Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Biographies to find our partners!

2»

Replies

• Panda8ach
    Panda8ach Posts: 518 Member
    Anyone from the UK or closer? Time difference might be awks with you guys from the US
  • s_thakur
    s_thakur Posts: 2 Member
    Name: Sanjana
    Height: 5'4"
    Current Weight: 191 lbs

A little about me: I grew up in Mumbai, moved to Dubai when I was fourteen, and am now a student at a college in Massachusetts. I'm planning to double major in English and Anthropology (so far, at least!). I love reading and writing and am the Prose Editor for the college's literary magazine. I don't love exercise and I have a sweet tooth, which is a struggle, and I'm planning to combat that during the school year by taking a PE class each semester.

How many times have you started this process: I've never really done something like this before; I've sort of just been trying - half-heartedly, more for other people than myself - for a long time now. I've decided now that this is something I want to do for myself, and so I'm here!

I struggle with: Exercising! There's always an excuse - walking to the gym in negative temperatures, essays, midterms, etc. Also eating healthy during the school year when all I have access to is dining hall food.

I'm looking for (in an accountability partner): I would love to partner with someone who I can check in with every day about my calorie count/exercise situation (and vice versa of course!). I've tried to check in before with parents/friends but either I'm too guilty/worried about disappointing them or too embarrassed, so I'd like a partner who is not too intense, just someone to help keep me on track and with whom I can be honest about how I'm doing. Please let me know if that sounds like it will work for you!
  • scottyp65
    scottyp65 Posts: 261 Member
    @SKINNIME75 I was in the Omaha area for about 16yrs. I retired from the AF at Offutt, and lived in Bellevue all those years. Do you have access to Offutt?
  • ToothlessJoe
    ToothlessJoe Posts: 28 Member
    So, does anyone feel like pairing up with me?
  • SKINNIME75
    SKINNIME75 Posts: 5 Member
    No I'm not military. I'm 20 min from Offutt and have many friends that have retired from there. I love this area!
  • scottyp65
    scottyp65 Posts: 261 Member
    SKINNIME75 wrote: »
    No I'm not military. I'm 20 min from Offutt and have many friends that have retired from there. I love this area!

I really loved it as well. I not only retired from the AF there, but I am also a grad of Peru State & Bellevue U. I also have some pretty deep ties to the area having had a business there and such. I have a son who moved back into the Benson area, and now works for the city of Omaha. One of the main reasons I moved down to where I am is to be closer to my grandchildren and such. Of course the warmer winters and the near complete absence of taxes doesn't hurt either. I am glad you are enjoying the area, there is soooo much to see and do, from the world class zoo, to the museums and such.
  • LinIsStrong
    LinIsStrong Posts: 1 Member
    Name: Lynneth
    Height: 5'7"
    Current Weight: 157

A little about me: I'm a happy mother of two, grandma of five, who travels a lot so I have trouble sticking with a routine, especially when on the road. I love outdoor sports, and the further out it is, the more comfortable I am. My job as software project manager allows me to work from anywhere so that's what I do. Very much an introvert. I turn 60 in 1.5 years and my goal is to weigh <140 by then, consistently, and to feel that my exercise and nutrition are finally in line with the vision I have in my head; that I have integrity between who I am and what I do, health-wise.

How many times have you started this process: Ha. I started this process once and am still starting! It's a life-long struggle, no? I expect to be starting in my 90s too!

I struggle with: I used to struggle with consistent workouts, but then I bit the bullet and started working with a personal trainer about a year ago. That was like a miracle drug! My workouts now are much more consistent, and I lost 15 pounds. However I've plateaued because of how much I struggle with nutrition. I'm a Dr. Jekyll/Mr. Hyde eater - perfect on some days, absolutely monstrous on others. Consistent tracking is my friend.

I'm looking for (in an accountability partner): I am looking to work with one person (I'm not really a group-type of gal) who I can report my meals, calories, and macros every day (preferably text). I'd like a neutral objective perspective on my diet and ideas on how to improve it, and strategies. So basically I'm looking for a nutrition personal trainer! And I am willing to invest the time and effort to be the same in return.

Extras: apologies for not having a pic, I'll try to get one up soon.
  • ciclamino1
    ciclamino1 Posts: 59 Member
    If anyone is still in search of an accountability partner let me know.