results from latest blood draw

Options
2»

Replies

• RalfLott
    RalfLott Posts: 5,036 Member
    Options
    @bjwoodzy, you've hit the nail smack on the head. We wuz hoodwinked, all right!

Glad to hear you're continuing to make progress.

A lot of us have T2D souvenirs of one sort or another. What I've got to show for my decades in the dark is minor calcification in one coronary artery, but no hair on my lower legs (and I used to sport nice insulation down there....).

Yet, as you say, the old "wisdom" is still being handed out.
  • bjwoodzy
    bjwoodzy Posts: 593 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Thanks!

Ugh, sorry about your legs, bruh. Tell you what, you can have mine. They're furry. Since I always wear compression stockings (either knee high or thigh high) to stave off leg edema, my bare legs never show (and being that I'm #foreveralone, I haven't had to shave them for ages.)

Leg circulation is a funny thing, seriously. How in the world did we get designed as a species where the blood flow was supposed to go back UP, being inhabitants of a planet where gravity is a thing? I have a family history (mom's side, her mom, etc.) of poor circulation in the legs, so I'm sure my leg issue is due to that plus but sped up/exacerbated by my former high sugary blood being too sticky to work the right way. It probably would have been an issue for me at some stage in my life, diabetic or not. I will say that although I never figured out if my leg issue was due to kidney issues (I don't have any now), circulatory problems, or lymphatic crapola, but I used to retain a shitload more water than I do now. The edema is almost a non-issue these days after being keto for over a year, but I still wear the stockings due to my desk job and besides, they make my legs feel fantastic.
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Had blood work done last week and A1C was 5.0. I was happy with that! I've never been diagnosed with T2D but before I started IF 22-months ago and 45-lbs ago, I was having several fasted bg readings of around 120 so the IF and weight loss has worked well for me (previous A1C readings before IF were 5.2 and 5.3). I've not done much LC except when I'm IFing where I'm zero carb. Right now I do about 4-5 days of 21:3 IF and the rest 16:8 IF. If I do 16:8, I typically the early meal low carb.