Summer 2017 - Push-up or SHUT UP!

Options
SmithsonianEmpress
SmithsonianEmpress Posts: 1,163 Member
Good morning ladies! Some of you all have expressed interest in doing push-ups to tone, build strength, muscle, etc. I have located two 30 day challenges--a beginner one (A) and a more challenging one (B) for those who want to push themselves. The posters are below. Please let us know if you are interested in either. We can start the challenge on Monday, June 19th and 30 days out will put us at Tuesday, July 18th. If anyone has any suggestions please express them. If another start date is preferred let's discuss it. We will confirm our start date on this Sunday if we decide to move forward with beginning this challenge.

(A)

87iz7p6pbd1y.jpg

(B)

vu5fonqo1v5f.jpg

Replies

• twinmom_112002
    twinmom_112002 Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    I'm in!
  • ssbbg
    ssbbg Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    I've been working on modified push-ups (from the knees) this month. I'm up to 5 in the morning! I don't have great upper body strength- yet! I'm not sure I can do even the easy challenge- adding a push-up every day seems like a lot. But I'd be willing to try the challenge. Start date is fine with me.
  • bribucks
    bribucks Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I have never had much upper body strength so hopefully this will help.
  • blairmohr
    blairmohr Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I'm in!
  • SageMolokai
    SageMolokai Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Yeah! I'd do the first one! This might help me get from doing knee push-ups to plank push-ups which I would really like.
  • krishnahari84
    krishnahari84 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I am in too. I am so top heavy my elbows hurt when I try to do a push up. But I really want to learn how to do one properly
  • SmithsonianEmpress
    Options
    ALL good feedback today ladies; the more participants the merrier!
  • Roobyzooby
    Roobyzooby Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Count me in as well, I need to focuse some attention on my upper area and learn to do push ups properly.
  • TheCupcakeCounter
    TheCupcakeCounter Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    I am in too. I am so top heavy my elbows hurt when I try to do a push up. But I really want to learn how to do one properly

Same here since I have been diagnosed with tendinitis in both elbows (although the right elbow is much more severe due to it being my dominant arm)
  • jurapak9960
    jurapak9960 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I'm In! Push-ups are so hard but so rewarding once you get good at them! And they are the good kind of sore
  • dbackgrammy
    dbackgrammy Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I'm in.
  • Zulu87
    Zulu87 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Yes! I'm in
  • trinitymwilson
    trinitymwilson Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Ill do it!
    I'll do Challenge A
  • SmithsonianEmpress
    Options
    Good evening ladies,

Below you will find a link where Anna Renderer.....I JUST LOVE HER :# !!!.....demonstrates the proper way to perform a push-up. There are two modifications offered:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eFOSh8vpd6I

Also, please find below a link that demonstrates the exercises in Push-Up Challenge (B):

http://www.fitnessmagazine.com/workout/arms/exercises/push-up-challenge/?page=0
  • rachelmp17
    rachelmp17 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I'm in too!
  • jmb6739
    jmb6739 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I'll go with A, since push ups are my nemesis. But at least they give me motivation to get stronger :)
  • obrncaroline
    obrncaroline Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I am in too!
  • SmithsonianEmpress
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Okay ladies, Day 1 starts TOMORROW (Monday, June 19th)...Let's be as accountable as we need to be by checking in as we see fit. I will be completing Workout (B).

GOOD LUCK ALL!!!
  • jmb6739
    jmb6739 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Did my 3 this morning! I'm doing Workout A, but since I'm so bad at push ups, I did 3 in proper form, without going all the way down, but then did 3 sets of 10 modified, getting my nose to the ground so to help build up the strength.
  • SmithsonianEmpress
    Options
    I did my modified 15. They were harder than I thought. :|