Summer Stretch July 2017 Challenge: Week 1 (7/1-7/7)

Options

Replies

• anglyn1
    anglyn1 Posts: 1,803 Member
    Options
    Ok...late to the party. I went on a mini beach trip with mom and there were some indiscretions here and there. I did get a lot more activity than typical through walking and swimming. So far so good on not letting a little bit of indulgence creep past the vacation.

So for July I am going to work on more lifting workouts. I kind of slacked on that in June. I fell running and tweaked my bad shoulder so that kind of set me back. Then I had a tooth issue that kept me awake in pain for days and needed a root canal. So exercise in general was pretty blah. So this month I need to get back to lifting and other exercise. Enjoy the outdoors. Stick to the low carb lifestyle so I feel my best. Basically just get back to my normal!
  • elize7
    elize7 Posts: 1,088 Member
    Options
    Yes, Anglyn...life does get in the way sometimes. My stretch challenge is pretty much the same...getting back to good normal habits that are based on my goals. For me, now, it's weighloss back to goal weight...then another go at the elusive maintenence plan.
    With weight loss I've found that it really has to be my #1 priority or else I don't really seem to succeed. So timing is important with regards to other life goings on. Wonder how that will play out when I get to maintenence?
    A very challenging journey, to say the least.
  • slimzandra
    slimzandra Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    @elize7 - So happy for you. I've watched your ups and downs and so happy that you have things under control and doing well.

The 4th wasn't good in several respects. Food, drinks, companionship. all ugg..
    New day. All I can do is get back at it. Think and be positive!
  • TX_Bluebonnet
    TX_Bluebonnet Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Food and carbs were good today. Not feeling particularly motivated so only did a short 15 minute Zumba routine this evening.
  • Chillycatmum
    Chillycatmum Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Have reached 2 weeks zero carb, and feeling amazing I started back on plan just over 3 weeks ago starting with LC and then ZC and so far have lost 17lbs - still feeling hugely motivated and even started getting a small amount of exercise in now that my back and knees aren't so uncomfortable and my stomach pain has all but gone too - still some small niggles but overall fantastic.

I have a CT scan coming up for my stomach issues and they still think my pains were due to the gallstones they found in the ultrasound but the way I am going I will not be needing surgery anymore
  • elize7
    elize7 Posts: 1,088 Member
    Options
    Okay, my stretch snapped back a little last night at the party. Oh well, wasnt catastrophic, but getting my stretch right back on today foodwise. No weigh in til tomorrow, because I forgot, but I know there would be water retention. Possibly 2 pounds or so. Nice, quiet little party with just a few folks, outside, on a beautiful moonlit night! Life is good.
  • SuperCarLori
    SuperCarLori Posts: 1,248 Member
    Options
    *tiptoes in hoping noone noticed I'VE BEEN BINGEING FOR MONTHS NOW*

Today is Day One, Season Fourteen.
  • Chillycatmum
    Chillycatmum Posts: 188 Member
    Options

You can do this - one day at a time
  • sisterlilbunny
    sisterlilbunny Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    I could have sworn i posted here but I didn't! Sheesh I'm bad this month. ;)

At any rate, I haven't started week 7 of my C25K yet but that's because the fourth left me sleeping like I'm in old lady mode. Should be tonight though. I'm also signing up for Omaha Run Club and the Go Girl 5k run in September. I don't like people seeing me exercising (in my mind failing) so this is a huge. We'll see how it goes. It gets me a discount on running gear though!
  • SuperCarLori
    SuperCarLori Posts: 1,248 Member
    Options

Thank you. I was reluctant to even claim it, because I've made a liar and a fool of myself so many times....
  • RAC56
    RAC56 Posts: 433 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options

Thank you. I was reluctant to even claim it, because I've made a liar and a fool of myself so many times....

Yes, as we all have, but the important thing is to move forward, never giving up. Glad to see that you are doing just that. :)
  • RAC56
    RAC56 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Hubby and I (both keto) started a new exercise program as our July challenge and so far we've been able to keep going with it. We begin phase 2 next week.
  • vls1127
    vls1127 Posts: 8 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    I just started using MFP again on Monday to help me get back on track. I do well following LC and for me that is under 50-60 grams. I know many wouldn't consider that LC, but it works for me. The stretch for me is to stick with it and not fall off the wagon. We ate out last night (I hate eating out when I am beginning a plan) fortunately a chef salad was an option.
  • kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    Options
    vls1127 wrote: »
    I just started using MFP again on Monday to help me get back on track. I do well following LC and for me that is under 50-60 grams. I know many wouldn't consider that LC, but it works for me. The stretch for me is to stick with it and not fall off the wagon. We ate out last night (I hate eating out when I am beginning a plan) fortunately a chef salad was an option.

50-60 (whether total or net) is low carb. It is even low carb enough for ketosis for some people-especially those who are physically active. Most people consider low carb to be anything under 100 grams and many consider 150 or below, low carb.

Many of the active posters are keto but there really are a few regulars who are not keto and several more who pop in on occasion. Keep doing what works for you.
  • baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,955 Member
    Options

Just keep fighting. :heart:
    Doooon't stop believin'!
  • baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,955 Member
    Options
    vls1127 wrote: »

There you are! Welcome back!
  • slimzandra
    slimzandra Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    Checking in with my new attitude! So far so good.. Planning an active weekend. No parties, so should be a good one for Monday checkin. Happy Friday to you all..
  • CraftHer
    CraftHer Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    A little late to the game on this one but I think it's a great idea. My underlying principle is slow and steady. I tend to do too much too fast and get frustrated and quit. So my stretch may not seem much of a stretch but I'm going to add 1 30 minute walk a week. I listen to audio books and I think this would be a great way to add more reading time to my day.