Biographies to find our partners!

Options
daniellerusbult
daniellerusbult Posts: 19 Member
edited June 2017 in Social Groups
Name: Dani
Height: 5'8"
Current Weight: 194

A little about me: I'm an outgoing person who loves the outdoors. My favorite thing is making people around me happy and helping them to feel good about themselves. I'm from Iowa, and I have been living in Texas for 3.5 years. I work full time as an event coordinator for a country club, and I have a very regular work schedule.

How many times have you started this process: Honestly too many times to count. I haven't been in a gym for about a year, which is sad considering I used to have a great routine 6x/week.

I struggle with: Just actually DOING it! I know the ins and outs of lifting and clean eating, and I actually ENJOY it very much! But my biggest thing is making it a routine. If I have a routine, I can do anything. If I am in a routine of the same breakfast, lunch and dinner, it's great! I really enjoy eating the same healthy foods over and over lol. I just need to actually start doing it, which has been the most difficult thing lately.

I'm looking for (in an accountability partner): Someone fun who doesn't mind sending texts back and forth throughout the day logging all meals and gym time for at least the first month or so (when I probably will struggle the most). After that, it won't need to be all day long, because I think I'll be committed at that point. Someone who becomes a friend, who can joke about different things and be 100% HONEST with me. Just be straight up... I know when I'm being a piece of crap lol. I just won't want to admit it or do anything about it without being pushed HARD.

Everyone, please use this as a template to tell us about yourselves. When you see someone's bio that you think would be a good partner, send them a message and get the process going! After that, figure out what communication works best for y'all and get started! We will post different challenges, workouts, meals, etc in this group (not this discussion), so check back in and let us know how it's going!

Sorry for the novel :smile:

Replies

• chantal_bomhof
    chantal_bomhof Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Name: Chantal
    Height: 5'2"
    Current Weight: 125.2 lbs

A little about me: I am a fun, optimistic, extroverted gal from Texas who loves meeting new people and making friends. I am currently a student at Texas A&M and I graduate in December of 2017 yay! I am studying to be an elementary school teacher, which says a lot about me right there :). I have two dogs, a yellow lab and a miniature Schnauzer. Some of my hobbies include working out, watching Netflix, and taking my dogs for walks! :)

How many times have you started this process: If I remember correctly I started using MyFitnessPal in 2012 (my senior year of high school). It was a lot easy for me then to maintain a healthy weight since I was on the dance team and was constantly dancing, running, and doing tons of ab workouts. When I got to college, I definitely gained that freshman 15 (more like freshman 20 if I'm honest with myself). Now that I am back home it has become a lot easier for me to workout and eat healthy.

I struggle with: I absolutely love working out! The problem for me is that I am an extremely picky eater. I HATE veggies and most foods, which makes it hard to clean eat. I usually try to blend veggies in smoothies or I just pile on the dressing...I know it's terrible. So if I can find a partner who has a great way of incorporating veggies into meals or anyone really be my guest!

I'm looking for (in an accountability partner): Someone who can handle my busy schedule and who can really push me to eat clean and workout. I would love to be Facebook friends with the person, so we can get to know each other better. I would love for the person to be encouraging, friendly, and just an overall nice person. When it comes to logging meals, I would be okay with checking in once a week to check progress. I'm looking forward to meeting my partner :)

• lizhitsthegym
    lizhitsthegym Posts: 7 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Name: Liz
    Height: 5'8"
    Current Weight: 169.5

A little about me: I'm student from Connecticut that attends university in the Chicago area. I like to write poetry, go on wacky adventures in the city, and sing at open mic nights. I'm currently the president of my a cappella group and I hope to try out some new athletic activities this coming fall--like intramural boxing, Chicago roller derby, or krav classes. I'm a big idea person, but often get bogged down with the minutia in execution. When it comes to exercise and eating I'm big on experimenting, but have a hard time committing to a routine longer than a week or two.

How many times have you started this process: I've never specifically gone on a weight-loss journey but I have gone through multiple cycles of trying to hit the gym regularly.

I struggle with: Sticking with exercise routines. What usually happens is that I go to the gym consistently (5-7 days a week) for maybe a couple weeks and then I get bored with it and stop going. In addition, I'm only really successful in the summer--the rest of the year at school, I have to walk approximately 1.5 miles to the gym in what is usually uncomfortably hot (high 70s-90s in September and May) or uncomfortably cold (30s-the negative 10s in Nov-March) weather.

I'm looking for (in an accountability partner): Someone who can spice up the weight-loss process as well as keep me on track with my food tracking and exercise! Daily check-ins would be great just to talk about what we've been eating/planning/doing. Not looking for or to be an intense or critical accountability buddy. Just want encouragement and interesting new takes on food and exercise on the journey! That way it's easy to be honest about our successes and short-comings as well as forgiving when we don't quite adhere to a goal. Let's motivate each other to do better!
  • scottyp65
    scottyp65 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    @ciclamino1 I am a Data Quality/Analyst so I understand neat numbers. I have eaten my body weight many times over in pastries as I was in Germany for 12 years....problem is I kept a few too many:-(
  • nosugarinmytea
    nosugarinmytea Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    @scottyp65 - Germany is so bad for temptation and beautiful foods...every time I go back to see my parents I put on a ton!
  • ciclamino1
    ciclamino1 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    scottyp65 wrote: »
    @ciclamino1 I am a Data Quality/Analyst so I understand neat numbers. I have eaten my body weight many times over in pastries as I was in Germany for 12 years....problem is I kept a few too many:-(

Pastries are a weapon of mass(weight?) destruction!
  • kylaamanda
    kylaamanda Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Name:Kyla
    Height: 5'4
    Current weight:215lbs
    Goal weight:190lbs (after that is reached I will set a new goal).
    A little about myself:
    I own my own business doin in home child care and going to school fulltime! I'm going to school to receive a bachelor's in early childhood education and eventually open my own child care. I am from Texas, where the food is good and years are always hot!
    How many times have I started:
    I became a member of MOD in 2012 when I was a senior in high school. I was on the dance and swim team and wanted to keep a record of my meals and training. Due to my crazy training schedule I gave up quickly! I've started 3 times since then, this being the third (third time is the charm tho!). I've started 4 days ago and going strong!
    My struggles:
    I've been on the bigger side due to my love of food. I'm from Texas y'all and grew up eating Mexican food and BBQ on the daily. My biggest struggle is cooking a traditional Mexican meal for my boyfriend and trying to prevent myself from eating 10 tacos! I also struggle with my confidence at the gym. I feel like I'm not always doing my best.
    I'm looking for:
    A person that will be a workout partner for me. Whether it be in person or through technology. Someone that will be an equal in motivation and training in order to reach goals.