1234568»

Replies

• ssbbg
    ssbbg Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Also late with the introductions...
    Name: Louise
    Height: 5ft 6in
    Current Weight: 181 lbs (down about 30 lbs from the start of the year!)
    Challenge Goal Weight: 165 lbs (~1.5 lb/week)
    Ultimate Goal Weight: 145 lbs
    Goals: I just started the ridiculously named booty-ful beginnings program from the book Strong Curves. The total program is 12 weeks, so it matches this challenge perfectly. I am also doing some bike training- I ride my bike on a trainer 3X per week (using the program Zwift.) I'm trying to become a stronger biker, but I don't know what a reasonable goal is. My FTP is 130 W (this is a measure of your biking power, and my number is really low), so I'd like that number to get higher over the summer. I'm also trying to be more mindful about stretching. I really like to "win". Easy to win at biking, hard to win at stretching, so I tend to neglect it. :)
    My Motivation: Get stronger and faster and fit into the closet of clothes that don't fit.
  • Bann554
    Bann554 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Hello. My name is Barbara
    Age 65
    Weight 200lb
    Height 5' 5"
    Goal weight 150
    I have decreased my fat % by 2%, fat mass by 5 lbs and increased muscle mass by 3lbs in the 3.5 weeks. I started circuit 3x a week and Restorative Yoga 1x week. This is the first time I have fully committed to exercise. My goal is lose weight, be healthy and have a long happy life.
  • SmithsonianEmpress
    SmithsonianEmpress Posts: 1,163 Member
    Options
    ssbbg wrote: »
    Also late with the introductions...
    Name: Louise
    Height: 5ft 6in
    Current Weight: 181 lbs (down about 30 lbs from the start of the year!)
    Challenge Goal Weight: 165 lbs (~1.5 lb/week)
    Ultimate Goal Weight: 145 lbs
    Goals: I just started the ridiculously named booty-ful beginnings program from the book Strong Curves. The total program is 12 weeks, so it matches this challenge perfectly. I am also doing some bike training- I ride my bike on a trainer 3X per week (using the program Zwift.) I'm trying to become a stronger biker, but I don't know what a reasonable goal is. My FTP is 130 W (this is a measure of your biking power, and my number is really low), so I'd like that number to get higher over the summer. I'm also trying to be more mindful about stretching. I really like to "win". Easy to win at biking, hard to win at stretching, so I tend to neglect it. :)
    My Motivation: Get stronger and faster and fit into the closet of clothes that don't fit.

Hi Louise! I'm definitely interested in how that Strong Curves program pans out for you. Keep us posted in our workout discussion. You're not late at all. That you for joining us and good luck with your biking!
  • SmithsonianEmpress
    Options
    Bann554 wrote: »
    Hello. My name is Barbara
    Age 65
    Weight 200lb
    Height 5' 5"
    Goal weight 150
    I have decreased my fat % by 2%, fat mass by 5 lbs and increased muscle mass by 3lbs in the 3.5 weeks. I started circuit 3x a week and Restorative Yoga 1x week. This is the first time I have fully committed to exercise. My goal is lose weight, be healthy and have a long happy life.

Hello Barbara and welcome to our group. It's awesome you are now fully committed. Keep a positive outlook on life and positive changes will come.
  • SmithsonianEmpress
    Options
    blairmohr wrote: »
    Hi everyone! Sorry I'm behind on introductions, but better late then never. :)

Name: Blair
    Height: 5'4"
    Current Weight: 173lbs
    Challenge Goal Weight: ?? Not sure, maybe 160 lbs
    Ultimate Goal Weight: 145 lbs but I'm looking more for inches then weight
    Goals: To lose all the baby weight (I have a 9 months old), to have more will power to say no to fats and to make working out just a way of life instead of something I feel like I have to do.
    And to wear a bathing suit without a cover up and not want the lights off when with my husband.
    My Motivation: my 4 girls, my closet full of clothes and heals that I miss wearing, and taking family pictures I can proud of even printed as an 8x10

Hello Blair. Baby weight can be a killer, trust me I know. I love that you have 4 girls....beautiful family. That's motivation enough...being a great example of health :smile:
  • TheCupcakeCounter
    TheCupcakeCounter Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    Hi! This is my first time a community group like this. I am sort of anti social media but I really need help staying motivated so I thought I would give it a try.

Name: Lori
    Height: 5'6"
    Current weight: 279lbs
    Challenge goal weight: 250lbs I know it is lofty
    Ultimate goal weight: 170lbs
    Goal: I want to take back my life. I enjoy being active but due to problems with my feet I became less and less active and gained a lot of weight. My foot problems are fixed and now I want my body and flexibility back.
    Motivation: I want to look and feel sexy again. I am a girly girl and want to fit in the fun and sexy clothes I love.

This is my only social media as well - I'm more active than I anticipated being when I initially signed up just because there is so much support and people are really open to sharing ideas.
  • piperlily
    piperlily Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!
    I am very excited to be a part of this group. I've read through the intros and already feel the community and motivation.

Name: Piper
    Height: 5'9"
    Current weight: 271lbs
    Challenge goal weight: 250lbs
    Ultimate goal weight: 199lbs (it should be lower but if I can get under 200, I will be :) )

Goals: To live a happy, healthy life where I'm not feeling bad about my body and I can be the confident person I know I am.
    Motivation: I've struggled with my weight my entire life and with 40 1.5 years away I am feeling like it's now or never because I have to go into the next 40 years healthier.
  • Zulu87
    Zulu87 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Name: Zoe
    Height:5'8"
    CW: 230
    CGW: 200
    Ultimate GW: around 170.

Goals: To get back on track and find healthier ways to cope with mental health issues and be consistent. This summer I want to find a routine that is long term and manageable!!

Motivation: I'm a returning member and struggled a lot near the end of the previous challenge with life transitions so I'm committed to devoting more time for my wellbeing. I want to feel as strong as I felt when I was training in dance at University years ago! So here we go. I also have been struggling with mental health issues and i want to set healthy habits not slip into past coping that is self sabatoging.
    Consistency is my mantra this summer.
  • Doltonjay11
    Doltonjay11 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi sorry I'm late with the introduction! This is the first time I've done anything like this before.

Name: Carly
    Height: 5,7
    CW: 135lbs
    CGW: 126lbs
    UGW: 119lbs

Goals: To maintain a healthy relationship with food! To complete an exercise program (have started loads but never finished them!) Would love to start using weights.

Motivation: I have a holiday in September but also just want to be able to wear all my lovely clothes again and feel confident.

• SmithsonianEmpress
    Options
    Hi sorry I'm late with the introduction! This is the first time I've done anything like this before.

Name: Carly
    Height: 5,7
    CW: 135lbs
    CGW: 126lbs
    UGW: 119lbs

Goals: To maintain a healthy relationship with food! To complete an exercise program (have started loads but never finished them!) Would love to start using weights.

Motivation: I have a holiday in September but also just want to be able to wear all my lovely clothes again and feel confident.

Welcome Carly and thank you for joining us. Good luck on your goals. We are here to support your whenever you need it!
  • poppypixie
    poppypixie Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hey! I finally worked out how to get around this app and found the group!

Long story short, I have tracked food and followed a regular exercise routine (based around heavy lifting) in the past but I met my husband 7 years ago and that all sort of stopped. I don't think I've exercised regularly for around 5 years and my eating habits aren't the best.

Name: Charlotte
    Height: 5'3"
    Current weight: 125
    Goal weight: 115

Currently nearing the end of a house renovation and living with my parents so hard to commit to regular exercise, time wise. As soon as I'm back in my house I will get back to the gym because I really enjoy lifting and it's so great for body recomposition.

Just started tracking food again and can see I need to improve my macros.
  • findingmi
    findingmi Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone,

Name: Ami
    Height: 5 ft 5 in
    Current Weight: 167.5
    Challenge Goal Weight: 148
    Ultimate Goal Weight: 135
    Goals: I want to feel and look great again. I am doing this for me. I miss the old me!
    Motivation: I am officiating my younger cousin's wedding in October. I want to look like what I did the day I got married (15 years ago)!! Or even better!
  • hannahhooter
    hannahhooter Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Hello lovely ladies!

I apologize in advance for the long rambling post...

For those who were in this group the first time around I've missed you! For those who joined in this summer, I can't wait to read through your comments and get to know you. For the past 1 1/2 months I've been struggling with some Heath issues and haven't been mentally, emotionally, or physically motivated to do what I know needs to be done to reach my weight loss goals. I'm sorry I've dropped off and have been so inactive. if you'll have me, I'd like to jump back in with this coming weigh in (#6). This group is still the most supportive group of women I've ever been a part of and I know I'll reach my goals eventually with the accountability and motivation I receive from all of you!

The bad news is I was having regular gallbladder attacks from a crummy gallbladder and gallstones. I had my gallbladder removed this past Monday and Have been in recovery all week.

The good news is my doctor cleared me for light excercise and not having gallbladder will force me to eat super healthy so I don't get sick!

The other news (not sure if it's good or bad) is that I had lost 35lbs at the end of the first challenge and have maintained that with out gaining my weight back while I was MIA this past month. I didn't lose anymore, but I'm not starting from scratch again and that is good news to me!

Thank you for reading if you made it through all that, I hope it's ok that I'm jumping back in
  • hannahhooter
    hannahhooter Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Oops, the important part cut off...

Name: Hannah
    Height: 5 ft 5 in
    Current Weight: 196.8 lbs
    Challenge Goal Weight: 180 lbs
    Ultimate Goal Weight: 149 lbs

Goals: To be active in this group again, also to wear my Fitbit and track with MFP everyday, to get to the gym 4-5 times per week, to eat a healthy (gallbladder-less friendly) diet and stay within my calories everyday.

Motivation: All of you! Again, this has been the most supportive group of women I've ever been a part of and I know with the accountability and motivation from you I will reach my weight loss goals! I also want to go into the holidays, seeing extended family, feeling confident and healthy. I've always been bigger and I want people to see I have the willpower and perseverance to get to a healthy weight.
  • SmithsonianEmpress
    Options
    Very sorry to hear about about your ordeal BUT so glad you are back AND you have been missed and are for SURE welcomed back!!! :#