KETO PIZZA

Options

Replies

• EggToni
    EggToni Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    kpk54 wrote: »
    Probably a giant pic but this is that canned chicken crust. Just the crust. I used a 5 oz can to get that size which is 6 inches. I took the pic on my palm so you can see that it will most likely stand up to some sauce and toppings. I accidentally didn't follow instructions and just mixed the super strained (used a potato ricer) chicken with 1/2 raw egg and 1/2 oz parmesean cheese (the super dry kind in the green container). Baked on parchment paper for 10 min. then flipped it over and baked another 10 minutes. I don't know how it could taste bad if one likes chicken, egg, cheese. Not sure how I'll top it.

1gd0cai2dz1p.jpg

Looks good! I bet it's delicious even without toppings. Maybe even buttered like you would toast.
  • kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    Options
    I ended up mixing cream cheese with some frank's hot sauce and spredding it on the crust then topping with shredded cheddar and heating in the oven. It was tasty especially when hot. It should definitely work with Pizza toppings and cuts really well with a pizza cutter.
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Options
    Is there a recipe link for this somewhere? I looked at the picture but not sure where to do a search for this.
  • CommanderEmily
    CommanderEmily Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I've never made a chicken crust myself, but my grocery store has small pizzas with that sort of crust and its AMAZING. The supreme version only has 8 grams carbs in the entire thing and thats not checking to see how much is fiber.
  • JohnnyLowCarb
    JohnnyLowCarb Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    I tried the chicken crust not bad. My favorite is simply take a handful of mozzarella cook it in a pan at low heat and add a little sauce and pepperoni and wait for the cheese to get crispy (not burned - low heat). Its great. I tried cauliflower, almond flour, the chicken crust. The pan is my favorite!
  • Italiana_xx79
    Italiana_xx79 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    My favorite is Fat Head Pizza crust! Really easy to make (just mozzarella, cream cheese, almond flour and a egg). :)
    b0sxjhtz19bo.jpg
  • RAC56
    RAC56 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    I like the idea of using cream cheese, yum.
  • Cheesy567
    Cheesy567 Posts: 1,186 Member
    Options
    Has anyone tried freezing the chicken crust? Might be a nice thing to batch-cook, the oven gets so hot in the summer, I'd rather heat it up on a rainy day!
  • purplepadres
    purplepadres Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Some of these sound great! I'm dairy free out of necessity, but I love to make meatza:

https://meljoulwan.com/2010/02/16/dinner-and-a-movie™-meatza-pie-and-the-vancouver-olympics/
  • ladipoet
    ladipoet Posts: 4,180 Member
    Options
    This:

https://realgoodfoods.com/

Excellent ingredient list. Awesome macros. Truly LCHF friendly. 'Nuff said.
  • AlexandraCarlyle
    AlexandraCarlyle Posts: 1,603 Member
    Options
    ladipoet wrote: »
    This:

https://realgoodfoods.com/

Excellent ingredient list. Awesome macros. Truly LCHF friendly. 'Nuff said.

Do they deliver to the UK.....? Don't tell me....... No. *Sob* :(
  • melluc2
    melluc2 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    content://media/external/file/23070

Pizza tonight!
  • melluc2
    Options
    I have no idea how to post pictures :(
  • mrssie1223
    mrssie1223 Posts: 146 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Headbanger's Kitchen on YouTube has some delicious recipes, including pizza crusts. So does Keto Connect on YouTube. I use them quite a bit since starting my Keto diet. ; )
  • AlexandraCarlyle
    AlexandraCarlyle Posts: 1,603 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    melluc2 wrote: »
    I have no idea how to post pictures :(

There are two ways:
    If you find a picture on the internet, use the landscape picture bove, click on it, and copy the link address of the picture, and paste it in the Image URL box.
    Alternatively, if it's already on your computer in a file, you can click on 'choose files, select the pic you want, double click on it, and it will upload your picture.

The first one is a photo from the internet. I searched, 'meat', selected 'images', and a whole page of meat photos came up.
    I clicked one, and selected 'view image'. Then copied the link URL address.
    here's the uploaded photo:
    meat_footer.png

Next, one from my file, using the landscape image.

Lunch-in-a-jar:
    zgzcmn5h78hz.jpg

Now the second way:
    click on the 'page' symbol (black 'piece of paper with the corner folded over).
    This is for your files on your computer only, not for an internet image. The photo, or 'file' has to be resident on your personal system.

Here's one from my files:

pickles, just bottled.
    You will see the photo is uploaded UNDERNEATH the post/comment, and members have to click on it to open/view it.

Hope this all helps!

• melluc2
    Options
    @AlexandraCarlyle Thank you so much for explaining it for me! I use my phone app and I couldn't find what you were talking about until I went on my computer. I guess I'll just have to use my computer if I need to post a picture or two. :P

My pizza made from chicken.....(for my husband, a little too many calories in this one)... But, the main point is that the crust is perfect and not high calorie. :) The other day, I cut it up in squares and dehydrated them in the oven to make them more cracker-like for dipping!

• neyth
    neyth Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I have tried cauliflower pizza crust and fat head pizza. The second one is my favorite and even my boyfriend who is a picky eater loved it! Also love "pizza" bites using aubergine slices as a base. Yummy! :smiley:
  • RAC56
    RAC56 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    kpk54 wrote: »
    Probably a giant pic but this is that canned chicken crust. Just the crust. I used a 5 oz can to get that size which is 6 inches. I took the pic on my palm so you can see that it will most likely stand up to some sauce and toppings. I accidentally didn't follow instructions and just mixed the super strained (used a potato ricer) chicken with 1/2 raw egg and 1/2 oz parmesean cheese (the super dry kind in the green container). Baked on parchment paper for 10 min. then flipped it over and baked another 10 minutes. I don't know how it could taste bad if one likes chicken, egg, cheese. Not sure how I'll top it.

1gd0cai2dz1p.jpg

Did you bake it at 500 degrees?
  • kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    Options
    No. 450. Our smoke alarm seems to go off at anything over 450. Not sure why. The oven can be clean and the alarm is no where near the kitchen. LOL.