Janey's Journey 2017

Options
13»

Replies

• OMAD2017
    OMAD2017 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Doing pretty good! Still have 1 tub of coffee creamer some mornings. Had 1oz of cashews 2 nights because I wasn't feeling well & knew I wouldn't be able to sleep if I didn't have something. I'm doing JUDDD atm. Not sure if it's helping or not. I may go back to just a regular meal. I may do a potato hack for a few days. Did lchf a couple of days. I am experimenting with things that I have done in the past that worked to see if they still do. Collecting tools for my tool bag. :smile: I won't do LC for long because I feel so much better when I eat carbs, but a day or 2 now and then seems to help. I'm down 7.4# in 3 weeks.

k31p9cnhheya.png

• minigrrll
    minigrrll Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    Awesome progress!
  • OMAD2017
    Options
    Thank you!
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    Options
    Your doing well. Congrats!
  • mominnc
    mominnc Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Wow, you are doing amazing! I love your chart. I don't know if I'm brave enough to weigh everyday, but it's nice to see I'm not the only one who goes up and down like that. It just goes to show, in the end we're really losing! Great job!
  • shans34
    shans34 Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    You are doing well!
  • OMAD2017
    Options
    Thanks, everyone! Lisa, I have to weigh every day or I tend to stray off the path. Besides, I'm a data analyst and it doesn't bother me to see the ups & downs. I'd prefer to catch something earlier rather than later. Whenever I've fallen off track it's because I stopped paying attention. Everyone is different, though. I think when I'm done with the weight loss part, I'm going to get all new clothes and then go by how they fit, rather than the scale. That's what I'd like to do, anyway. :smile:
  • wsandy8512
    wsandy8512 Posts: 1,897 Member
    Options
    What is a potato hack? I've never heard of that.

Well done in your daily chart, btw and the 7.4 pounds lost so far! That's super!
  • OMAD2017
    Options
    It's where you eat nothing but potatoes for a few days. When it works, you lose fat, not water, because you don't gain it back. It also promotes good gut bacteria if you use cooked & cooled potatoes because they provide food in the form of resistant starch. Tons of information on different forums, people have tried all variations. If you google, you will find. :) It's kind of like a gut reset. Similar, in my experience, to McDougall's rice diet which Joe did a video on at one point. Just gives the belly a rest & improves balance. Eating just once a day is icing on that cake, IMO.
  • wsandy8512
    wsandy8512 Posts: 1,897 Member
    Options
    Interesting, thank you :)
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    Options
    high in resistant starch (must be cooled). gut bacteria will produce keytones also from what i've read.
  • mikseyniha
    mikseyniha Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    Great progress :) you're doing very well!
  • jvcinv
    jvcinv Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    You're doing well! Stay the course.