Welcome!

Options

Replies

• lesleyselby671
    lesleyselby671 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi. Im Lesley. I am currently in the process of changing to a vegan diet from a huge meat and dairy lover. I got a huge wzke up call the other day when I watched Earthlings and a few other documentaries so I am hoping to be fully vegan and live the rest of my life vegan. Ive stopped having dairy, chicken, red meat, pork. So I just have seafood and eggs to go. Ideally I would like to cut out all processed and unhealthy foods which is making it hard as turns out all my favorite junk foods are vegan.
  • beaperkins
    beaperkins Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone. I'm Bea. Been a vegan 10 years and the 20 year before that was a vegetarian. I gained some weight due to my work schedule, and then some grief weight. I took 15 pounds off the past 3 months and have 10 more pounds to go. MFP is good at helping me see when bad habits (eating out, not cooking, junk food, not exercising) starts to creep back in. Glad to meet y'all.
  • Kessec1
    Kessec1 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone. I've been vegan for around 25 years - it's been so long I've lost track. As I transitioned to a vegan diet, I lost 50 pounds over about six months. As I've gotten older, some of the weight started coming back, so I bought a fitbit and started walking, and later running. I'm training for the Chicago Marathon (October 11) and I'm seeing a nutritionist who recommended I start logging my food on MFP. I was happy to find this vegan group. Thanks for the support! :smile:
  • MissHalez0716
    MissHalez0716 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hello :smile:! I've been vegan for about 2.5 years now. I originally went vegan when my brother gave me a book called Eating Animals by Jonathan Foer. I slowly transitioned from wanting to partake in the 75 oz steak challenge here in town to being vegan, along side with my boyfriend at the time (now husband :blush:!) We haven't been perfect vegans, but we have learned from our mistakes. I hope to find a good community of vegans on here to help me lose the last 10 pounds or so that I have left. Im not doing Facebook because of social media, but I figure this is different because it's actually towards a goal of lifelong healthy eating :)! Feel free to add me!
  • chrisHarrington725
    Options
    just started eating vegan a few days ago. looking for vegan friends to watch my diary, give advice and food ideas to keep it going
  • bpjacques
    bpjacques Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hey there. Been vegan for almost 8 months and looking to connect with other vegans trying to lose weight. Just got back on MFP so figured I would reach out. Thanks!
  • VeganScientist
    VeganScientist Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi all,

I have been Vegan for 15 years and battling weight my entire life. I was an obese child and only started to get to a healthy weight after going vegetarian at age 14. Veganism has helped me maintain my weight for years, though I would like to lose a few pounds right now. My boyfriend is in the process of going Vegan, but has the opposite problem - he needs more calories, not fewer so he doesn't lose weight (crazy high metabolism). We live in the same home and it is super hard to make meals together - I have gained 10 pounds since we moved in together :-(

Looking for support and friends. I have been logging my food and tracking my activity for years, but I just don't seem to have the will power to stay away from all the amazing Vegan treats (sweets to cheeses) that are available today, but weren't even an option even 5 years ago.
  • knitsteel
    knitsteel Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I've been transitioning to vegetarian since about a year ago and to vegan over the last 3 months, to get healthier in general. I'm still cooking for a bunch of omnivores, but even they are eating the vegan meals that I cook now, without complaining. I'm still trying to lose about 5 pounds but also to maintain healthy sustainable food and exercise habits.
  • MessyArts
    MessyArts Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    hey everyone!
    looking for more vegan weight loss friends. add me!
    29/f/nyc
  • LisaVeganBHScNutrition
    LisaVeganBHScNutrition Posts: 42 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Hi guys! <3 I'm Lisa, 30 years old and live in Sydney, Australia. I've been vegan for 8 years now (vegetarian for 9). Went vego when a community college friend talked to me about vegetarianism and planted the seed in my head. Went home and decided to plan to go veg and watched Meet Your Meat. Went vegan a year later when I realised how despicable the dairy and egg industries etc are.
    Veganism led me to my passion for nutrition... I'm currently studying to become a nutritionist. Am half way through my health science degree in nutritional medicine. This is my way of helping people transition to the vegetarian and vegan diets and help save animals live in the process. <3
    My mum is also vegan, has been for nearly 8 years too. Im very fortunate i have such a close person in my life who has the same values in life like myself.
    I lost 10 kilos in 3 months after going vegan and put it back on (plus an extra 10 kilos) on within a few years. :( Ive lost 8 kilos since last November and am hoping to lose another 12-13 kilos by the end of the year xx
  • FitVegan4Animals
    FitVegan4Animals Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hello fellow vegans!
    I really want supportive MFP friend requests. I would like to connect with like minded people who truly understand what Veganism is and believe that its unnecessary to enslave & kill animals for food, clothing and entertainment. I've been vegan over 3 years.
    ...I've been on MFP for a couple years and a lot of my current MFP friends are not active on here at all, or they never log in, (only about 3 of 35 people actually comment or click like on any of my posts). I too haven't been on here much the last while (hence the not losing weight), but its a new year, almost February, and I really want to lose this extra weight. I have about 30lbs to lose, I'm 5'7".
    - I have lots of advice about veganism, as well as lots of recipes and meal ideas.
    - If you are active & focused on MFP, supportive and interactive please add me! I'll be supportive back. I appreciate the push & the accountability.
    Lets get healthy and lose the weight in 2017!!

xoxo
    Thank you :)
  • yoginiharri
    yoginiharri Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have been vegetarian since the age of 10, was vegan for 4 years before returning to vegetarian at 22 due to an unrelated illness that meant I didn't have the time or energy to prepare my own food. Now at 30 and back at full health I have been transitioning back to veganism since November. 6months in I am loving it and can't believe how many new products are available! Not just food products but toiletries and cosmetics too!
    The change in attitude from others in just 8 years is truely amazing. Looking forward to connecting to some like minded people. :)
  • skinneeme007
    skinneeme007 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Hey vegan friends! My husband and I became vegan almost 2.5 years ago. On his 47th birthday, he went to the doctor and was told that,if he did not make a drastic lifestyle change, he would not be here to see his 48th birthday. Two weeks later, we had a Netflix marathon and watched every documentary we could find. Needless to say, we went cold turkey from omni to plant based. Within a very short amount of time, he was able to get off of ALL his meds - cholesterol, diabetes, ptsd,etc. We always say that we came here for the nutrition, but we stayed for the animals.
  • candycanebec
    candycanebec Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hello :) I have been vegetarian for 20 years, and became vegan in January this year via the Veganuary challenge which I have kept up since then. It's definitely a lot easier than it was when I first tried (and failed) to go vegan about ten years ago. There are so many dairy-free options now - Sainsbury and Tesco have a vegan cheese alternatives that actually melt, and Swedish Glace and Almond Dream make very good vegan ice creams - cheese and ice cream previously being my dairy weaknesses.

I get most of my recipes from vegweb.com and blogs - two favourites are One Arab Vegan and The Full Helping but always on the lookout for ideas. The only thing I won't eat is mushrooms - no allergies or intolerances, thankfully!
  • Jewcybabe
    Jewcybabe Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Hiya!
    I've only recently embraced a plant-based lifestyle. Four weeks my daughter gave me "How Not to Die by Dr. Michael Greger to read. Shortly thereafter I watched the documentary "What the Health" on Netflix, and I my eyes were opened to the devastating impact that my animal based diet was having on my body and the environment.
  • doubledeehealthy
    Options
    Hello! I am a new vegan. I was vegan for some time in high school, however I was an "unhealthy vegan" and I was pretty uneducated on how to take care of myself. Starting fresh-- hope to find new friends!
  • mirpierce536
    mirpierce536 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi. y'all. My name is Miranda, and I am newly vegan, and also new to really concentrating on losing weight too. I've kind gone all in with the vegan thing, so I'm just trying to fins some good resources of information on nutrition while I figure out the rest of it. But I'm happy to be here, and I would totally love it if anyone wanted to friend me, especially if you post recipes/don't mind having questions thrown your way. :)
  • DisneyVeganLove
    DisneyVeganLove Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Hi! My name is Melissa. I am a mother and a wife. I have been eating vegan for over 3 years now. My change was pretty easy, at the time my teen aged daughter was eating vegan and as a mom I was concerned that she was eating well. I began cooking well balanced vegan meals for her to insure she was getting all she needed in her new diet. I read a lot about being vegan and a ton of recipes. After a while I decided to just cook everything vegan and cook meat as a side for the guys. Everything in my fridge over time was swapped out for vegan and most processed foods are gone.

Eating vegan I feel 100% better. My hair and skin look amazing and I am just happier.

Feel free to Friend me.
  • Ivelina34
    Ivelina34 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! My name is Ivelina. I'm vegetarian 11 years and i feel great. I'm happy person .I love the animals and the people :D I am happy because i am alive and live for the moment.
  • OliverRaningerVegan
    OliverRaningerVegan Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    Hello,my Name is Oliver from Germany. I lived since 9 years vegan.