How Do I Stop Cheating?

Options
124»

Replies

• baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,954 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Thanks kpk54 the original link didn't work. Everyone should just read the whole thing.

sitename changed:
    http://coachtaylorsimon.ca/uncategorized/the-brutally-honest-6-reasons-you-are-still-overfat/
  • AlexandraCarlyle
    AlexandraCarlyle Posts: 1,603 Member
    Options
    Saved the effing link because it's so effing true. Every effing word.
  • SuperCarLori
    SuperCarLori Posts: 1,248 Member
    Options
    Re read it while eating my pepperoni.
    All of the yes. I'll just bookmark it for when I try to make excuses.
  • JohnnyLowCarb
    JohnnyLowCarb Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    @kpk54 This was awesome! Certainly hit home and for all those who do not have any medical issues they need to read this! Over and over. The sensitivity factor and being nice sometimes is not what those who need to make life changing choice need, they need brutal truth. My brother couldnt make it One Day on the LCHF diet. Not one day. Coach Taylor's words apply to him, and Coach Taylor's words will ring in my ears on days I want change what I have done to get me to where I am. Nice! Thanks for Sharing.
  • JohnnyLowCarb
    JohnnyLowCarb Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    Thanks kpk54 the original link didn't work. Everyone should just read the whole thing. This part is one of the best things I have read recently:...<snip>

I have to say, I'm secretly very blunt, in my own mind.
    I often get people telling me that wow, I look great, and "how did you manage to lose all that weight?"
    So I tell them; I explain, I outline the benefits, I cite links, admit research, tell them I have metaphorically devoured every single piece of info I can lay my hands on until my head spins with it all.... and they then proceed to tell me, "Aw, no, I could never give up bread/potatoes/pasta/rice/doughnuts/burgers/croissants/chocolate/<insert any other taboo carb here>....!"

And at this point I really, really feel like retorting "Well stay F***ing fat then, and quit moaning! There is no short cut, and yes, there is sacrifice! So basically, what you want is to look like me but not put the effort in, right? Yeah, that would work. Stupid cow."

>:)

But I don't.

o:)

Yes, my brother who is not extremely overweight but has a host of inflammation issues, and I know would benefit from the LCHF diet, looked at my results and said "how did you do it". I told him all about it. I was excited that he was going to give it a shot and I wanted to see the health improvements. BUT, he couldnt make it a day! Not one day, and for many of the reasons Coach Taylor points out. For strangers it's easy to say "stop being weak, suck it up etc..." when you see a loved one do it - its very disappointing and heart breaking.