***WORK IT OUT*** - Summer 2017 - Weeks 1 & 2 Discussion

Options

Replies

• laura9400
    laura9400 Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    I'm doing YouV2 the new Beachbody workout. It's perfect for what I need and where I am right now. Plus it's tons of fun.
  • krishnahari84
    krishnahari84 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Yesterday I finished my week 1 of c25k. Also did an hr of yoga/Pilates class in my gym. It's been 10days since I joined the gym and I have made it 8 days. I was losing weight before I joined. But I have put on an lb or two after joining. Now it seems to come down gradually.
  • blairmohr
    blairmohr Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I have been walking 2 miles with my husband nightly, but with the weather here in Arizona creeping above 100 degrees, I need to find something indoors. I plan to buy a workout video. Any suggestions on a video that would be for someone who is just getting back into working out?

I have used "Leslie Sansone: Walk Slim - 5 Really Big Miles" and it works. It has different sections you can choose from or do the entire video and it comes with a resistance band. I loved doing it when it was too hot outside, I'm in Houston, TX so completely understand the heat. The only reason I stopped is because I moved and can't find the DVD, but plan on buying again.
  • obrncaroline
    obrncaroline Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    julie_emma wrote: »
    debisjazz wrote: »
    I am just starting my exercise program.
    Day one of Couch to 5K yesterday...I love running, used to do it alot and I'm excited to get back into it.
    I will also be working out at home, no equipment, and I want to find YouTube videos to follow until I find something I love. Starting this tonight with my 12 year old daughter. Very excited for this as well. :smile:

If you like zumba, I can share with you a couple of links to my zumba workouts on youtube... it is basically a playlist I did with my favorite zumba videos and I follow along as I would in a real live zumba class...

I would like this! I love zumba!

Try this one....

Zumba workout 2:
  • blairmohr
    Options
    Currently I'm doing walking/running intervals for at least 2 miles Mon-Fri, but getting a little hot so need a new plan soon. And I'm going to the gym on Saturday and Sunday for the weight machines. Everyone tells me I need a rest day, but as long as I see results and don't do the same thing all 7 days I'm going to keep going as I am.
    I also just started a more structured meal plan that consists something every 3 hours: egg whites for breakfast; a protein shake 3 hours later; 4 oz of good protein, 1 cup of veggies, 2/3 cup of starch for lunch; another protein shake 3 hours later; 4 oz of good protein, 2 cups of veggies for dinner.
  • dbackgrammy
    dbackgrammy Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    blairmohr wrote: »
    I have been walking 2 miles with my husband nightly, but with the weather here in Arizona creeping above 100 degrees, I need to find something indoors. I plan to buy a workout video. Any suggestions on a video that would be for someone who is just getting back into working out?

I have used "Leslie Sansone: Walk Slim - 5 Really Big Miles" and it works. It has different sections you can choose from or do the entire video and it comes with a resistance band. I loved doing it when it was too hot outside, I'm in Houston, TX so completely understand the heat. The only reason I stopped is because I moved and can't find the DVD, but plan on buying again.

Thanks for the info, Janine. I'm in Arizona and I am definitely going to look into this one for those days I can't make it to the gym.
  • motivatedsister
    motivatedsister Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    @tlee278 is planet fitness open 24 hours?

@blairmohr how many calories are your protein shakes each?
  • blairmohr
    Options
    @tlee278 is planet fitness open 24 hours?

@blairmohr how many calories are your protein shakes each?

They're 140 calories (kind of a lot I think) but it has 25g of protein. And combined with my other food and exercise I'm still able to stay under my daily goal. I also go to planet fitness and mines open 24 hrs, but you might check with the gym by you.
  • SmithsonianEmpress
    SmithsonianEmpress Posts: 1,163 Member
    Options
    Tonight's Hump Day Workout....THANKS BARB :# I soaked in cold water because I already feel the pain. EEK!

5 minute - 5.5 mph - Treadmill Run

10 - 20lb Dumbbell swings - American style
    10 - Right leg split squat - 20lb dumbbells
    10 - Left leg split squat - 20lb dumbbells
    (X3)

~5 minute - 5.5 mph - Treadmill Run~

10 - 20lb Dumbbell swings - Russian style
    30lb Seated leg curl - 10 ea. leg
    10 - Weighted step ups - 10lb dumbbells
    (X3)

10 - Weighted hip thrusts - 20lbs
    10 - Deadlifts - 20lb dumbbells
    10 - Alternating reverse leg lunges - 10lb dumbbells
    (X 3)

Done and done :blush:
  • NelsonKatelyn
    NelsonKatelyn Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Here's my current routine from my trainer. I try to get to the gym at least 3-4 times a week:

Jump rope 1min
    Dumbbell squats w/shoulder press - 10lbs x 12
    Dumbbell hammer curls - 12lbs x 12
    COMPLETE 3 TIMES
    (x3)

Ball slam burpees - 15lb sandball x 10
    Bench dips x 15
    Bicycle crunches x 30
    (x3)

Push ups x 15 (I still have to do them on knees!!)
    Dumbbell bent over row - 15lbs x 12
    Bosu ball crunches x 50
    (x3)

Quick but very effective!!
  • SmithsonianEmpress
    Options
    Here's my current routine from my trainer. I try to get to the gym at least 3-4 times a week:

Jump rope 1min
    COMPLETE 3 TIMES
    (x3)

Bench dips x 15
    Bicycle crunches x 30
    (x3)

Bosu ball crunches x 50
    (x3)

Nice! I like it; may try this workout this weekend ... minus the burpees ... I don't do burpees ... I despise them :-1:
  • NelsonKatelyn
    NelsonKatelyn Posts: 120 Member
    Options

Jump rope 1min
    COMPLETE 3 TIMES
    (x3)

Bench dips x 15
    Bicycle crunches x 30
    (x3)

Bosu ball crunches x 50
    (x3)

Nice! I like it; may try this workout this weekend ... minus the burpees ... I don't do burpees ... I despise them :-1:

LOL! I hate them too. I can't physically do a real one...I've tried. When it comes to throwing my feet back after I put my hands on the ground, NOPE. I might as well just bang my face into the floor. I have to do one leg at a time!
  • SmithsonianEmpress
    Options

Jump rope 1min
    COMPLETE 3 TIMES
    (x3)

Bench dips x 15
    Bicycle crunches x 30
    (x3)

Bosu ball crunches x 50
    (x3)

LOL! I hate them too. I can't physically do a real one...I've tried. When it comes to throwing my feet back after I put my hands on the ground, NOPE. I might as well just bang my face into the floor. I have to do one leg at a time!

Ahhhhhh! I never knew there was a modified version....HOW CLEVER...well in that case I may try them now. They just literally make me feel like I am about to die and instead of getting discouraged and angry I omit them. Thanks for the tip :smiley:
  • bribucks
    bribucks Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    I have been going to my gym since about February, but I am trying to go more often and be more consistent with it.

Right now, what I do is cardio. I'm not a big fan of the treadmill (I'm only 22 but it somehow still hurts my knees!). My favorite machine is the Precor Crossramp, which is like an elliptical and a stepper had a love child. You can crank up the incline super high and it really works your legs!

I am going to try to start adding more weights & strength machines into my routine. I don't really know what I'm doing with most of the machines at the gym, but I need to learn because I have NO motivation to workout if I am home. Right now I have very limited upper body strength, especially in my shoulders. I would like to work on that.

efx_813_3q_1.jpg
  • LynnJ9
    LynnJ9 Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    I bought the Julian Michaels 30 day shred. It has 3 20 minute workouts which increase in intensity. I am embarrassed to say, I cannot get through the entire 20 minutes of the lowest Level. I am not going to give up though, if I get a little further each day, I am going to consider that a success. I do take a 2 mile brisk walk 5 days a week.
  • SmithsonianEmpress
    Options
    I bought the Julian Michaels 30 day shred. It has 3 20 minute workouts which increase in intensity. I am embarrassed to say, I cannot get through the entire 20 minutes of the lowest Level. I am not going to give up though, if I get a little further each day, I am going to consider that a success. I do take a 2 mile brisk walk 5 days a week.

I just completed the Shred last month and I started off the same way. You WILL get stronger. Trust me. I enjoyed workout 2 more than 1 and then 3 more than 2. It just appeared things got better as time went on. Modify it. You can do it!
  • blairmohr
    Options

I just completed the Shred last month and I started off the same way. You WILL get stronger. Trust me. I enjoyed workout 2 more than 1 and then 3 more than 2. It just appeared things got better as time went on. Modify it. You can do it!

I've done the Shred and I couldn't do the last session due to coordination issues. Lol. I'll admit the workout worked but I cursed her the entire time. It helped. Haha.
  • SmithsonianEmpress
    Options

I've done the Shred and I couldn't do the last session due to coordination issues. Lol. I'll admit the workout worked but I cursed her the entire time. It helped. Haha.

Lol! The double jump rope....I've never heard of it, couldn't do it and didn't even try to keep up with them.
  • TheCupcakeCounter
    TheCupcakeCounter Posts: 606 Member
    Options

Lol! The double jump rope....I've never heard of it, couldn't do it and didn't even try to keep up with them.

I've done those for realz! Like with the rope and everything! I maxed out at 3 in a row :p
  • SmithsonianEmpress
    Options

I've done those for realz! Like with the rope and everything! I maxed out at 3 in a row :p

OMG! I am laughing so hard at "3". I may try them this weekend with my jumprope just to see how "capable" I am. Jullian is nuts but effective.