Right Lower Abdominal Pain

Options
SavannahMarett
SavannahMarett Posts: 37 Member
Hello everyone.

So it has been a little over a year since my surgery (RNY). For the past few months I've had a tenderness feeling in my right lower quadrant. I'm not sure what could cause this. It will last a week or so and then the pain goes away. Its not really a pain just an annoyance. Has anyone had this before? Someone mentioned appendicitis but from what I've read that is horrible pain.

TIA
Savannah

Replies

• Ultima_Morpha
    Ultima_Morpha Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    Have you noticed any pattern to it? I have a significant amount of pain/ tugging/ tenderness when I'm ovulating.
  • Ultima_Morpha
    Ultima_Morpha Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    ... and, yes, appendicitis is terrible. Mine came on quite suddenly 25 years ago and I still remember the excruciating pain. Worse than unmedicated childbirth!
  • jcavanna2
    jcavanna2 Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    Maybe gall bladder/hall stones?
  • cjcarter77
    cjcarter77 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Ovulating?
  • SavannahMarett
    SavannahMarett Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I don't have a gallbladder. Ended up going to urgent care because the pain got that bad. They said it was colitis. I did have my period 6/29 so I am ovulating right now but never put the two together.... hmm...
  • cjcarter77
    cjcarter77 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I don't have a gallbladder. Ended up going to urgent care because the pain got that bad. They said it was colitis. I did have my period 6/29 so I am ovulating right now but never put the two together.... hmm...

At one time I had some blockage that made ovulation pretty painful. Just a thought...
  • necoady
    necoady Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I've had that type of pain with my appendicitis and when I first became pregnant. That's actually how I learned I was pregnant. I hadn't even missed a period, but my body knew and wanted me to know :-).