JUMP IN June 2017: Week 3 (6/15-6/21)

Options
baconslave
baconslave Posts: 6,954 Member
edited June 2017 in Social Groups
Inevitable repeat of blurb :wink:
baconslave wrote: »
New month knocking on the door, new challenge.
This month's theme comes to you courtesy of @kfat1
kfat1 wrote: »
JUMP IN June....a motivational challenge? Jump on in, feet first, full steam ahead, make a plan and jump right into it with all your determination, no excuses, just get it done! Make weekly goals,challenges and just jump in and do it! By the end of June, look back at your challenges and see which ones you JUMPED IN and GOT DONE!

Excellent idea!

The challenge starts tomorrow. So go ahead and post your goals, whether it be nailing down plan basics, increasing your fitness, or adopting healthy habits. A few of you suggested a jumping jack challenge for yourselves. Anything is fair game as long as it's in pursuit of your health or fitness.

Jump on in!
10-motivational-quotes-kick-start-large-msg-134307587259.jpg

Replies

• LizinLowell
    LizinLowell Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Huzzah! The condo went below 95°F so I get to resume my 30 Day Shredding :smiley:
  • baconslave
    Options
    BUUUUUUUMP!
    I'm going camping this weekend. I shall be back to update on Sunday.
    Until then, keep JUMPING. :wink:
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    Okay, new commitment to consistent week, logging. Report from last week: exercise good, logging spotty, eating seems to be really good for a week to 10 days and then I take a day off, usually related to bad sleep and stress. Ugh.
  • elize7
    elize7 Posts: 1,088 Member
    Options
    Still on track. Downward trending, a little slower than I like, but Downward!
    The next few pounds will get me below the
    range I've been hovering up and down in for 3 months...so critical for motivation.
    A good bit of dancing and activity is planned for the weekend so hopefully that will give me a jump on a loss. Fingers are crossed.
  • kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    Options
    Not sure when I posted last but I'm back at it. I live a stress free life but every now and then a little something will get in my way and it did. Not sure where I left off in the June challenge so started today with:

85 step jacks and 85 each of punch jacks, kick backs, half squat walks and that other thing I do. Not time consuming at all. 7-8 minutes. Did my 5 minute stretch too. My phone is rigged up again to my body so I can count my steps via S-Health (for fun).

I've been successful in not logging food every day ( I think I did 4) but that "goal" is just silly for me. It takes me all of 5 minutes since I have a fairly repetitious diet of a few different things for breakfast/lunch and then my standard meat and vegetables for dinner. I think my interest is the WEEKLY macro balance under nutrition more than anything.

• sisterlilbunny
    sisterlilbunny Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    Tagging in so I can find you guys on Sunday. ;)
  • kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    Options
    Awesome @Steph_Maks! Room to spare is right.

Since I'm here, I continued on my June jumpin' way yesterday with 90 each of the step jacks, kick backs, etc. I decided I might as well add a minute a day to my stretches so did that too. Also jumped on my exercise bike for 15 minutes. I think completing a daily household task might have been a goal so if it was, I emptied the refrigerator and gave it a good scrub. Not that it ever gets nasty but a good thorough cleaning every now and then is nice.
  • retirehappy
    retirehappy Posts: 4,752 Member
    Options
    I am continuing to stay at or below my goal weight so far this month. I am also in nutritional ketosis on a consistent basis. So doing well over here.

Hadn't made it a "goal" this month, but I have also upped my rolling 28 day step goal pretty much because the weather is nice and I am outside a lot more now.

Glad to see all the positive results in here.
  • baconslave
    Options
    BUMP

And walked over 10k steps and biked Friday and Saturday. Got over 6k steps Sunday from sheep chasing, but wise otherwise a sloth.
  • tishsmith101
    tishsmith101 Posts: 1,578 Member
    Options
    Bike ride last night, waiting for the humidity to break so I can do more. A/C in the house broke.
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,112 Member
    Options
    I'm still exercising daily carbs have been a little high though! In my opinion, maintenance is harder than when I was trying to lose weight. I feel I should have freedom to eat what I want but, I have to keep remembering that mindset is what got me where I was and I like being where I am today much better! I will figure this out!
  • Italiana_xx79
    Italiana_xx79 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    I am just starting my second week of Keto! I feel so much better than doing just low carb and low fat! My husband is even going to start with me ( I am sure it has nothing to do with the fact that bacon is encouraged, lol!) :)

I have done low carb for a while so I am excited to mix it up a little bit!
  • roserobotham
    roserobotham Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    elize7 wrote: »
    Still going strong with keto plan. Weightloss is slowed, but,trending is downward.
    3 month plan is on target. So far today i dodged a very tempting work food spread, and stayed on plan!
    Progress.
    This still feels good and I feel in the right frame of mind to get this reloss accomplished. Very happy camper!

Work food days are the worst!
  • CrispyStars3
    CrispyStars3 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Still at it :smiley:
    Maintaining my WOE.
    Exercise is hit or miss at the moment (due to unforeseen life stuff...lol)
    I've held off on exploring new recipes. I've have added a few different items to my menu and seems I've discovered another irritant to the body. I have an idea what it could be and have removed it to see if "things clear up".
    My 5lbs fluctuation appears to be settling down now... weight loss is slowly back on the decline.
  • baconslave
    Options
    6/19: I didn't get to exercise. 3hrs of appointments and a teen library function... :rage:
    More taxi-mom crap today, but I will squeeze some strength in.