June 9 Sign-In

Options
2»

Replies

• scubachick67
    scubachick67 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    late check in for me too, as its Saturday morning.

Yesterday was my third strike. :'(
    We have a family tradition of pizza and chips (fries, if you are west if the Atlantic). I had prepared to make a spinach and salmon frittata, but caved in once the pizza was cooked.
    Also, it was pelting rain all day so I got no exercises done. I'm lying on the couch now and trying to convince myself to go out for a run. Zero motivation and I feel like a failure.

I dont mind taking yesterday as a holiday, but the day I had avocado on toast with spinach still makes me mad!
  • azsundancer
    azsundancer Posts: 1,140 Member
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes Yes, yard work 80 mins and stationary bike 30 mins
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Yes
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yes
  • shauna30
    shauna30 Posts: 741 Member
    Options
    Exercise, yes for both the 8th and 9th. I'm hosting a family reunion at my house and have limited time available for exercise. I did a few body weight exercises like squats and planks before bed both nights.
    Calories, yes
    Tracking, yes
  • srufus
    srufus Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Late checkin for yesterday
    Exercise : Yes. Credit to my daughter for coming out on a walk with me. Overall not so bad day, almost 10k steps
    Calories : Yes, credit to the walk
    Tracking :Yes !

@scubachick67
    I have tried to lose weight many times, I have been overweight half my life and lost weight and gained it back so many times that I have lost track of it. The biggest issue with me is that once I stop being accountable it can take months for me to come back but you are so brave. You actually checked in and you are so honest. I think that is great. I am sure you will be on track today !
  • Slimpossible007
    Slimpossible007 Posts: 16,261 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    @scubachick67 I ditto what @craigo3154 said

honesty is most certainly the best way forward ..

we all slip
    we all have out off days
    we all have family traditions that must go on

The point is to make these fit into our every day life and being accountable for going over on calories or not exercising one day is the start ...

One day does not make or break a healthy lifestyle ... quitting because you have one bad day does

I don't see you quitting

well done :)

I particularly love this line Be part of the family and the traditions. They are part of who you are. and it brought a wee lump to my throat ... because it is soo soo true ..
  • WhineThyme
    WhineThyme Posts: 959 Member
    Options
    Pass 2