Your Longest stall on low carb doing everything right.

Options
Adi4Fitness
Adi4Fitness Posts: 97 Member
go

Replies

• KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    Options
    3 months! Never give up!!
  • AlexandraCarlyle
    AlexandraCarlyle Posts: 1,603 Member
    Options
    12 years. (Does 'between diets' count?!)

If not, I think around 3 weeks.
  • swezeytba
    swezeytba Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    Around 1 month I believe.....
  • retirehappy
    retirehappy Posts: 4,752 Member
    Options
    It took me 8 weeks to drop a pound, 10/13 to 12/06/16. That is my longest stall the others are more like 2 weeks but there were not many of those, I would drop some portion of a lb. weekly for the most part, some big whooshes, others .2 lbs.

If this is TMif just skip over it
    But this is the most consistent weight loss I have ever had on any eating plan and I had done a lot of them. Plan your eating and eat the plan, really does apply with LFHC/KETO. I did Keto for the first few weeks, then slowly added back in carbs, a normal day for me is around 50 net grams now. I started MFP at 49 lbs more than my current weight which is a few lbs. under my original goal weight. I had started Zoning (40c/30f/30p) again when I joined 7/6/13 . I lost down to 155 in July 2014 and stalled out there and slowly regained 30 lbs. I was still logging and eating the Zone way. So 7/2/16 I was back up to 180 lbs. I started Atkins 20 net grams eating plan the last week in July. The weight came off. I also love this way of eating beacause I am not hangry all the time. I was used to a lower carb % than most, but that carb % was too much I needed to cut out potatoes, breads, and pasta to see really great results. Also I am not a gym rat, I attend one circuit weight training class a week, walk 10K daily, do some hiking when weather permits, and I do some yoga and dumbbell work about 2x a week. So my loss is from diet not burning a bunch of extra calories, because this is pretty much the same level of exercise I was doing when I put back on the 30 lbs. I had lost originally on MFP.
  • GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,160 Member
    Options
    Two years I have been in a 195-210 range doing 2000+ calories daily.
  • JessicaMcB
    JessicaMcB Posts: 1,503 Member
    Options
    When I was actively cutting I was rigid af with my logging, no shenanigans or keto baking nonsense, and ran distance. I never stalled, dropped from 213 to 130 in 7 months and then unintentionally lost more that I had to gain back because 5'10" :/
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    About 8 months. But I had added in more carbs (and a bit more calories) and my thyroid was a bit off. I actually gained a few pounds even though I was maintaining at about the same amount of calories earlier.

So mine wasn't really a stall but more of an unexpected weight gain.
  • kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    I didn't stall. I lost pretty consistently- 63 pounds over 53 weeks. My body scale weighs only in full pounds which I consider a blessing. I weighed daily but recorded my Sunday weight-only if it was the week's lowest number and only if I'd I had seen the number on the scale at least once before. I lost my weight via low carb not keto. I ate a ton of salads and other vegetables. I didn't own a food scale. I got that when I decided to try keto in maintenance. I did everything via measuring cups and spoons or guessed. Ha! We have an old 1800s scale that we know to be accurate and a scale for a postage meter that I did use for meat occasionally. :) I cardio-ed my butt off. Literally, I guess.

ETA: Just saw the tail end of the topic regarding " do everything right". Don't suppose I did that but it worked.
  • macchiatto
    macchiatto Posts: 2,890 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    about a month (8 months on other diets)
  • LizinLowell
    LizinLowell Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    I'm terrified of a stall even though I understand healing/reconfiguring might be happening inside. I'm Keto for life regardless. But I really, really want to reach goal weight, still at least 30 lbs away. I've stalled in the past, and started regaining, on other weight loss journeys, & I'm still a bit traumatized from that.

So far, since I went Keto March 8th, it's been a nice downward trend but omg those spikes just fray my nerves. Sometimes I bounce around up & down for 2 weeks before finally dropping a pound & starting the bouncing all over again.

I'm just trying to KCKO. Reading other people's experiences helps.

2fridtnu6rtp.png
  • RalfLott
    RalfLott Posts: 5,036 Member
    Options

If it's any consolation, our dumb scales don't provide insights on how body composition has improved....

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10415166/scale-why-should-i-dump-thee-let-me-count-the-ways
  • LizinLowell
    LizinLowell Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    @RalfLott I definitely try to think about all the healing and swapping of white fat to brown and the taking up of excess skin, hopefully, that could be happening!

At the same time I'm always concerned I'm doing something slightly wrong & that if I knew about it I could tweak it & get better, more consistent results. It's the constant wondering if I'm doing it right that makes me crazy. Because even if I follow Keto protocol to the letter, as we know, we are all n=1 & I might need to do things a little different than someone else.

Anyway, keeping calm! Ketoing on! Will try some tweaks (total carbs at 20 or fewer instead of net, no dairy, mixing up IF window, trying a longer fast).
  • qmcclean123
    qmcclean123 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I have been keto for a month and sticking pretty carefully to less than 20 carbs and mod protein ( usually under 100g) and exercising regularly. Weigh myself once a week and have been consistently losing 3 lbs per week. Just weighed myself and no loss- so I guess this is a stall? Not sure if this is common? Don't want to be discouraged !. I am not cheating at all. So must be physiological (?). Any advise? Thought?