June 21 Sign-In

Options
RangerRickL
RangerRickL Posts: 8,469 Member
Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes?
Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day?
Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank?

Replies

• RangerRickL
    Options
    @Slimpossible007 I love your attitude!! Thanks for creating this June 21 opening post. I do appreciate you!!
    Rick
  • am_change
    am_change Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    Happy summer solstice for us in the north and winter for you down south. It definitely feels like the longest day here. 34 degrees as our heatwave in the south of England continues (90 something in farenheit). Sweaty sweaty!

So I wrote a really long message on the kittens photo day and mfp ate it! It vanished! I was so frustrated it's taken me this long to get over it! ;)

About 2 weeks ago a series of bad luck hit me. Some may get lost in uk/us/aus/nz translation but here goes...on the Sunday evening after a long day my husband accidentally put screen wash in the oil bit of our car. The car needed to go to garage for repairs. I use it to drive to work/daughter's childcare so I got a train and a taxi in the morning and was late so I booked a taxi to do all of the homeward journey. I had a text message to say the taxi had arrived but I couldn't see it. Called them to find out where it was and then saw it drive past so spun round on my heel to hail it down and my phone flew out of my hand and landed SMASH with a cracked screen. :s I use my phone for mfp so was awol until I had a botch cheap but it will do (I hope!) Repair on kittens photo log in day so I came back and told you I'd read ALL the messages I missed and happy birthdays and get well soons and trials and tribulations (and now wallabies too!) and also I asked for advice...

Since starting with a steady 1-2pound a week loss for about6 months I've now had a few months of losing and gaining the same pounds over. I am Jekyll and Hyde. In the morning and evenings I am in control, I have a plan and willpower and I can do this! In the middle of the day my internal voice changes and I hear "only one", "be good tomorrow", "one more won't matter" etc etc and it all goes out the window. Any advice?!
  • SweetPeasMom55
    SweetPeasMom55 Posts: 3,385 Member
    Options
    @am_change are you close to your goal? I have noticed I seem to go off the path when I am within a lb or so of goal then I slide back and literally have to kick myself to get back. This last derailment has been rough. I am not having the speedy recovery . I know exactly the voice you are talking about. I seem to be an all or nothing mentality. Honestly I just don't understand why cookies have such loud voices and demand to be heard. ;)
  • fightingthetideofaging
    fightingthetideofaging Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes....45 minute Cardio Drumming class.
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Yes
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yes
  • phoebelayla
    phoebelayla Posts: 1,182 Member
    Options
    @amchange - I would suggest that you make sure that you are eating enough in the am. Fill up on protein and fiber and lots of water so that you are not hungry. Another thing would be to log your whole day in advance so your calories are already spent- make sure it is a reasonable day you can stick to. Lastly, your could check in here several times during the day to update us and commit to following through.
  • Gus130
    Gus130 Posts: 598 Member
    Options
    Yes,he,yes. It is getting more difficult!
  • SimonsChange
    SimonsChange Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes 128 walk
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yes
    Weekly Mile Goal - ( 58.46/ ∞ ) Had some acid reflux after my walk think it was from all the stairs today was certainly gut wrenching. (All is well now tho)
  • RangerRickL
    Options
    You are all inspiring to me!!!
    Today:
    Calories: Under by less than 200
    Trackng: ok
    Exercise: I have done ok, but I have not been doing my cardio..got do it.
  • debodom1962
    debodom1962 Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    I'm so far behind in reading. It's been a busy few days. Another late night workout but I hit a personal goal of 31 straight days of working out.
    Yes to tracking and yes to staying within my calorie range (and staying in the low range too).
  • srufus
    srufus Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Quick check in
    exercise : 30 mins Yoga
    Calories : yes under by 100
    Tracking : Yes
  • pribud
    pribud Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    Wow! Sounds like everyone is doing so good! I really enjoyed reading all the posts today. Love the inspirational poster @Slimpossible007 here's me digging in...lol :p Sorry to hear about your tablet @aeshippers .

Wow @SimonsChange you are KICKIN your weekly mile goals!
    @lightningbolt9 nice run/walk can only imagine how hot it can get there.
    @2020pinktogo you read like the energizer bunny...lol <3 You go girl!
    @fightingthetideofaging your exercises always sound so interesting Drum class would be awesome, not this week though.
    @am_change thanks for your update. I really felt for you when reading it. I do understand that nagging voice as it seems to enter into my mind as well.....afternoons are the hardest for me as well. :)
    @debodom1962 Congratulations on your 31 days of straight workout. Awesome Job :o
    @RangerRickL what an accomplishment in only 2 weeks you changed a BIG part of your diet. Glad to hear it is making you feel better.
    @Dosse1320 sounds like you had a VERY busy day. Bud & I love to eat fish and seafood.
    @Shauna30 YOU ARE AMAZING! WOW! Is it just you and your friend doing all the cooking?
    @craigo3154 Congratulations on your fastest time even with the stop which would have made you faster still without it! Congratulations on reaching and beating your goals.
    @phoebelayla Glad to hear you have your husbands support, that makes travelling so much easier. You continue to inspire me <3
    @Gus130 as it get harder the successes feel even better...YOU GOT THIS! ;)
    @5cheetahs almost the end of the school season. Will you have the summer off?

Thanks @everyone for the continued support and inspiration. I am just holding my own here and trying very hard to make the exercise quoata for the day. Bud & I are now home and even though our friends helped us immensely and spoiled us it is nice to be home. I am very soooo grateful tonight. We got home and our neighbours across the street had a lasagna, salad and fresh rolls in our fridge. Another neighbor came over with some treats(all healthy), got a grocery list of fresh things we needed and then refused to let us pay as said it was their gift instead of flowers! WOW we are so lucky. Another friend is delivery meals for the freezer tomorrow,,,,,,,,,,,feeling very loved right now <3<3

exercise yes, up and down driveway with walker and also practised walking short distances without the walker. I am progressing well. Everything seems hard at first but I practise and it becomes pretty easy.
    calories yes(thanks to my supportive friends)
    tracking yes, everything

• fourathomej
    fourathomej Posts: 4,228 Member
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes...insanity max 30
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank?yes