Options
    DATE - 15th June 17
    DISTANCE TRAVELLED - 4.34 miles
    EXERCISE - walking
  • Curvykinkycurls
    Curvykinkycurls Posts: 428 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    @slimpossible007 thank you - that really picked me up, I have been trying to figure out how to squeeze a walk in during the week, seeing everyone's fab efforts, but you have reminded me it's the end goal of being fitter that matters...so although I'm only a little contributor to the challenge, I'll do what I can :smile:

Well done for getting two biggies in this week and I hope you enjoy your daughter's performance tomorrow!

I am meeting with a dog walking friend tomorrow and she's loaning me a fitbit so I can see if it's worth buying. We'll have a walk with about 8 dogs so it should be fun & interesting to see how far we actually walk.

Today- 15/06/17
    0.63 miles
    Elliptical

Total: 9.65m
  • Slimpossible007
    Slimpossible007 Posts: 16,271 Member
    Options
    @purlycurls exactly .. that's the main aim, fitness :) we will take it whatever way we can get it, I'm sure your walk with the dogs will take a lot of energy, My daughters play was wonderful (not that i'm biased or anything) ;)

I was super busy yesterday, I thought I'd manage to get a little walk in after my daughters play, but we ended up with the house full until 1 AM ... but when I realised I was going to have no time for my walk .. I left my hubby with the car and walked back home from the school. OK its only 1/4 of a mile .. but I choose to walk it rather than get in the car :)

15th june
    0.25 miles
    walk
  • AnnofB
    AnnofB Posts: 3,584 Member
    Options
    @purlycurls exactly .. that's the main aim, fitness :) we will take it whatever way we can get it, I'm sure your walk with the dogs will take a lot of energy, My daughters play was wonderful (not that i'm biased or anything) ;)

I was super busy yesterday, I thought I'd manage to get a little walk in after my daughters play, but we ended up with the house full until 1 AM ... but when I realised I was going to have no time for my walk .. I left my hubby with the car and walked back home from the school. OK its only 1/4 of a mile .. but I choose to walk it rather than get in the car :)

15th june
    0.25 miles
    walk

Every bit counts! That's the best thing about walking. No special equipment needed... haha. Glad the play turned out well. :)

Thank you for starting this challenge. It has really inspired me to do more. :)
  • AnnofB
    Options
    purlycurls wrote: »
    @slimpossible007 thank you - that really picked me up, I have been trying to figure out how to squeeze a walk in during the week, seeing everyone's fab efforts, but you have reminded me it's the end goal of being fitter that matters...so although I'm only a little contributor to the challenge, I'll do what I can :smile:

Well done for getting two biggies in this week and I hope you enjoy your daughter's performance tomorrow!

I am meeting with a dog walking friend tomorrow and she's loaning me a fitbit so I can see if it's worth buying. We'll have a walk with about 8 dogs so it should be fun & interesting to see how far we actually walk.

Today- 15/06/17
    0.63 miles
    Elliptical

Total: 9.65m

That dog walk is going to be fun and you will be surprised at how many steps you will take. Every bit counts-we all have to start where we are so no worries about contribution to the challenge. :)
  • hlidd
    hlidd Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    DATE 16TH JUNE
    DISTANCE 7.4 MILES
    EXCERCISE WALKING
  • ch10e88
    ch10e88 Posts: 34 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Date: 16 june
    Distance: 9.9 miles
    Exercise: Spin bike
  • Slimpossible007
    edited June 2017
    Options
    @AnnofB very true, just start when you want and about turn and come back home when your bored, this challenge is keeping me getting out to walk, it's also making me leave the car for short walks. I'm so happy I started it as I don't think I would have walked half this distance without you all :)
    @ch10e88 welcome aboard :)

If everyone could please post your up to date results by for Sunday 18th at the end of the night so that I can post our up to date distance on Monday morning

We getting there :) we might need another challenge soon ;)

for me

16th june
    distance 2.23 miles
    walking

• sussexbythesea
    sussexbythesea Posts: 1,335 Member
    Options
    15 June
    3.6 miles walking
    16 June
    3 miles walking
    Been looking at various medieval towns in France and now in Dieppe after spending most of day in car so pleased with my progress
  • Slimpossible007
    Options
    @sussexbythesea it sounds beautiful :) .. nothing nicer than a walk in a beautiful part of the world :)
  • Curvykinkycurls
    Curvykinkycurls Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    @ch10e88 wow! That's fab...I owned a spin bike briefly...nearly killed me! Lol! Kudos to you

@sussexbythesea I can't imagine a more beautiful place to clock up walking miles...I love France and it's historic towns, its supposed to be very hot weather there at the moment isn't it?

@slimpossible007 glad you loved the play and squeezed a cheeky walk in! Go you!

I really enjoyed the short walk with the dogs today. Found a gorgeous isolated beach & a sweet cafe that didn't break my kcal goal...lovely Greek salad and sparkling elderflower pressed. Win win :smile:

16/06/17
    0.75 miles
    Elliptical

2.5 miles
    Walking

Total: 12.9
  • AnnofB
    Options
    Date: 16 June
    Distance: 4 miles
    Exercise: The 4 Mile Super Challenge dvd by Leslie Sansone

Happy Friday :)
  • 2essie
    2essie Posts: 2,863 Member
    Options
    Date - 16th June

Distance - 6.15 miles

Exercise - Walking

@purlycurls it will be fantastic to walk with all those dogs. Nothing better. J get all my walks with 3 dogs
  • ch10e88
    ch10e88 Posts: 34 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Thank you ladies! I go to a spin class at my gym so the instructor pushes us to work hard.

Date: 17 june
    Distance: 3 miles
    Exercise: Eliptical trainer
  • MoveitlikeManda
    MoveitlikeManda Posts: 846 Member
    Options
    DATE - 16th June 17
    DISTANCE TRAVELLED - 2.62 miles
    EXERCISE - walking
  • AnnofB
    Options
    Date: 6/17
    Distance: 2 miles
    Exercise: walking
  • Slimpossible007
    edited June 2017
    Options
    date 17th june
    distance 1 mile
    exercise walk

@purlycurls you will need to make a habit with the dogs then :) glad you enjoyed

I am exhausted .. My purse has gone walk about and I have spent the entire day looking for it ... looks like I will have to continue my search tomorrow .. sigh

• sussexbythesea
    sussexbythesea Posts: 1,335 Member
    Options
    17 June
    Walked 5.7 miles in Dieppe
    Yes its hot and I don't cope well.
    One 60 minute walk on my own and lots short strolls with OH
    After dinner stroll on beach very lovely families sharing a meal outside all the beach huts. Mind you we hear it's lovely at home too.

Off to get the ferry after breakfast so will see later
  • 2essie
    Options
    Date - 17th June

Distance - 3.44 miles

Exercise - Walking
  • 2essie
    Options
    Yes @sussexbythesea it is lovely here. Sounds like you have had a great time with plenty of walking. It gets a bit too hot to walk sometimes. I prefer it a bit cooler for that but otherwise I love it. @Slimpossible007 I hope you find your purse. Hope everyone is havjng a great weekend.