June Challenge

Options
samlovesthesnow
samlovesthesnow Posts: 173 Member
1st June: 144.4
Goal for end of June: 142

Last month I enjoyed the alternative challenges! This month I will...
Train for my fastest ever 5K (on 2nd July)
Try stand up paddle board yoga for the first time
Submit my latest research to a journal
Complete at least 4 hours of CPD (and log it)
Learn how to lose weight while visitors are here, and make sure they still have a great time!

Replies

• SheilAnneSmith
    SheilAnneSmith Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Great goals!

June 1: 261
    Goal: 250

Other June Goals:
    -Hit a few trails for weekend hikes with my husband
    -Be consistent in both steps and calories
    -Schedule a doctor's appointment, it's been a year and would be nice to talk to her a bit about starting to TTC soon.
    -Smile (de-stress)

• VeryKatie
    VeryKatie Posts: 5,949 Member
    Options
    June goals:

-Have baby.
    -(Watch others) build fence.
    -(Watch others) build patio.
    -Try to get my freaking work project done before mat leave!!
  • marianlyn
    marianlyn Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    June goals

1. Maintain weight (+/-2lbs) starting at 184
    2. Stay active on vacation (hit step goal 8/20 days)
    3. Find 3 new recipes that should be morning-sickness resistant! (And I welcome suggestions!)
  • krizaten33
    krizaten33 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    June. Here you are...May was....a bit of an over busy mess. I am getting through a cold and working on some more work life balance.
    Starting weight...180.4 ( wow. thats bad.)
    Ending goal. 176.0
    - get back on track with eating, gluten free, low sugar.
    - track
    - keep moving
    - be healthy
    -get back into a groove.
    -not be so bummed when if im not pregnant each month!
  • Kirstie155
    Kirstie155 Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    June goal: get pregnant!!
    Um, also maybe lose some weight. I'm getting fluffy again and both of our sclaes are dead. Ugh.
  • Alioth
    Alioth Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm new.
    June goal:
    Lose 3 lbs
    Cut back on alcohol.
    Work out at least 2x's a week.
    Track calorie intake.
  • 1fit_mamma
    1fit_mamma Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Welcome @Alioth! They seem like pretty achievable goals which is great, good luck!!

June Goals:
    - Start counting calories again
    - Reintroduce healthy food including green smoothies (if morning sickness passes...please!)
    - Maintain weight
    - Hit 10k steps 5/7 days, gym classes a bonus
    - Do pelvic floor exercises 3x daily

The hardest one on this list...the pelvic floor exercises lol. I hate doing them but pretty important when pregnant! Feels so weird, maybe because I'm weak again after a year of avoiding...oops. Is anyone doing them regularly?
  • VeryKatie
    Options
    @Alioth Welcome to the group! I see you found the spreadsheet so that's good. Let me know if you have any questions about it. Good luck with your goals :)
  • jennamae102
    jennamae102 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Happy June!

Goals for the month:

-gain 2-3 pounds (I guess?) I was 162.5 when I got pregnant and the scale has been hovering around 165-165.5 - so end June around 167-168
    -EXERCISE - I think I worked out 3 times last month? 1 prenatal yoga DVD, 1 gym workout, 1 long walk with dog...I really gotta up that to multiple times per week
    -make it through our master bathroom remodel without killing my husband or the contractor :)
  • Kirstie155
    Options
    Checking in, better late than never. June goal: 191.8...just 2 pounds in 2 weeks.
    Finally got new batteries in my scale this weekend, so I am able to weigh in again.

6/13: 193.8
  • VeryKatie
    Options
    VeryKatie wrote: »
    June goals:

-Have baby.
    -(Watch others) build fence.
    -(Watch others) build patio.
    -Try to get my freaking work project done before mat leave!!

I'm going to go ahead and not worry about that last one so much haha. I'll just do what I can do.
  • jennamae102
    Options
    Jumped on the scale this morning and was already up to 168! That would be 3 pounds in one week, which if I weren't pregnant I would assume is an increase due to a big dinner or lots of salt...but who knows! I haven't popped by any means, but my lower abdomen is starting to stick out more each day and is closing in on my belly fat haha. Hopefully soon it will be a clear bump.

Otherwise, our bathroom remodel started yesterday and it was so exciting to stand in the room after all of the demo was done yesterday and start to see how everything will look! Hopefully the next 2 weeks will be pretty smooth and not too stressful.
  • Kirstie155
    Options
    Katie, I would not worry about work anymore lady, youre on your way out! I do hope you are planning on sharing your birth story with us, I LOVE reading them :)

Oh Jenna, I know how that must feel strange gaining that much in a week but try not to worry about it. Lots of things are happening in your body and I guarantee it wasn't a 3# of fat gain!
    Hope the bathroom remodel goes well, can we have pictures?

Did I say somewhere only have dessert once a week? Thats funny, ha..I had dessert with my lunch. Has anyone tried Halo Top? Mmmm. Low carbs, low calories and pretty tasty. Ive tried Salted caramel, vanilla bean and lemon cake. I think vanilla was my favorite, but they were all tasty. At Almost $5 a pint, I try not to buy them too often. The store by my work sells all the flavors (got some at lunch today!) but by my house I have a smaller selection so I don't get it at home much because otherwise it would melt before I got home.
  • pezhed
    pezhed Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    I'm late joining the challenge again, but with my triathlon being over on Saturday I'm going to start eating a deficit again and try to lose a couple pounds before seeing hubby's family in NY over the 4th. I don't know why I care--they definitely don't!--but I was pretty chubby the last time I saw them at Christmas and want to look better this time. I also want to get a new bikini, hehe.

So, this morning I weighed 125.5 and my goal range is 120-125. My end of June goal is 121. Hopefully I can do that. Yesterday I ate sushi AND Thai food so I'm sure some of my weight this morning was water!

@Kirstie155 I've been curious about Halo Top but have a hard time with weird sweeteners mentally, but maybe I should get some for work. I'm obsessed with ice cream and usually just eat a serving size of the real deal, but sometimes more would be nice!
    @jennamae102 Don't worry about the weight gain! I'm sure your hormones are doing funky things to your body and that isn't real gain.
  • samlovesthesnow
    samlovesthesnow Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    1st June 144.4
    16th June 151!!!

Goal end of June 142

So I'm not going to make my goal!! Aim is damage limitation. I have guests for the whole month and we are eating out a lot. I also have lots of treats in the house that I wouldn't normally have. Need to use a bit of will power to resist, then get back to my usual routine as soon as the guests have gone!

@pezhed Best of luck with the triathlon!
  • Kirstie155
    Options
    Update on Halo Top: chocolate is my current favorite :) I dont have any issues with the sweeteners that they use, I hope you dont either Amanda!
    Weighed in today at 191.0! My goal through the month was 191.8, so pretty pleased about that. Its all water weight and bloat since Im eating right again after a month of not giving a kitten and eating whatever I want. I think the scale will level off here for the next two weeks and hopefully drop another pound?

Amanda you are doing amazing! Youre so close to goal, those last pounds can be quite difficult (so Ive heard...never been that close myself).
    Sam, having guests that long can certainly be difficult on the wasteline-just do your best and enjoy the company :)
  • Alioth
    Alioth Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    You guys are doing fantastic!
  • pezhed
    pezhed Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    @samlovesthesnow Ugh that is tough with the guests. So bittersweet. Nice to have them around but so hard to eat the way you normally do. Just have fun and I'm sure after they're gone you'll shed water weight in no time! You can only do so much actual damage in a month's time! That's for the good luck wish!

@Kirstie155 I tried cookies and cream yesterday and really liked it! I think I'm just going to keep pints at work and maybe it will motivate me to actually want to come in. Maybe? Great progress on the loss! Yayyy!!!
  • jennamae102
    Options
    @Kirstie155 @pezhed I'm not thinking too much about the weight gain, just thought it was funny since I said I thought I'd gain 3 pounds in the month and instead did it in a week. I'll have to check again this week, but I'm trying not too look at the scale too much! The belly seems to be popping out a little more every day, so its totally expected that I would start packing on some pounds now.

And Kirstie, yes I'll have to post some before/after pictures after everything is done! The crew is cruising right along, so hopefully it will be completed early next week! No more 70s style pink sink & pink toilet for me :)
  • 1fit_mamma
    1fit_mamma Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Late to the June party but better late than never right!? Popped my goals up a week ago but got a fresh run of morning sickness so put my head in the sand again. Felt slightly better today and really need make an effort to focus on better nutrition...I've been terrible this time!

I've out on 4lb at 10 weeks (my tactic was to eat the nausea away...not sure it worked and now I feel huge!) so would love that to taper off by eating maintenance plus my extra first trimester portion and moving more.

Good luck with the goals (or revised goals) everyone, sounds like it's going pretty well!!
This discussion has been closed.