaldetermination
    totaldetermination Posts: 1,184 Member
    June 1

Me:0
    TB: 1
    DBF:0
  • hillmike56
    hillmike56 Posts: 485 Member
    Binge: 1
    BW: 67-25
    DBF: 1

So sick of the BINGE kicking my *kitten* after a good streak. Sometimes it seems like success is something the BINGE uses against me. Hey Mike your doing so good lets party! I'd use the F* word here to respond to the BINGE but MFP would probably remove me from the LIST. But you guys have been there you know!
  • lamlamsmakeover
    hillmike56 wrote: »
    Binge: 1
    BW: 67-25

So sick of the BINGE kicking my *kitten* after a good streak. Sometimes it seems like success is something the BINGE uses against me. Hey Mike your doing so good lets party! I'd use the F* word here to respond to the BINGE but MFP would probably remove me from the LIST. But you guys have been there you know!

Yes, we all have streaks like that. May was not good for me. Just take one day at a time. We are all in this together.
  • lamlamsmakeover
    Welcome everyone!
  • lamlamsmakeover
    June 1

• Nevadaden
    Nevadaden Posts: 971 Member
    At least you had a string of double digits beast-free, @hillmike56. I was trying to hold the line at 5 for the month, but didn't make it. Trying again in June!
  • mae918
    Me: 2
    B-day: 5
  • branbuds
    June 2

Me: 2

DBF: 11

@hillmike56 - I get those same thoughts: "I am doing so well I can afford a binge" "just this once". Hang in there and rebuild your streak.
  • totaldetermination
    June 2

Binges
    Me:1
    DBF:1

Days of controlled eating
    (me vs. the binge baby, and days in control)
    Me:0
    TBb:2
    DIC:0

• hillmike56
    edited June 2017
    Binge: 2
    BW: 67-26

I liked the way MFP sanitized my language. Wish they could do the same against my BINGE! The "puppy" won another one last night. Oh yes that helps!
  • hillmike56
    @lamlam2013 someone shared with me in a message you had a streak of like 300+ days in our battle? I've seen some great ones in my 1/2 of year here now. I guess I'm just hoping at some point a streak becomes a habit that I don't have to constantly think about each and every day!
  • totaldetermination
    June 3

Binges
    Me:2
    DBF:2

Days of controlled eating
    (me vs. the binge baby, and days in control)
    Me:1
    TBb:2
    DIC:1
  • branbuds
    June 3

Me: 3

DBF: 12
  • lamlamsmakeover
    June 3

Me: 3

DBF: 3
    hillmike56 wrote: »
    @lamlam2013 someone shared with me in a message you had a streak of like 300+ days in our battle? I've seen some great ones in my 1/2 of year here now. I guess I'm just hoping at some point a streak becomes a habit that I don't have to constantly think about each and every day!

Yes, I did! That's how I met my weight loss goal. I've since fallen off the wagon a bit but determined to get a new streak going like that! Remember the battle is one day at a time.
  • hillmike56
    Binge: 3
    BW: 67-27
  • mae918
    Me: 4
    B-day: 6