KETO PIZZA

Options
randilyn2013
randilyn2013 Posts: 40 Member
edited June 2017 in Social Groups
Been doing the LCHF diet here and there for about year now and have tried all sorts of low carb pizza recipes along the way. My favorite is the chicken pizza crust, especially when it comes to the carb count! What's everyone else's favorite?

Replies

• EggToni
    EggToni Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Chicken pizza crust - recipe please? Thx.
  • RAC56
    RAC56 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Fat Head pizza! I'd also be interested in the chicken pizza crust recipe though. :)
  • hoping32
    hoping32 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I love the broccoli or cauliflower crust pizzas I make!
  • kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    Options
    https://www.ketoconnect.net/recipe/no-carb-pizza/

I swear I saw a link previously. I think this was it but there are several on line.
  • RAC56
    RAC56 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the link. :)
  • EggToni
    EggToni Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Ditto -- I already pinned it.
  • ladipoet
    ladipoet Posts: 4,180 Member
    Options
    RAC56 wrote: »
    Fat Head pizza! I'd also be interested in the chicken pizza crust recipe though. :)

Tried it. Wasn't impressed. Haven't been impressed with most "low carb" pizza recipes, especially where crust is concerned. I have decided I'm going to try this stuff soon though:

https://realgoodfoods.com/?ref=125

• kpk54
    Options
    Which didn't you like @ladipoet? Fathead or chicken crust?
  • eneild
    eneild Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    I make a crust using pork rinds. Usually not a big fan of them, but the addition of Italian seasoning and using a stronger cheese like Parmesan makes for a pretty delicious crust.
  • ladipoet
    ladipoet Posts: 4,180 Member
    Options
    kpk54 wrote: »

Fathead...wasn't impressed.

• melluc2
    melluc2 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Just tried this pizza (the one with a can of chicken)....amazing! And the calorie count is a lot more manageable! Even my husband, who hates canned chicken loved it! I'm super excited to have discovered this. Thank you! These forums really have helped me discover new recipes.
  • Cracks67
    Cracks67 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    ladipoet wrote: »
    kpk54 wrote: »

Fathead...wasn't impressed.

I agree with this. I made fathead pizza last week and wasn't impressed with it. It was a little heavy and oily for my taste.

I really like the cauliflower crust pizza.
  • AlexandraCarlyle
    AlexandraCarlyle Posts: 1,603 Member
    Options
    I tried the fathead. Maybe it depends on the type/source of cheese, but it came out soft, in spite of baking it on custom-made pizza trays (perforated) and it was also very cheesy. I know, it was made of cheese, but it might have just as well been made with ONLY cheese....

I've yet to try the cauliflower crust.

I'm keen to try this one too.... But canned chicken in the UK is virtually impossible to buy. So as suggested (on the linked page, in the comments) I shall create my own....
  • kpk54
    Options
    I picked up a small can of canned chicken tonight to give it a try some day. I'm curious about how well the chicken will dry out to make a crust. I might just spread some cream cheese and Frank's hot sauce on it and make buffalo chicken. :)
  • Marcelynh
    Marcelynh Posts: 974 Member
    Options
    I like the cauliflower/cheese crusts but don't always have the time to make them so I found them to buy ready-made and they are quite good. Cali-flour Pizza. No local places sell them but I got them online, they ship them and you freeze them when you receive them. Works out fine, no problems.
  • AlexandraCarlyle
    Options
    I just sprinkle a mix of mozzarella and parm cheese in little circles on tin foil, pop a piece of pepperoni on top of each circle, then more cheese. Sprinkle on a little garlic, bake/broil real quick in the toaster oven... Pizza bites. Sure don't miss the tomato sauce.

I might copy that idea but still using small cherry tomato, or mini plum tomato halves. I know about the sugar/carb content, but they're small flavour-bombs and if eaten once a week or so, should be ok for my 'carb count'....
  • AlexandraCarlyle
    Options
    I am soooooo going to try this, but with boneless, skinless thigh meat poached in water/broth.... The thigh flesh contains more nutrients than the breast.... Ignore the 'fat/cholesterol' scare-mongering....