Does anyone have any major goals for the summer ?

Options
Opalprincess99
Opalprincess99 Posts: 88 Member
I need some motivation . :)

Replies

• WindSparrow
    WindSparrow Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to work up the nerve to take swimming lessons. I want to try swimming laps, but since all I know how to do is dog paddle...
  • Opalprincess99
    Options
    I'm trying to work up the nerve to take swimming lessons. I want to try swimming laps, but since all I know how to do is dog paddle...

That's a good idea! What are you worried about ?
  • Appeysappeys
    Appeysappeys Posts: 6 Member
    Options

I am exactly the same, i finally signed up for some adult bignners swimming lessons and i highly recommend it. It's really nice to be with a group of people all feeling as uncomfortable as yourself. You start to feel better about your self and the water very quickly.
  • WindSparrow
    Options

That's a good idea! What are you worried about ?

I hate putting my face under water. I need to convince the instructor to let me learn the Tarzan stroke or something. I feel silly asking.
  • InkedBlueStar
    InkedBlueStar Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I just completed a 5k and next month I am going to tackle the Tough Mudder. My goal is to live through it. I have also been very stagnant in my weight loss and the goal there is to try to loose 5 to 10 pounds by the end of summer
  • WindSparrow
    Options
    First hurdle cleared: I talked to the guy at the community center who is in charge of coordinating swim lessons. He took my name and number, and one of the instructors will contact me to work out a time........ eep!
  • Roaringgael
    Roaringgael Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    its winter at my end of the world. However I'm trying to kick start some weightloss - those last ten kilos (22lbs) are so hard to get rid of. I'm maintaining a 40 kilo (88lb) loss.
    Going to put yoga and some pilates into my life.
  • Opalprincess99
    Options
    First hurdle cleared: I talked to the guy at the community center who is in charge of coordinating swim lessons. He took my name and number, and one of the instructors will contact me to work out a time........ eep!

I hope it works out for you :) that's awesome you went out and did that.
  • Opalprincess99
    Options
    its winter at my end of the world. However I'm trying to kick start some weightloss - those last ten kilos (22lbs) are so hard to get rid of. I'm maintaining a 40 kilo (88lb) loss.
    Going to put yoga and some pilates into my life.

Youre right ! I heard it does get harder to lose the weight once youe closer to your main goal ! I'm.sure you can do it tho...you came so far !
  • ennessims
    ennessims Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi! I have two major goals this summer...1 being that my 20 year high school reunion is a little more than two weeks away and I want to be at least be at a weight where I feel comfortable and... 2 I would really like to ride my bicycle again and not feel like a meatball riding around town ;)
  • elize7
    elize7 Posts: 1,088 Member
    Options
    I have a Sept deadline to take off about 11-14 pounds which is back to my maintenance range. I do keto and I've been lax this year, back and forth, so my main goal is just to get serious again and make correct keto choices and keep as accountable as possible without being draconian about it. Also hoping to ease this current keto thinking into a successful maintenence plan in the fall. Maintenance is a real struggle for me. Losing and gaining are easy in comparison.
    Anyway, that's the summer plan for food.
    Also i have a plan to regroup socially, by taking a little step back and focusing on my own life, projects and interests. Not chasing boys, even though I finally feel like I look great. They make me crazy, and I dont have the skills to keep it together at this point in time. So a break is good.
  • carazyg
    carazyg Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Since I'm going to the beach in a week and a half, my first goal is to fit in a swimsuit. My second goal is to stop being a couch potato just because it's hot outside. I'm going on 3 weeks of laziness where my days consist of getting out of bed, eating, lounging on the couch, eating, lounging some more, showering, getting in bed. Hoping for motivation here, too!
  • WindSparrow
    Options

I did it! First lesson under my belt. I'm learning the breaststroke. It was lots of fun, and now I am trying to plan when I can fit some lap swimming into my routine.

Good luck to everyone else on your goals!
  • Lucy17128
    Lucy17128 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Windsparrow- I'm proud of you for taking that leap. This is also a goal of mine, on my bucket list. Can't get the nerve to do it. I really want to learn to kayak and told myself I need to learn to swim first