JUMP IN June 2017: Week 2 (6/8-6/14)

Options

Replies

• Dragonwolf
    Dragonwolf Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    Skipped this morning's workout, though I drug myself out of bed yesterday morning (despite not wanting to). Today was a mindful decision, because it's leg day and tomorrow starts camping stuff, which is going to include multiple flights of stairs and hauling a bunch of stuff around the house, then to the car, then around the campground, where I'll be until Sunday, walking insane amounts in the humid heat, including up and down hills. "Leg day" is getting traded for "leg week." My back is also not thrilled with the workouts and has been voicing its objections, so I figured it prudent to take today more or less off to give it a break.
  • baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,955 Member
    Options
    6/10: just over an hour yard stomp
    6/11: just over an hour yard stomp
    6/12: Amy's Strength and Conditioning and Honeymoon Abs

Right now my life is defined by kid nonsense, running their nonsense behinds to summer reading things for 2 different age groups, and starring in Prison Break: Goat edition. Something is in the grass...we've had 5 escapes in the last week. 2 happened at the same time from separate fields this morning! Hubs is livid. They need to quit this garbage. We can't be having "Goats Gone Wild" happening on the property while we are 45min away. My Dad is 72 and cannot handle dealing with them. An alternate spelling of "goat" is TURD.

Anyway... I have had headaches for 4 days now. Which is how long I've been IFing again. Frustrating.
  • SuperCarLori
    SuperCarLori Posts: 1,248 Member
    Options
    I'm jumping in. I need the accountability.
    Please taser my *kitten* if I veer away. (Oooo, sparkly!)
    My goals:

A: 100 net carbs.
    B: 10,000 steps.
    C: 3 forties.....of water. :D

I can do this.
  • SuperCarLori
    SuperCarLori Posts: 1,248 Member
    Options
    baconslave wrote: »

Right now my life is defined by kid nonsense, running their nonsense behinds to summer reading things for 2 different age groups, and starring in Prison Break: Goat edition. Something is in the grass...we've had 5 escapes in the last week. 2 happened at the same time from separate fields this morning! Hubs is livid. They need to quit this garbage. We can't be having "Goats Gone Wild" happening on the property while we are 45min away. My Dad is 72 and cannot handle dealing with them. An alternate spelling of "goat" is TURD.

Anyway... I have had headaches for 4 days now. Which is how long I've been IFing again. Frustrating.

Goats Gone Wild... :D:D:D
  • kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    Options
    My days have been a bust regarding exercise and home projects. Food intake is not a problem. Work, work, work.
  • baconslave
    Options

Goats Gone Wild... :D:D:D

My life is a surreal circus. :joy:
  • slimzandra
    slimzandra Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    @baconslave HAHA - "My life is a surreal circus" I don't envy you the goats. I hear you tho. Sometimes I look around and think, someone is putting on a spoof and there must be a candid camera somewhere. Is this really happening right now? LOL :D
  • elize7
    elize7 Posts: 1,088 Member
    Options
    Still on the keto boat. Weight is still trending down, no loss today though. I really do like that trend feature on a day like today. Sticking with the plan!!
    The week is busy, busy, busy.
  • baconslave
    Options
    slimzandra wrote: »
    @baconslave HAHA - "My life is a surreal circus" I don't envy you the goats. I hear you tho. Sometimes I look around and think, someone is putting on a spoof and there must be a candid camera somewhere. Is this really happening right now? LOL :D

Exactly. Someone has got to be laughing their a$$es off somewhere. You can't make this stuff up. I'm frequently wondering if I'm in some sort of bloopers Matrix.
    Like the time when my youngest climbed into an unflushed toilet when he was 18mo in full clothes and was acting like he was in a kiddie pool. Who else has a sinkhole open up underneath their camper tire just as they are about to leave the house on a trip? Who else has a baby goat named Cisco (after the character in The Flash) who can "vibe" himself out of a fence? Apparently he vibed his other compatriots out this morning...
    The most bizarre things happen to me.
  • retirehappy
    retirehappy Posts: 4,752 Member
    Options
    I didn't make it into that 72 hr. fast, broke it early the next day. Just started another one 6:30 PM 6/12. Really want to make it to 72hrs. but we will see how it goes.

So far my ketosis nos. are still to my liking:
    6/11 .09
    6/12 .09
    6/13 .08

Enjoying reading your successes so far this month.
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,119 Member
    Options
    I wish I had goats to the chase around then maybe I could eat more! I'm doing my exercises just fine I'm just having a hard time resisting carbs since my vacation it's like they have a spell over me! I started out thinking bacon and eggs and end up with bear creek caramel ice cream on my brain! Hard to keep it out of my mouth after that!
  • LizinLowell
    LizinLowell Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    It's still 95° in the condo so no 30 Day Shred again. I went to my parents' winter house 30 miles away which stays cooler in hot weather & started overhauling a room; taking mattresses & bedframes downstairs to discard, & cleaning. I guess it was upper body day lol! I'm making the room over with a new bedframe & fresh mattress, should be nice for them to come home to in the fall :smile:
  • slimzandra
    slimzandra Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    @LizinLowell - scan for money and un-cashed checks stuffed in the mattress. LOL. Also magazines and coffee cans. I help my elderly aunt and I find 'goodies' stashed in the strangest places. Depression era mentality, I guess.
    Skipped the b-day cake all together last night, but over indulged with martinis. I feel like crap today. I wish I would stop with the self-sabotage. New day today. Hitting reset.
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,119 Member
    Options
    I actually ended up doing pretty good yesterday. I did my exercises weight lifted and Kettlebell workout. I need to work and self-control.
  • Sunflwer3
    Sunflwer3 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I jumped on the wagon a bit late. Started back on Keto Monday (just had a baby). Already down 4.8 lbs, but I know it's water weight. Feeling strong and not having cravings like usual. Love reading everyone's journey! Have a great Wednesday everyone!
  • Cadori
    Cadori Posts: 4,810 Member
    Options

Yes!! Goats are wonderfulterrible creatures.

One of ours is a Lamancha and lordy is she loud. She will stare at the house and scream if she even *thinks* she's hungry (or in heat...that one's fun). We have a neighbor who wanted their property cleared, so 5 of the goats (including Lamancha and her baby) are currently visiting them for weed clearance. It has been sooooo nice not having her around. That makes me terrible, doesn't it?

I totally posted "Rental goats for fenced property clearance" on our community FB page. If Lily the goat (as opposed to Lily my daughter) can go out and earn her keep maybe I can put up with her screaming a bit more easily.
  • LizinLowell
    LizinLowell Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    @slimzandra LOL I wish! It's not that kind of house, although my folks are depression era :smiley:
  • anglyn1
    anglyn1 Posts: 1,803 Member
    Options
    6/12-6/13 rest

Today I've got my running clothes on. Shoulder still hurts so not doing any lifting yet. Jury is still out on whether I'll actually run or not. Lol